“Love the Grand Geneva”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here recently and loved it. The Grand Geneva staff is always pleasant and tries to go out of their way to please. We picked a bad time to stay because there was an Irish Dance Competition taking place but that really didn't bother us, other than the pool being so crowded we couldn't use it. We did find other things to do so it was OK. Our room was great, we had a king suite that had a king bed and pull out sofa. Everyone in my family was quite content with the accommodations. The dining was also excellent. We had two meals on the property and both were wonderful. We did have one problem that wasn't resolved and I'm not sure if it could have been. The room next to us had a dog. Why dogs are allowed at this resort is the question, The dog barked constantly. I called the front desk three times and each time was told they would send security to the room. The barking never stopped. All I can say is if I am paying $400 a night for a room I don't want to listen to someones dog bark. I can hear that at home from the neighbors dog. I think the pet policy should be reviewed or pet owners placed together away from guests that don't want to listen to it. Other that that we were very happy with the stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,240)

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Awful! Awful! Terrible service.
Beautiful to look at. A waste of
Money. Parking was a joke. Staff clueless. Mold in bathrooms. Cold in public areas.
Food took over a hour and was no better than Golden Coral.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sue K
Tom M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope to improve our service levels through addressing concerns and opportunities by listening to guest feedback like yours. I am very sorry you experienced less than satisfactory customer service during you stay. If you wish to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me directly at (262) 249-4713.

Regards,
Managing Director

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have stayed at the Grand Geneva many times. I have always enjoyed my stay. This time our room looked great when we went in but soon realized it wasn't. This is the coldest winter we have had in a very long time and the only bedding provided was two sheets and a thin blanket. No comforter or top cover on the bed. When we inquired about this and asked for more bedding we were told that this is all that is provided. WHAT? The overflow in the sink was disgusting and there was mold in the corners of the shower. There is such a long walk from some of the rooms to the pool. We will not be staying anymore.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank candlewick1
Tom M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apology for the experience that you had while you were our guest. Your concerns about your room cleanliness have been shared with our housekeeping team. We value all of our guest feedback as it helps us to improve our service to all of our guests. I welcome the opportunity to speak to you more about your recent stay. I am hopeful that given another chance, we can regain your trust in Grand Geneva. Our team looks forward to the opportunity.

Regards,
Managing Director

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I booked Grand Geneva for a girlfriends trip away for the weekend. They had exactly what I was looking for. The service was excellent, both at the front desk & in the spa. The spa had very knowledgeable people servicing their clients & the experience was amazing. My friend & I ate dinner & had brunch at Chophouse restaurant & while a little more on the pricey side, it was well worth it. The food was amazing & possibly the best brunch I have ever been to. Thank you Grand Geneva for making my girls weekend getaway, memorable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allison F
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I attended a conference at this property for 3 days. When I pulled up the valet and bell captain were prompt and efficient. I was greeted with a glass of champagne as I waited to check in, so they did a fine job of setting a great tone...loved that touch. I had a standard king room which was nicely appointed and very comfortable. The rooms include a mini fridge and coffee maker and all have a balcony or patio. My favorite feature was the large bathroom mirror with a built in TV. I got to watch the news as I got dressed each day.

The conference rooms were very comfortable, but this property was built as a resort so it is very spread out and has a great deal of stairs. It takes a day or two to get your bearings.

The resort features several good restaurants and a Starbucks, a well spa and a neighboring building with a water park, so you never have to leave the property if you don't want to.

I was very pleased with the service. The neighboring City of Lake Geneva is a resort community with beautiful natural resources, many restaurants and bars and a good selection of retail outlets. I visit several times a year and always enjoy the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a King room with Lake View. Building 4 is closest to lobby, pools and restaurants.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Weekend stay with family. Room was larger than your average hotel room. Appeared to have been redecorated recently. Room and bathroom were clean and heat was adjustable! Cannot complain about the room.
Upon check in we were offered a glass of champagne. Valet parking was offered, in general the whole process was fast and easy. Opted for room service for dinner and were pleasantly surprised at the prompt delivery as well as the quality of the food.
All in all a pleasant stay. We did not avail ourselves of the many amenities....spa, outdoor activities, even swimming pool. Basically just getting away from horrible weather and relaxing.
Only complaint is the difficulty of getting around in the lodge. This place has had many lives and each time it changed hands different areas were added, resulting in zigs and zags and stairs going up and down. To say it is easy to get lost is an understatement. Fortunately, staff seems used to perplexed people wandering the halls and are quick to offer assistance! As a matter of fact, all staff encountered were extremely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Tom M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

I'm so happy to hear that you were able to escape the cold weather and enjoy your stay with us! Thank you for all of the compliments. Hope to see you return in the near future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I love this place. A perfect get away. The prices are kinda high.. But worth it. Also ate at the chop house (steak restaurant) that is at the resort.. AWESOME!

Lake Geneva is beautiful, if you are thinking about going.. Its highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple