“Great stay for families”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at Timber Ridge October 4-6 as part of a Groupon Getaway and found our room (#308) to be clean and comfortable with a nice view of the barn and horse pasture. Our 3 year old slept on the sleeper sofa and we had plenty of room for our baby's pack-n-play. There were pen marks on the end tables and in the hotel directory (as noted in previous reviews) and some normal wear and tear in the hallways, but we expected that at a hotel that caters to families and children. We found the staff to be extremely kind and caring, especially with the kids. Our daughter slipped more than once on the wet pavement inside the waterpark and the lifeguards were immediately at her side inquiring if she was okay, even checking back 10 minutes later. We were a bit late to storytime and the cookies were gone, but a friendly staff member went behind the scenes and brought one out for our daughter. Also saw staff placing "Happy Birthday" signs on room doors, which probably made birthday boys/girls happy.

The BBQ restaurant is small, so I imagine it fills up quickly during peak lunch/dinner hours. When we visited, it was later at night and pretty empty. Our server was fantastic and we found the food quite tasty and reasonably priced. If you're expecting a 4-star dining experience, head up to the Grand Geneva. This place was just fine for a family meal after an exhausting day in the water park.

As for the water park, its probably better suited for the younger kids, not teenagers. Our 3 year old had a ball. Best part was the lazy river had 2-person inner tubes with "bottoms" so the little kids could sit and not fall through. Water and air weren't too cold, so the kids didn't come out shivering. Lifeguards were attentive - always appreciate that.

The animals and horses were fun to visit. Lots of activities for the kids - some free, some additional charge.

Overall, a nice stay for our family. Thanks to the staff for making our visit so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that overlook the horse pasture
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

kkic04~ Thank you for your detailed review and the nice comments regarding my staff. I am glad the suite worked out well for your young family. Many would agree that our waterpark is geared towards younger children, which is a benefit to those families who feel comfortable in a smaller environment. I hope that you will come back and visit us again soon! ~ Gerald

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We adore Timber Ridge! It is perfect for our children's ages (4 & 6) and they just love it. I just brought my in-laws as well and they were really impressed by it. The rooms are always very clean, and the staff from the front desk to the waterpark and everyone in between are super friendly. Its nice that its not too far away and that we can spend quality time as a family. We go often to enjoy the waterpark, but now we can't wait to try skiing this winter as well. Ski during the day and do the waterpark in early evening! I recommend Timber Ridge to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Briannag123~ Thank you for your awesome review of Timber Ridge Lodge! I appreciate you taking the time to recognize my amazing staff and I will share your comments with them. I love it when families can get away and spend quality time together. Thanks for the recommendations! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. ~ Gerald

Reviewed 14 October 2013

To start with, the staff at the Timber Ridge Resort is caring and compassionate to say the least! Unfortunately, due to my busy work schedule, I was forced to join my families Columbus day weekend getaway already in progress and I also wasn't able to be there for them after a minor car accident en-route to the resort. Upon arriving at the resort and inquiring as to how my family's day had been going, the guest relations staff took great pride in not only welcoming them to the resort but also in caring about their mishap along the way! The front desk manager sent popcorn and cookies for the children and a bottle of champagne for the adults as a gesture of sympathy for our car accident on the way to the resort! This resort was in no way involved with our family's mishap, but still took the time to ensure the rest of our weekend was enjoyable!

The Hotel itself is what I would call "ULTRA-FAMILY FRIENDLY". Rooms are clean, comfortable and well-equipped to handle families of all sizes! From a large whirlpool tub in many bathrooms to a full scale kitchen for cooking the casual dinner or breakfast.

The water park is good for all ages, but most attractions are good for the younger children.

Many activities are planned throughout the day for children as well, however, the hotel seems to plan a nightly movie night complete with popcorn and a story time with milk and cookies for younger children!

All in all, the visit couldn't have been better, minus the minor accident on the way of course. The hotel is super functional for families and has an incredibly professional staff who are all friendly and caring in the same! I would highly recommend this resort for all families with small children, especially for quick weekend getaways!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Mjlhou~ Thank you for your kind review. I am so sorry to hear that your family had an accident on their way to the resort. I am happy that everyone was ok and that they were able to enjoy their stay. We truly care about each and every one of our guests and I am happy that we were able to turn your family's mishap into an enjoyable weekend for everyone. I hope that you will come back and visit again soon! ~ Gerald

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This is a great place to take kids, and the fact that the rooms have full kitchens is awesome because it saves you the cost of food! Also the front desk staff it awesome, we walked into our room and the microwave wasnt working. They immediately got us a new room, 4 doors down brought the keys to us and helped us move our items and apoligized for it happening. They handled it great! We will definatly be going back, can't wait!

1  Thank shalynn h

Shalynn~ Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Timber Ridge Lodge. I am sorry the microwave in your suite wasn’t working but I am happy it was resolved quickly by our front desk team. I will share your positive comments with them. It sounds like the suite worked out perfectly for your family. I am delighted that you will be coming back to see us again soon! ~ Gerald

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We took our two 5 yr old grandchildren on a surprise trip this past weekend. All of us had a wonderful time! As my granddaughter said, "this room is amazing!". Everything was clean and comfortable and everyone on staff was friendly and attentive. This was our second trip and it won't be our last!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

MiMiMarj~ Thank you for your review. How wonderful of you to surprise your grandchildren with a trip to Timber Ridge Lodge! I am happy that you were able to spend quality time with them I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. ~ Gerald

Reviewed 26 September 2013

After a stressful week of teaching, I needed a fun girls weekend. We didn't want to drive all the way to the Dells again, and I am VERY glad we chose to stay close to home. The condo was simply amazing and everyone was very pleasant and friendly. We took advantage of the pools and enjoyed window shopping and playing in downtown Lake Geneva. There was a little something for everyone at this resort and we tried to take advantage of all of it. Loved, loved, loved the adults-only hot tub and enjoyed a refreshing turn around the lazy river. All-in-all, an excellent and relaxing girls weekend away from home!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room away from the loading dock, but all the rooms are incredibly spacious!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Danielle K ~ Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so happy you had such a relaxing girls getaway at Timber Ridge Lodge. Between the shopping, hot tub and lazy river it sounds like your stressful week was a distant memory by the time you left to head home. I hope that you will come back and visit us the next time you need a relaxing break! ~ Gerald

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We love going there but this time was really special, we didn't tell the staff it was my daughters birthday but some how they found out and really made her feel special.

It is always clean and well run with great employees.

We will keep going for many more years.

Room Tip: I like the balcony view personally.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Janice W ~ Thank you for your kind review. I am happy we were able to celebrate your daughter’s birthday with her. It is our goal to make sure each of our guests know how important they are to us and I am glad we were able to make her feel special during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to Timber Ridge Lodge for many years to come. ~ Gerald