“WOW!! Right on the Lake! Butler Service! Hats!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baker House Hotel

Baker House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Dallas
“WOW!! Right on the Lake! Butler Service! Hats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is an historic mansion right on the Lake. They wear hats and period clothing at their very popular restaurant and started offering a few rooms up stairs for overnight guests about 2 years ago. I picked the steam shower vs. the soaking tub and was very impressed. I'd say this is more of an upscale B & B rather than a hotel. A butler greeted me at the door, carried my bags, brought me a cocktail and gave me a tour and filled me on on the history of the place. The rooms are newly restored and very fresh and appointed with antiques. The bathrooms are classic with modern and very upscale plumbing. If you are in this area, stay here instead of at a vanilla hotel. You'll be very glad you did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out over the lake.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank joelinda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Not only was everyone friendly, but the following were AMAZING

-our sheets were beyond soft and smelled beyond clean (nothing has ever smelled so clean)
-heated floors in the bathroom
-mouth watering food (from dessert to a sandwich to brunch) NO IMPERFECTIONS

BUTLER SERVICE (they were heart melting....simply such nice people - Matt and Shannon)

-I have traveled all over the world, but i never knew that paradise would only be 72 miles away from.
- its worth the honeymoon.. everyone MUST GO
- The view is to die for (amazing location, amazing room, amazing food...what more can u want?)

-This is one of those places where you'll have to look for an imperfection...good luck, i didn't find one

Room Tip: Champagne Suite....loved it
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lianacarolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I believe they really cared about us and for us to get the most out of our stay.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Newborn2009
Racine, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband brought me to the Baker House for a suprise overnight getaway. When we arrived we were greated by our butler Jonathan. Jonathan was very helpful and accommodating since I had a broken leg and needed the use of a wheelchair. The Baker House even had a vintage wheelchair that I could use. Our room was absolutely stunning with a wonderful view of Lake Geneva. I would highly recommend the Versailles luxury suite. The suite had an amazing steam shower that I never wanted to get out of. The bed was so comfortable, and the sheets were like silk. In the morning, we were served a delicious breakfast of fruits and croissants. I would like to thank the Baker House staff for their amazing hospitality, especially Jonathan and Bethany. There is not one negative comment that I could make. It was truly the most romantic, peaceful and relaxing place that I have ever stayed at. We will definetely be going back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EMsgm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Champagne suite for a very romantic get-away. I felt like a queen! Each room was decorated to perfection. The bathrooms were beautiful and sparkling clean. The staff was aimed to please and couldn't do enough for us. The food was delicious. I would recommend The Baker House to anyone who would like a special change of pace.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Jywalk
Deerfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

The Baker House transports you back in time to the 1920s and the effect is magical. The hotel is beautiful, mostly original fixtures, floorings, furniture, all restored to pristine condition. The staff dresses the part, and couldn't have been more wonderful. The room we had was the nicest hotel room I've EVER had, AND, we had our own butler! The hospitality is beyond, and the food is great. One of the coolest places we've ever been.

Room Tip: they are all unbelievalbe.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William W
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

My wife and just returned home from a great two-night stay at Baker House. We hadn't been to Lake Geneva in many years, so I checked in with Tripadvisor and found that Baker House was the well-deserved number one place to stay. The B&B is housed in a beautifully restored 19th century mansion on the shores of Lake Geneva and walking distance to town. The owner-host, as well as the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. Each morning a delicious breakfast of hot coffee, juice, assorted fresh fruit and fantastic croissants were delivered to our room. On the second evening we had dinner in their first floor restaurant, which is open to the public. The food was outstanding. They have a great wine list with many available by the glass. All in all, we had a wonderful and relaxing stay and would return in a heartbeat. Note: Baker House opened for business less than a year ago, which partly explains why there are not that many reviews posted. I think another reason is because the owner did not ask, hint or otherwise request us to make a review on Tripadvisor, which at other inns has become an all too common request of us.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple