“Good food & surroundings.”
Review of Bistro 220 - CLOSED

Bistro 220
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Ireland
“Good food & surroundings.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Had dinner here on one night during our stay. The place is not open every night and a reservation may be required. We were seated upstairs in a small room which was very dimly lit. The décor is also dark which makes it quite difficult to read a menu. Overall the food and service is good and there is plenty space. A little more light would help.

• Visited September 2013

Bradley, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I go to Lake Geneva every year for our anniversary, and found this restaurant last year. For the most part we enjoyed it, although the service was somewhat rude. We went back this year, thinking it would be different. We were so wrong!

We walked in during an afternoon of shopping to make a dinner reservation. We asked for a specific table out on the patio. We were told it would be available at 7:15pm. We came back at that time and was seated in a different location! I told the host our reservation was for a specific table and he just looked at me as if annoyed with me and said, "Well, if you want to wait for that table to become available...". I said we would since that is what we made our reservation for. He looked at me and rudely said, "Ok!"

While waiting for our table, we could hear him along with the other staff making rude comments about us. We could also hear other customers complaining about the rudeness of the staff. Finally, after hearing another rude remark about us, we simply walked out.

What a disappointing experience! The food is great, although overpriced. But, it is not worth the horrible service of the staff. We were very disappointed and will not be returning here. There are many more places available in the area with much better service.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank mathcp9801
Clinton, Illinois
“Wonderful food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We went to Bistro 220 for drinks and appetizers, and everything was amazing! We sat on the upper patio and sitting outside in Lake Geneva at the end of October is pretty much unheard of. Bistro 220, however, has the upper deck covered by a clear, thick plastic and has outdoor heaters set up on each end. We were not only warm, but more than impressed by the service and quality of everything we ate and drank! The Bloody Mary's are incredible and the appetizer sampler is divine! It has a very intimate atmosphere, we will definitely visit Bistro 220 every time we visit Lake Geneva!

Visited October 2013
Chicago
“Deserves a better rating than #16”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have been to Bistro 220 in LG several times. I always thought it was one of the best restaurants in LG. I went last week with my wife and friends. We called late and could not get a reservation but the person said If we got there by 6:30 he could seat us right a way but they needed the table @ 7:45 No Problem. We were seated immediately and told do not feel rushed take your time. We ordered, and ate including deserts. With no rush at all. By 735 we were ready for the check.
As always the food was outstanding but I particularly appreciated the accommodation by the staff and the ability to provide quick service without feeling rushed. BTW They only have beer and wine but still make terrific drinks using Saki.
Try them.

• Visited October 2013
McHenry, Illinois
“Great food & cozy atmosphere!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a GREAT experience at Bisto220 this past June to celebrate my mom's special birthday. After looking at the menus of a lot of local restaurants I chose this place because of their fresh fish selection. Ken was so easy to work with for our special occasion as we were able to start out by having drinks & appetizers on the balcony. All of the appetizers we chose (bruschetta, goat cheese, & artichoke/spinach dip) were delicious! There were twelve of us so it was a cozy fit in the dining room with the fireplace but the ambiance was perfect for our special family dinner. Everyone ordered something different and all the selections were wonderful. The fish, pasta, filet, and chicken - everyone was quite pleased with the flavors. My husband and I will most definitely be back there to have a romantic dinner for two!

• Visited June 2013