“Nothing special”
Review of Dan Patch Stables

Dan Patch Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Dan Patch Stables has been operating on the Grand Geneva property for many years. The stables are managed by Kim Krueger and family. Kim worked for the stables while growing up, and is proud to have this family-owned business to share with Dan Patch Stable visitors. Dan Patch Stables prides itself in creating a fun, safe, equine experience for young and old. From pony rides for the kids, to peaceful carriage rides for couples, we are dedicated to providing an experience you'll remember for years to come. Our experienced trail guides are very familiar with our horses and with choosing just the right horse for each rider. Our 45-minute guided trail rides offer a scenic view of hundreds of acres of beautiful Grand Geneva property. Please take a moment to browse our site to see all of the fun we have to offer!
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It could have been more fun. We felt rushed and the ride felt short -45 minutes all together and half of it was walking by the hotel. The horses were sleepy (I guess that means not dangerous for beginners) and the guides were bored. I was bored! Mosquitoes were very bad--wear long pants and bring bug spray. It was expensive for what it was.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very dangerous place. I was severely injured here. They do not offer any safety equipment. Would never take my family here again.

9  Thank Love1997
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My 5yr old daughter had a nice (but brief) pony ride for $8...plus a $5 tip. (there's a sign saying tips are welcome) My 8yr old would've loved a pony ride, but he was too old for that....so he only had the option of a trail ride, which he was too nervous to do (having never been on horses). Would be nice if there were some mid-level options. The petting zoo is pathetic. One sheep, one goat, one donkey, and two pigs. Big let-down there.

4  Thank IAnurse
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I think the trail rides are probably fun, although they sounded a bit pricey. I believe it was $32/person for a 45 minute ride. We purchased a pony ride for our 4 yr old. He had fun, but they just lead the ponies around a pretty small circle 4 times. $2 a lap.....well, ok.

2  Thank TexasDebP
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We just stopped here for a quick pony ride. Kids thought it was fun, but not that impressive. We've been on much better rides before. This one just went in a small circle 3 times.

1  Thank madisonsara