“Poor Customer Service sours breakfast”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Lake Delton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We love Denny's normally because it is consistently good food at a very affordable price. But an affordable price should not mean I sacrifice good service.

We ordered a side of pancake puppies with our Grand Slams to see how they were because we had heard good things. Unfortunately this was not the case for us, which is usually not a big deal. You just tell your server and if a majority of the dish is left, it is removed from the bill.

When I did this, our server had already brought our bill. But instead of offering to have it removed or ask her manager to do it, she just stared at us blankly and handed me the bill and made to walk away. When I told her I didn't want to pay for something we hardly ate, she told me plainly, "Oh well you can ask the manager to do that."

I'm sorry, excuse me? Basic customer service is to at least offer to take ownership of the issue and offer to resolve the concern. This was not done and that is why this review is a 1 instead of a 5.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

So we went for a late Sunday night dinner. Kids ordered cheeseburger meal and Mac and cheese meal. My wife had the avocado BLT. The burger was ok the Mac and cheese was less than good nut the BLT was a nightmare. It was a few slices of avocado and a rubber substance they call bacon. We never got a soda refill and had to flag the waitress down for 1 refill on a cup of coffee. They were playing really loud music in the kitchen that was very annoying. Needless to say we will not be returning here.

1  Thank rpm1774
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Food here is excellent, great big portions too. The waitresses were very friendly. We had the french toast, pancakes, hash browns, an omelet and bacon. Everything was delicious!
We liked it enough to eat here both mornings of our stay in town. They do not accept any credit cards so bring cash.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We found the Denny’s Restaurant easily from Interstate 90, while travelling from the East Coast.

The exterior looked like a shiny aluminum and glass block diner from the 50s and 60s. Life size figures of cultural icons, like Marilyn Monroe and James Dean graced the sidewalk. The interior was well lighted with the aluminum and glass block theme combined with red and black surfaces. The tables were not crowded.

Kelli T greeted us with a smile and menus. She asked how we were, and did we want coffee or soft drinks. She checked back after we’d received our orders. She was polite and personable.

The Denny’s menu offers a fascinating array of breakfasts, short orders, creative sandwiches, and desserts. I had the Super Bird; turkey breast, cheese, and tomato on grilled sourdough bread. I had it with 1000 Island dressing and mixed fruit. My wife had the chicken strip dinner. We both enjoyed our meals.

The manager visited our table. When we declined dessert because we were “traveling and might fall asleep after dessert,” she gave us coffee refills to go.

I was given an AARP discount and could, otherwise, have received a military-retired discount.

I’d gladly visit this Denny’s again if passing through Wisconsin Dells or staying in Wisconsin Dells.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The service and food were both great. Myself and my two kids sat at the breakfast bar. The waitstresses were very friendly.