“Their website is not true.”
Review of Chateau Royale Inn

Chateau Royale Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel is clean but there ar NO coffeemakers in the room there is also no restaurant on premises. Some rooms have a microwave, some rooms have arefrigerator also if you want ice you must go to the desk. Coffee is in the lobby. Website is deceiving. This Inn is not even worth 50.00 a night Never again. This place does not even deserve a rating. Their website is a lie

Room Tip: There isn't a good room
Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mary r

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I accidentally spilt a bottle of water on the carpet and tried to soak it up with a towel, the water must have activated whatever nastiness was lurking in the carpet because what came out on the towel was orange and smelt like vomit. If you do need something good luck, I locked myself out of my room at night once and no one was around. I finally decided to try my I.d to open the door and it worked. Pretty scary considering the front doors are unlocked all night, no one is there I didn't see any security and my room was on the first floor right down the hall from the front desk. And on top of that, anyone can get in my room with a credit card. In the middle of the day the front desk was just as abandoned. About the pool, it was very dark in the pool room. Nice huge pool, unfortunately the pool was dirty and cold. Did not smell of chlorine at all which makes me wonder and there was floating garbage in the pool. And the hot tub, which is still advertised on the sign outside the hotel, was empty. My bf did ask one or the staff people why it is not working and he said insurance reasons. So why are they still advertising it?
Overall, I would not recommend. Little to no security, bad customer service, the decor is very dark, and the rooms are disgusting and so dirty and things are out of service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nina B
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I tried to stay at the Chateau Royale Inn but no one was at the desk to check me in. The smell in the lobby was disgusting so I am glad that I never even got to a room. Even though they say the hotel is smoke free it clearly was not. When trying to get my money back the manager was not accommodating and I had to go through the Better Business Bureau.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paige M
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Absolutely DISGUSTING!! Arrived expecting 3 rooms next to each other. Owner gave away one and refused to admit fault. He reluctantly gave us the suite at the same cost. Once in the rooms we discovered how disgusting these rooms were. 2 rooms reeked of smoke and urine. The windows were open to TRY to air it out. It didn't work. The bed was sunken and there were stains everywhere. Ripped furniture, no soap no clean blankets.
The suite was equally gross. Firstly we were able to pick the lock with a credit card! There were BLOOD stains and many other bodily fluid stains on the comforter! The pillows were SO YELLOW from drool they had to have been 10 years old. The bathroom had watermarks and fingerprints all over the mirror. The faucet to the shower was broken. The ironing board was broken and smashed fingers. When we looked to use the hairdryer we were horrified. It looked as though someone wiped their backside with the cord it was so full of brown.....I don't know what!!

There was NOTHING about this rat's hole that was good. I will never go back and believe it should be shut down.

Room Tip: The 3 we saw were scary!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We also stayed here to attend the Buffett concert at Alpine Valley this past weekend and found the hotel to be what is was; a cheap(er) place to sleep and shower-no more no less. Definately not our first choice, but with nothing else available it was our only choice short of spending much more than we wanted to. Thru reviews we prepared by bringing towels, toiletries, and pillows, items you normally take for granted at hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill R
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We were suppose to stay for a Jimmy Buffet concert in Alpine Valley but once we checked in, we decided not to stay--the musty smell was overpowering and we had two wash clothes and one very threadbare towel for two people. No soap by the sink or in the shower--more basic that a Motel 6.
Wouldn't put our suitcases on the bed. It was a long drive home after the concert but we felt it was worth it to not stay at this motel. I always try to take these reviews with a grain of salt, but wish I had put more faith in them--they knew what they were talking about. The gentlemen that checked us in was very pleasant but when we decided to leave, a different person (the owner?) was very rude--he said we wouldn't be charged but we will see.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank seleewi
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed at the Chateau Royale Inn for one night in order to attend a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party. Oh my goodness, bugs and then more bugs and more bugs. We found out that they are Box Elder Bugs and they are everywhere. OK, I undersantd that you cannot control Mother Nature, but you sure could spray!!!!!! The windows had not been washed in lets say maybe 1 year. The carpet in the suite was dirty, it had burn marks, and just used up marks. It looked like things had been taken out of the Suite and not replaced, like maybe a refrigerator or a microwave. I will say the room was huge and it did have a bath and a half, which was nice, but that is about all I can say nice about the Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
#5 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Chateau Royale Inn? Share your experiences!