“Not worth it” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin
“Not worth it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

This place is run down and unsafe
The pillars holding up the roof are not anchored, if you lean on them they slide.
The electrical wire from supplying the "resort" hangs so low across the yard a toddler can reach up and grab it.
Our room was next to a tattoo parlor.
The sheets in the bed smelled unwashed, there were a lot of bugs in the room and towels were never changed or washed.
all this cost $200/night. NOT WORTH IT.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank wisconsin3348

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
kenosha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

I have stayed at this place 6 times now in the past 3 1/2 years. I guess I would have never come if I had read some of these reviews. I don't know what these people are talking about. I have stayed in about 4 different rooms and they've all been fine. Not fancy or extremely modern, though. A few of the rooms i was in had brand new beds and new carpet. I think that improvementss are being made every year? I have talked to the manager a couple times and she is so, so nice and accomodating. the pool is beautiful and really, really BIG big. It is surrounded by trees and is not near the road like most of the motels on the street. The place has a laid back atmosphere and is pretty casual. It is NOT for stuck-up snobby people (which sounds like some of the reviews are from). I reccomend this place if you are not a high-maintence person.

Room Tip: The "cabins" are cute but very, very tiny. The rooms on the side of the big building are t...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We were booked into this hotel last weekend for Friday and Saturday night, we left on Saturday morning absolutely disgusted at this "Inn and Resort.". For $180 a night, we were basically staying in a cheap, dirty and uncomfortable motel. We had many grievances, however, here are our top 5!

1. This is no Inn and Resort. Trust me, its a cheap Motel, nothing more. There are no in Room amenities such as a coffee maker and the TV has 2, yes, 2 channels......

2. The first room we were put in reeked of cigarettes, the AC didnt work, there was a cigarrete burn in the comforter and one of the bathroom lights was held down with tape because it didn't work. We also were right on the road with a cheap door and a lock we didn't trust.

3. We were put in another room, this one was just as bad! It had a cheap, smelly bed, the ac sounded like a truck and there was no COLD water in the shower. It was basically a very cheap, and dirty little motel room with no sense of being comfortable or safe. However, here is the best thing: There was a blood stain on one of the towels!

4. The POOL! WOW, the POOL is green, no one in their right mind would consider jumping in this pool. I saw two 10 year old girls run to the pool and then run screaming back to their mother after seeing the water.

5. Oh, yes, there is never anyone at reception, you actually have to call them and ask them to come to reception.

Overall, this is a cheap, dirty, run down road motel, except it costs over $150 a night! I would NEVER consider going anywhere near this place again. Anyone who writes a positive review of this cesspit is either an employee or is one of the owners........We want our money back in full.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ollie10s

Travellers are raving about these Lake Geneva hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I enjoyed their pool area but we stayed in one of the cabins if you will. It is the size of a king size bed. There's no room in there, and not to mention it was so hot but it was 95 degrees outside. The air conditioner wasn't working properly. It took me almost 20 minutes to check in since no one was coming and I took my phone out and called them while I was standing at the front desk then someone came, but if I didn't do that I wonder how long I would have been there. I was scared to sleep there, when I left to go to a concert I came back and the bathroom window was wide open. It was like a horror movie, it's not what I'm used to and I won't be returning.

Room Tip: maybe try the hotel not the individual cabins.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jill R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

Ok so here we are! Its roughly 85 -90 degrees outside and the room is about 80 with the pos ac unit runnig full bore and a special fan that we requested to help circulate the hot air... The first room we tried was a "cabin" which is literally a shed... Im not joking the cieling in the "cabin" was "osb particle board". If ur un sure of what that is its the absolute cheapest ply wood money can buy. Plus as you may assume it smelled horrible kinda like a shed! So we asked to be put into the upgraded room which is nicer then the shed! Cob webs and bugs in every corner and a stale disgusting smell all for the " discounted price" of 120$. Id rather sleep in my car. This place is honestly a pathetic excuse for a bed and breakfast and frankly the owner should be ashamed. Never again. Just killed another bug as i crawled on me while lying in this nasty bed

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Bigtimmy12
Rockton, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

Well, where do I begin...... I received a call from the motel a half an hour before check-in to let me know the pool was not working. My mom, sister and I decided that we would stay anyways. When we actually got to the hotel we noticed that the pool couldn't have just stopped working correctly because it was the color/smell of a swamp. They definitely knew the pool wasn't working long before they called. By the way, no one was there to check us in because they only have one person working the desk and she was on break. We had to wait in the car for 20 minutes for someone to get back. I found this to be odd since she had just called me to warn me about the pool, and I told her EXACTLY when we would be checking in. Next, the room is something to be desired....It doesn't look like the pictures, or at least our room didn't. The air wasn't on in the room when we first got there so it smelled musty. The tv was the size of a computer monitor, there was no phone, not even for emergencies. There was no chain/dead bolt on the door, either door for that matter, as we obviously had an adjoining room. Where the other door actually went, who knows. The bathroom was pretty gross as well, as nothing in the room or bathroom was very clean. My sister came running out of the bathroom after her shower yelling "Scorpion". It wasn't a scorpion, but it was a centipede in her towel. Not to mention, we didn't really get a chance to sleep because something was running around in the rafters all night long! It actually sounded as if it was going to burst through the ceiling and land on us at any second.

Needless to say, I would never stay there again. My sister and I wouldn't have stayed even through the night if my mom hadn't driven and refused to leave, we were ready to leave that night.....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelli P
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

The rooms look nothing like the picture. The front of the place is all run down. The pool was very very green! My daughters wanted to leave but every place was already booked. I did not see any park like setting. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family