“Great Water Park and Hotel!!!”

Timber Ridge Waterpark
Ranked #10 of 43 things to do in Lake Geneva
Yorkville, Illinois
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Water Park and Hotel!!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here in fall of 2012 and had a fantastic time! The waterpark isn't huge but is very nice. We basically stayed in the kiddie pool area and the lazy river which my son absolutley loved. The kiddie area had enough things to do to keep any little and big kid entertained and the zero depth entry is very nice for little ones. They had an activity pool for older kids and a good sized slide and a hot tub somewhere I never did get to. For us staying on a weekend I thought the pool area would be mobbed, but actually it never seemed to be too crowded. The resort had other activites that you could do, being that it was close to halloween they had haunted hay rides and games, bon fires but we found out most cost extra money. There was also a arcade that we stopped into for a brief time but most games are for older kids. We ate at the cafe that over looked the pool area on the first night, good food, but average price for a resort. There are other places to eat at the resort but they are in other areas of the resort. The room was awesome suite with a jaquizzi tub and a fireplace as well. The room also had a kitchen so you can bring your own food to cook. Just basic cooking utensils so don't get all fancy with it. All in all it was a great time and I will be going back one day again.

Visited November 2012

71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“relaxing weekend”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at timber ridge about two other times. the best part is the rooms, fireplace with a full kitchen, great bathroom with huge jazzi tub separate bedroom and living room with pull out couch and that fireplace. there is a little balcany but we never go when it is warm enough to sit out there. love the rooms. food is ok very fast service in restruant and room service. pool is good safe and clean, life guards are great. the only thing that has changed is the activities for kids they used to have something each hour now it is only three for the whole day. they are free which is great. i also miss the cookies and the daily cookie decorating. they have the best cookies there. all in all i would stay there again it is always a great time.

Visited September 2013
Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fun fun”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The water was nice and warm, the slides were great. But i just loved the fact that I could just float around on tube, drinks were a plus

Visited September 2013
Hartland, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“ok family stay”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have visited twice now. The first time we were kept up all night till 5:00 am in the morning because of very loud neighbors in their 20's partying all night long and we couldn't sit on the balcony to relax because their smoke was coming our way, and couldn't keep the door open for fresh air because of the smoke too. I told the front desk and they said their security would check it out, but they never did. I sent an email to the manager, but she did nothing, not even a discount for further stays. She said she was sorry, but oh well. The next time we stayed, it was better. The rooms were nice. Wish they did have an adult pool that was bigger....and the hot tub jets were down the 3 days we were there, and they didn't fix it. They knew the whole time, but acted like they just discovered it every time they were told. My 11 y/o liked it, but my 15 y/o wanted a better pool outside to swim in. We also couldn't get into our room until 4:00 so we had to wait awhile to get into it....and I had a headache, so this wasn't fun. The rooms are clean and like the mini-fridge to bring food.,

Visited August 2013
Kansas City
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice property geared for younger kids”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

For several years, my college friends and I (class of 1993) get together with our families annually for our fantasy football league draft. In the past, we have gone to one of the water parks in the Wisconsin Dells. We decided on a change. Timber Ridge is a very nice property. The rooms are up to date and clean; and all the staff are friendly and attentive. The water park is a little limited in what it has to offer, compared to the Dells' properties. Plus, it is geared more to younger kids, namely 9 and under. The other kids in our group - ages 10-15 - expressed that there was not as much for them to do. Granted, kids in that age group stereotypically complain about anything, but I have known these kids for many years and I took them at their word.

Visited August 2013