We stayed the week between Christmas and New Years. There was a great deal if you stayed 4 nights and prepaid but couldn't stay over New Years! We flew into Milwaukee and drove over- maybe an hour. I had thought the resort was out in the country but there is a town right next to it. Target, Walmart, and lots of places to eat.
We also paid for the club level and I would highly recommend this. It was around $50 a day and gives you access to club level room, breakfast items, cocktails and appetizers in the evening, desserts, and non-alcoholic drinks all day. My kids preferred cereal from the coffee shop. It was nice to hang out down there, watch tv, and play games/cards with the kids. We ate at the lobby restaurant daily, breakfast buffet once, few lunches and dinners. The service was slow each time. The food was good and priced for the type of resort it is. You could also order of the menu when they had the breakfast and dinner buffets. They have a unique mango tea that surprised me and was really good. Some of the family ate at the ski lift and it was more cafeteria style.
The rooms were fine and we had reserved a lake view room. We were in building 5 close to the main lobby and restaurant. Room was functional and roomy enough for a family of 4. The indoor pool was huge and there was also a hot tub. It filled up as the day went on and people came back from skiing.
My family spent time at the gym, spa, and ski lifts. It was freezing out and too cold for us to want to me outside a lot, the gym has a large free play area with basketball, indoor tennis courts, volleyball, and little kid soccer goals. There is a full fitness center too. You needed reservations for tennis. My tween daughter had two spa treatment and enjoyed them- facial and nails. I liked waiting for her in the lounge too- quiet room, loungers, and light snacks. I had time to read a book. The skiers enjoyed the mountain and another local ski area. The mountain is small and good for easy runs and learners. My husband liked that they would slow down the lifts for my son to get off. He liked the more challenging ski runs at the other ski areas- less than a half hour drive. They had also set up a gaming area for kids in a ballroom area. They had game systems and table tennis set up for free. You could also check out games. There were also arcade games to pay for. They showed a kids movie every night in a conference room. There was an activities schedule and you could always find something to do.
The Christmas decorations were really great and festive. There wasn't time to see shows and do everything outdoors too. We did walk around to see everything and took the nighttime trolley to see the lights. We had planned to go to the water park at the other property on sight but never made it there.
I hope to come back sometime in the summer too,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois