I attended the Kleinheinz-Amman Wedding in December at the Grand Geneva and could not have been happier. I was the day off coordinator for the wedding and I must say, working with Kate in Conference Services was such a breeze AND so much fun. We got to know each other instantly and the wedding was flawless. The staff that we worked with that day was great: shining the wood accents in the Ballroom, lowering the temperatures to ensure everyone was cool and not hot boxes, straightening the Christmas trees (which required what seemed like 20 foot ladders, sorry Kate) at my request, and putting the finishing touches on the rooms were just what I needed to make this event flawless. The decor of the hotel lended itself perfectly to the wedding. The wedding food was fantastic, compliments to the chefs! I had mushroom ravioli, which was perfect. My date to the wedding said this was her favorite wedding food of all time. And we go to a ton of weddings.
Having Santa and Mrs. Claus in the lobby whole carolers sang was impressive and a huge hit with many of the wedding guests.
The complimentary glasses of champagne at check-in were welcomed after a long day of driving to Wisconsin.
The night of the wedding there was a snow storm and after the reception, we went outside and took pictures and videos with all the Christmas lights near the hotel, added bonus!
One thing that was weird was the lobby bar. It seemed to not make sense with the rest of the hotel as it seemed to be a Euro club when we went in there. The night we werethere, there were two "ladies", gentleman hopping and it was just weird. Such a nice resort with a weird club.
The rooms were quite large and the view was great, even if it was a frozen lake. Seeing wildlife is always fun since the only wildlife I see in Chicago are dogs and pigeons, HAH!
Would I come back here? ABSOLUTELY! I think I will try it out in the summer or fall as the lake would be beautiful to see.
So thanks again to Kate in CS....she rocks and it's obvious she loves her job! Give her a raise!!!
PS--I hope the Chicago Blackhawks Gingerbread Ice Rink won the contest!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois