“Great choice and we will be back”

Timber Ridge Waterpark
Ranked #10 of 43 things to do in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We took our two grandkids, age 4 and 10 for a weekend. I had noticed the waterpark last year on our way to the Grand Geneva so it was something I wanted to check out. I am so glad we did. My 10 year old granddaughter decided she wants to celebrate her 11th birthday here instead of at the Dells. Our room was spacious with a nice small balcony. The kitchen was more than adequate for us and you could easily bring groceries and eat in your room. We had the treat and retreat package which is definitely a good deal. Oh - and the waterpark!! It was probably not the largest as kids are used to at the Dells, but we all really enjoyed it. There is a great area for small children, a nice lazy river and two fun slides. Plus another larger pool and hot tub. The outside was still closed so couldn't experience that. We had dinner at the restaurant, Smokey's BBQ, and it exceeded our expectations. Our waiter was so nice and attentive to every need. There are a lot of kids activities too. There is also horseback riding nearby. You can also get a late check out for a small fee. We loved it so much that my husband and I will come back by ourselves.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Better than anticipated in some respects and worse in others. Main attraction - watermark- was hit with young kids. Three main complaints are: pool area was freezing once out of water (staff claimed 80 degrees-not possible), towels were in very short supply and lockers rooms needed more regular housekeeping on busy weekend. Rooms were fine - nice to have kitchen available. Was quiet and generally clean. Agree with other reviewers that some common areas needed. attention. Activities ( arcade and craft time) were added bonus for kids. Weather didn't permit skiing or sledding. Will try again - perhaps at different time of year. Less of a resort and more of a waterpark with a hotel.

2  Thank Tara J
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My 9 and 1 year olds loved it. I don't think teenagers would enjoy it as much. It's not a giant place so it's easy to keep track of little ones. We stayed for two nights and used the waterpark 3 days and no one got bored.

1  Thank aegeeg
Reviewed 7 January 2014

so much fun!! 2 slides and large swimming area.
lots for all ages to do. Drinks were a bit pricey, towels were small. but tons of fun!!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed with two grandchildren (ages 10 and 7) the day before Thanksgiving. Spacious rooms with full kitchen made it easy to have dinner and not have to leave the hotel. This was a surprise for the kids and they certainly had a great time. Even my husband and I enjoyed the lazy river and the riding on a raft down the big slide a number of time. (and to think I am NOT a water slide person!) Hot tub was a highlight because it is open to the outside as well. Very interesting to be in warm water while the air temperature was in the 20's, especially at night. Although the kiddie area was not appropriate for our kids it certainly looked inviting for those with younger families. Because of the smaller size of the water park it made it easy to see the kids and for them to find us! Certainly there was enough to do with two big slides, the log and rope challenge, lazy river and hot tub. Throughout the day they show movies on a large tv screen in the activity room. Nice way for the kids to relax after two visits to the pool area. Enjoyed the arcade as well. An extra highlight was a ride over to the Grand Geneva where it was all decked out for the holidays. We found our room to be very clean and were pleased to know it was ready for us upon early arrival. Definitely going here again and bringing their parents next time to join in the fun. Wanted to be sure to mention the pleasant staff - lots of smiles and ever so helpful in answering questions.