“A nice alternative in the Dells area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Del Bar

The Del Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Del Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Hiawatha Drive
Chicago
“A nice alternative in the Dells area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We live in Chicago, and we're spoiled by all the nice restaurants with fresh food and a great menu that are still kid-friendly. In the Dells for vacation, we quickly tired of the greasy spoon and pizza options for lunch and dinner. The Del-Bar was the perfect solution. The menu includes many options, including fresh vegetables and salads, a great wine list, and good kids' options. The sea food and steak were outstanding. Our waitress was very helpful and great with our two daughters (ages 5 and 7). I highly recommend Del-Bar as a nice change from the typical Wisconsin Dells options.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Buffalo Grove, IL
“Over Priced Under Flavored Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I give Del Bar 1 star for ambiance and one star for fast, friendly service. The food is way overpriced for the tasteless dishes that are served. I started with the clam chowder which was not the thick creamy soup I had expected but a thin, watery liquid with little flavor. It did contain lots of big pieces of (I assume) clam. Next I had the Caesar salad which tasted like lettuce. I even opted for the anchovies which I thought would add extra flavor. Unfortunately there was nothing there to start with so the anchovies were not enough to save this salad. My main course was Schnitzel with spaetzle. The spaetzle had no flavor. The Schnitzel - which I was told was pork, not veal, was paper thin and breaded. There was actually a nice flavor to the Schnitzel not great, but any flavor that was not bad, was welcome at this point. Unfortunately the Schnitzel was overly salty. Not bad enough to send it back, but enough to detract from what could have been a highlight of an otherwise disappointing meal.

The prices are quite high for this area and the food does not justify that expenditure.

• Visited July 2014
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Best of the Dells”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This is the absolute best restaurant in the Dells. Best appetizers. Best drinks. Best steaks. Best salads. A service standard that is incomparable. Ambience is incredible. Obvious owners that are connected, involved, and care about every experience. Don't skip this place on any trip to the Dells.

Buffalo, NY
“Very nice meal...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Nice upscale steakhouse. The steaks were very good. Also had the Wisconsin cheese curds which were also tasty. Prices were about average for an upscale steakhouse but overall the restaurant has a good feel to it and decent service. The food would bring me back again if I were in the area but I wouldn't make a special trip.

Visited June 2014
Milton, Wisconsin
“Ok, but service was poor...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The food was good, but I felt I was given less attention traveling alone. The table near me had 12 people & they had plenty of wait staff. I had to request my check... It is upscale, so be prepared for the price.

Visited August 2013