“Amiable front desk, big rooms, threadbare amenities”
Review of Chateau Royale Inn

Chateau Royale Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Chateau Royale is about 3/4 mile from downtown Lake Geneva, so you avoid the insane traffic jams. Yeah, the place looks like it's from a different era (just like most of Lake Geneva). The amiable Ukrainian gent at the front desk was funny and helpful.

The positives: huge room, firm mattress, hot shower. Negatives: threadbare linens & furniture, no in-room coffee, only one towel rack in a lousy location, blanket was stained, no chain or deadbolt on door.

If they charged $55 a night, I'd go back. But not $95.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cdub333

Reviewed 8 July 2012

This motel is so funny. They have huge plants strewn about in the "lobby". It looks straight out of the 70's. We stayed just to sleep, being that we were there for two concerts so if that's all you need it for fine, otherwise NO.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I needed to cancel my reservation and I was still charged for the stay. I normally don't believe these things would happen to me. The owner wouldn't return my money and I now need to fight with the credit card company to see if they can help. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not go here!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Unfortunately you need to rate this place, and well it gets a 1. During a Memorial Day weekend trip, I booked a room on my card with every intention of staying for one evening. Plans change as they will occasionally and I canceled my reservation in an ample amount time. I fully expected the charge for the room to be refunded to me and this to be just a passing thought....I THINK NOT!!!! Not only was I charged for the night I did not stay, but I was charged for 2 additional nights, when made aware of the situation the hotel stated that they did not charge the card and I needed to provide proof, that the transaction took place. Fair Enough, I followed the steps they outlined and had my bank fax them the required documentation that they requested. Here we are 3 weeks later and the money still has not been refunded. When calling for a follow-up the gentleman at the front desk maliciously accused me of forging the documentation in one breath and denying once again the card was charged. I'm surprised he was able to do that all while yelling at me over the phone. To sum it up, if you don't mind a roller coaster ride with an unprofessional hotel agent, by all means stay; chances are you’re better off in a sleeping bag out in the woods. You'd have more fun.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MFJones623
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Wife and I checked in, 2 minutes we checked out!!! So nasty inches of dust behind the bed/night stand! Bed spread ripped torn in multiple spots. I have only seen stuff like this in movies. Place looks like a prison ward from the outside and not any better in the lobby or the room. If you read this and still stay it's your own fault!

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank TommyMM
Reviewed 3 April 2011

My wife and i booked a room in this place for $120 a night and we didint last 10 mins. The outside looks like from the 60s, it looked dusty and empty. When we entered our "heart shaped bed room" we could smell the dust and when we checked the room there was a thick yellow film in the toilet, it looked like nobody entered the room in quite sometime. Then we told them that we wont stay and they wont charge us.

• Stayed: April 2011
8  Thank southamericandude
Reviewed 12 June 2010

Check out my video. This was our last option, all other hotels were booked. There was a hot chick in the pool, just look beyond the police tape.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends