“Nice but not that nice”

Inns Of Geneva National
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the inn for a customer golf outing. The outside of the inn is very nice and very well kept up. The common areas of the houses are also very clean and comfortable. The rooms are modern and clean with the exception of the bathrooms. For what they charge for the rooms($191) I would think the bathrooms would be phenomenal and instead I had a shower head that water barely came out of, peeling wallpaper and a water spot on the ceiling. The faucets light fixture, shower curtain and toilet were all very dated. Overall very clean and nice but for the money I would expect better.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family of 22 recently rented two of the houses at the Inns of Lake Geneva (12 rooms) and we had a great time on the property. The individual rooms are very large and the living space ample. Sound proofing was great. We could have kids down for naps and they could not hear the noise going on outside at all. One of our houses had a proper poker table with chips and the other had a ping pong table. Our two houses had good back yard space for the kids to play, including a creek that was part of the golf course. We had views of the golf course. Each house had a kitchen and outdoor grill. Plenty of parking.

The community pool we could access required a short drive, but was not very busy so we went back more than once. The golfers thought the golf course were great. It was less than a 15 minute drive to down town Lake Geneva.

The most important factor for me on the visit was the great service. Joe and Cynthia were very welcoming and helped us out with whatever we needed. The cleaning staff also did a great job cleaning up, which is a little different then normal house rentals. You get the benefits of a house, with daily maid service!

Only drawback that I would mention is that the bathrooms in my house (did not check the others), were a little outdated. Given the recent remodel of the bedrooms and living space, I would suspect that remodeling the baths in next on their list.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 598cynthiam
Reviewed 2 April 2014

It's still not golf season, but we were meeting friends in the area and after checking many hotels in Lake Geneva, this one seemed to offer more bang for the buck. We were not disappointed. There was only one other room booked in our unit (6 rooms in all), and it was extremely quiet. The rooms are huge! The decor in the room was modern, while the bathrooms were just a tad bit dated (wallpaper). The common area had a nice fire going, but we really didn't hang out there. We called the front desk the morning we were leaving to ask for some ice (for a small ice chest). They delivered it within 10 minutes or less. If you want to use the Wellness Center, ask for a key when you check in. We would love to come back when the weather is warmer, and the golf course is active. These units are actually on Lake Cuomo (well, a bit off the lake - on the golf course).

Room Tip: Main floor rooms could be noisier when the unit is full, since the common area is on that floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carie O
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were very impressed with the quality of the rooms and the service offered to us while we were there. The staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms were as promised. The fact that we could make our own meals was a big factor in choosing this location. The great room is the perfect size for a group of up to 25 people.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The women from my church just spent the weekend at the Inns for the third year. The resort is newly remodeled and will continue to be upgraded - all for the better. Marcus, from the front office, went above and beyond to meet our needs. I give this place a big thumbs up!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joanne J
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Our group has been coming to Inns of Geneva National for the last three years for our annual winter retreat. Even though we have always thoroughly enjoyed our stay, this last trip really impressed me. A recent redecorating has blown me away with how beautiful they have made the place. New carpeting, furniture, fresh paint, clean modern bedding, and new TV's have updated the inn and from what I am told, even more updates are being planned in the near future. The rooms are cozy, roomy and clean and the grounds are serene and peaceful. Markus from registration was friendly, informative and willing to help with whatever we needed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I booked the Inns of Geneva National for a getaway for New Years Eve. The first staff member that I spoke with was awesome. He helped me get the best deal possible and was very detailed oriented in helping me. He returned my phone calls and was on top of it. The second staff member I talked to was not quite as on top of it. He was actually quite bad at returning phone calls and emails, which is why I can't give 5 rating. I wanted confirmation on a few things, and Michael was just not responsive. He truly was the only bad part of this stay. Once I did receive confirmation from someone else, I was passed on to my personal concierge for our visit. Jessica was extremely helpful and quick to respond to any of my questions. The Inns offer a variety of resources even in the winter.

Now for the real meat of the awesome visit:

When we arrived, the area is just beautiful. We stopped at a local pub because our check in wasn't until 4. I called right before we sat down and was told the Inn was available. The downtown area was absolutely beautiful and quaint. Check in was a breeze. The Inn was absolutely gorgeous. It was even more than any of us could have hoped for. Every room was spotless, and decorated and perfect. I really cannot express how simple and easy everything was for our large group. The staff was friendly while we were there and truly this place was exactly what we wanted. Space was huge, TVs and fireplace worked perfectly. It truly met our needs. I fully intend on returning in the future!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends