“Fun and Good”
Review of Bistro 220 - CLOSED

Bistro 220
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fontana, Wisconsin
“Fun and Good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great outdoor balcony, good food (albeit limited selections) and friendly service. A lovely spot for an appetizer and glass of wine on the weekend.

• Visited September 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Service fail”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I wanted to try Bistro 220 on a personal recommendation, but sadly can't say how the food is (or isn't). The service is the cause. It's very upsetting to be seated and then indifferently or barely acknowledged. The was disappointing and now that I read other reviews I guess I should have expected it. Not sure if I'll ever give it a second chance.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank JRB_Travels
Chicago
“Lousy service”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I would of loved to of given a review of their food but I can't. After being seated right away and our water brought to us. Our waiter came by; we weren't sure about one item so he said he would be back in a minute. 15 minutes later after watching him take care of other customers and then take the orders at a table that arrived 10 min after we did; we left.

4 Thank megsss
Chicago, Illinois
“Plz don't bother!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Have been here before and was disappointed, but went again and was even more let down. The rude host that sat us the first time I visited now is serving drinks, and not a good choice personally for such a nice place. Why is the owner the only server? I'm confused by this cheap food that's over priced and "tapas"? Looks nice, highly disappointing.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Carry M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive tapas that aren't tapas.”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

After reading such great reviews I was looking forward to eating here. My husband and parents decided to eat here despite not serving meals anymore and having "gone tapas". How misleading! You can't have tapas and entrees in the same title. It seems that they didn't want to serve real meals so they cut them in half and charge the same price. Generally you can order half a dozen tapas under $10 each. Not so here.
I ordered mashed potatoes for r$5, which came as 3 gum ball sized scoops. My husband got steak medallions. I've seen better meat in a school cafeteria with less scary brown sauce. Overall this was a very disappointing experience but at least it didn't end once I left the restaurant. My mom and I were still having stomach pains in the morning despite having eaten different foods.

• Visited February 2014