“Duffy's is a must!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Duffy's Cottages & Suites
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Naperville, Illinois
“Duffy's is a must!”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was our third time staying at Duffy's and have never had a bad experience. The rooms were clean and the recent upgrades to cabin 1 are really nice. It makes for a nice little weekend getaway for my wife and I when we need to get out of the Chicagoland area. Its also a great place to get a bunch of friends together to rent out the cabins and hang out. The Duffy's are really nice and have always been very helpful. In fact, everyone in Lake Como has been very welcoming every time we've stayed. We'll definitely be back and recommend it to anyone who is thinking about staying in the Lake Como/ Geneva area. Also, the full bar is a bonus.

Room Tip: Cabin 1 upgrades are nice
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2012

With work, family, and everything thing in-between, it's rare for us to steal a weekend getaway but Duffy's Cottages was close enough to make it happen and far enough to feel like we actually went somewhere. Two nights went like lightning and we definitely need to come back! We like the outdoors but aren't big sports people, so it was perfect to be able to go for scenic walks around the lake and enjoy the brisk (very brisk) woodsy air barely 90 minutes from home. Lake Geneva is close for the standard touristy shopping (guys, you'll survive, ok?) The best was warming the barstools all evening and only having to walk about 15 yards to the cottage - Gary is a character and we had a great time. Plenty of Guinness, plus he served us this butterscotch Irish whisky that I'd never heard of but it was delicious!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jeneff
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My family and I have stayed at Duffy's the last two summers and both times had a wonderful experience. The hostess was delightful and the host had us in stitches until dawn. Walking into Duffy's Pub is like stepping into a little piece of Dublin. By the end of the weekend it was like we were old friends. lininhp is right about the Pizza. It's the best in town. I almost hate to recommend Duffy's because I want to make sure they have room for me and my family next year.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Fennimore
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My family and I spent the weekend at Duffy's and were pleasantly surprised. The cottages were clean and comfortable, and quite affordable. We had plenty to do, and were still far enough away from the touristy area to enjoy quite evenings watching the sunset. The bar serves great food and drinks. Many locals frequent the bar and welcomed us as though we were old friends. We will definitively be going back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LisaFennimore
Northern Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a nice relaxing time at Duffy's Cottages. The landscaping is gorgeous and the view is beautiful. The host and hostess were extremely friendly and helpful. The Duffy's bar was within walking distance of our room and it serves the best pizza in the area. We will definitely be back and have already recommended it to our friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lininhp
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My family and I stayed at Duffy's recently for 3 nights. We brought our boat as well and we all had a wonderful time. The Duffys were most accommodating as our son is very young and they provided us with a spare play pen for him! I our haste to get to the country, we left ours at home! The cabins are recently remodeled and well maintained. I travel a lot for work and stay in many hotels and this was a very nice change of pace. We will be back!

Pete and Teri Pakula
McHenry, IL.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lounge87
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Me and my fiancee stayed at Duffys for 4 days in July.Upon checking in,Duffy came across as an arrogant and un-welcomining individual.Spite the extreme heat,our couples getaway was pleasurable,but now looking back I wished I had read more reviews and had spent my 600 dollars somewhere else.When I returned home I checked my bank account only to learn there was an unauthorized transaction for 100 dollars from Duffys cottages on my credit card.After leaving several messages as to an explanation of this transaction with no returned phone call,I finally got a hold of him.He stated we left the place "trashed and that we soiled the towels and there was a stain on the comforter.Funny thing is for 4 days we were never supplied with extra towels,spent an hour and a half sweeping,doing and putting away dishes,removing all trash,wiping down kitchen, bathroom etc and placing all linens in a pile. I was completely shocked and when I disputed his accusations,even stating we had pictures of the cabin,for memories before we left. He started yelling profanities to me followed by hanging up on me.We travel once a month to different areas in MN and WI,staying at cabins,cottages and or bed and breakfasts and have even received several e mails from businesses thanking me for leaving their property so clean.I am a former housekeeper and I try to respect peoples property,leaving it the way it was when I arrive.I could NOT believe the e mail he sent me,AFTER our conversation stating so many falsehoods.Okay people use towels and linens,that is a part of having a rental property,there is a thing called laundry soap and bleach,especially when you receive nearly a grand for 4 days that should cover a water bill and laundry expenses huh.It is quite obvious this is not the first accusations he has made towards patrons and in my eyes his privately owned business is money hungry.I have filed a grievance with the Better Business Beureau .In the multiple rentals we have stayed in,I will always remember that all people cannot be trustworthy,so Please think twice before staying here or giving this business your credit card number for that matter!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple