The property is absolutely beautiful with well-maintained grounds. The location is great--a five minute drive to the central part of Lake Geneva where there is plenty of convenient parking.
There are lots of activities at the resort, but we spent most of our time in Lake Geneva and nearby communities. A real plus was the Spa/Fitness Center. We did not use spa services but made good use of the Fitness Center--even taking a Yoga Class that was excellent, even though I'm a newbie at Yoga. Locker rooms have steam room, sauna, whirlpool as well as showers, bathrooms, etc. There is an indoor lap pool, tennis courts, lots of cardio equipment and free weights--even a climbing wall. Opens early and closes at 9 pm I think.
I would have given this resort a 5 except for the following. Our room was quite far from the lobby area and outdoor pools; everything is connected but there are long hallways and lots of stairs (I only saw ONE elevator in the place) so be prepared to lug your baggage up stairs. We literally had a room in the farthest building, in the farthest hallway, three rooms from the end. We also seemed to have one of the very few rooms without a balcony. Disappointing, but still a nice room.
The other negative was that one day our room never got cleaned. We left the room early-ish in the morning and did not return until mid-afternoon and the room hadn't been touched. We let them know at the front desk and they came to clean the room while we were in it so we sent them away and asked them to come out while we were out for the evening...didn't happen.
Still, this is a beautiful place in a great location. Wonderful for families or couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois