“Never stayed and never will!!”

Carousel Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lake Delton
Joliet, IL
“Never stayed and never will!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2005

I had a reservation made, but cancelled it the next day after doing some research. First I called to check rates and they told me $139/night with 4 tickets to Noah's Ark.Cool. I called the next day and was told $159/night with 4 tickets to Noah's Ark. I called the next day and it was $139/night with 4 tickets to Noah's Ark, I went ahead and booked it so that it wouldn't go back up the next day. I came online and found terrible reviews of the place so I called to check out the package deal and it's 2 tickets per day. I had reservations for 4 people. Why would I agree to 2 tickets per day?? My daughter is only 2 and she's free so why do I have to pay for her to go? I paid $10 to cancel the reservation and it's the best $10 I've ever spent!! BEWARE OF THIS PLACE. DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BOOK IT TO SAVE YOURSELF $10 OR POSSIBLY MORE!! BIGGEST RIPOFF IN THE DELLS!!!

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank Carey S

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 3 August 2004

i dont know what someother people think but this was the best place I have ever been to. My 6 children loved the hotel. we were taking a trip for a week up in the dells an decided that carousel was the best deal for our dollar. we paid for one whole week what some places charge per night and i was very satisfied with my stay. The staff was cheerful and very helpful. Becky is a riot. Our stay was so awesome that I'm already planning a trip there late this summer again. I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as i do

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2004

This place is excellent for children and adults as well. The Candyland/Carousel theme really excited our 3 kids, and the $89 rate was great for us.....on a Friday night in the middle of summer! We frequently visit the Dells, and this was our first trip to the Carousel, and we will definitely be back. The front desk staff was really helpful too!!! Be sure to ask for the "kids bags". The kids will get free admissions to attractions.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 August 2003

This is probably the worst place we have ever stayed. Filthy rooms, dirtiest pool I have ever seen, ripped blankets, and to top off the atmosphere, backed up plumbing in the middle of the night. I called for help and there is no staff there at night and the emergency number operator for the sister hotel tells me there is nothing he can do. I was mopping up sewage with towels and had to fix the plumbing myself!!! Thank goodness for Walgreens household aisle. We could not even get a few extra pillows (because they flat and VERY THIN). I had to sleep with my head on duffle bag. After I returned home, I called to complain and it has now been 5 days and 5 messages later and they do not even call me back. A VERY BAD PLACE!!!!!!!!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Lake Delton hotels

Reviewed 6 July 2003

Carousel Inn was very nice, pools were clean and inviting. Lifegards were great especially Jason. Our room was clean, had a balcony overlooking the pool area. Only issue we had, our room was slightly musty, but otherwise, it was a great stay we will go back again. Prices were very reasonable.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2003

What a great place for young kids. The outdoor waterpark was perfect for my 3 and 5 year olds. I especially liked the lifeguards who were extremely helpful and friendly. The staff was very kind and the manager was always around if you needed something. Our room had a balcony overlooking the waterpark and was very clean. Got a great price on this room and it was worth it!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 4 June 2003

What a joke this place is. We stayed here cause the hotel looks cute for kids. Here is the list of problems we had: toilet would not flush we had to plunge it every time we peed. After calling the front desk the first five times they left the plunger. Shower would not drain. Housekeeping left our patio door wide open after blowing up a stinky vacumn in our room leaving our belongings to vandals. There was garbage all over under the desk in the room. There was a bee hive on the little patio we had. The pools were very dirty with a layer of scum and dirt on the top and the water was extremely cold. We called to have the pool heater turned on and it never did get turned on. The outdoor slide never did work all weekend and the Jacuzzi jets both inside and out never worked either. We were in the suite and paid $175.00 per night and they gave us a $22.50 refund when we left because of all the trouble. On top of it all the reason we got the suite was for the in room whirlpool which blew a fuse every time we turned on the jets. We will never stay here again.

28 Thank itsjustme1
Alakai Hotel and Suites
Alakai Hotel and Suites
#21 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wisconsin Dells
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wi...
#10 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Atlantis Waterpark Hotel & Suite...
#35 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & ...
#16 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Carousel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!