“Wonderful!”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I took our son and daughter-in-law and two young boys, aged 4 and 6, and our grandson, a college student, age 20. We had a great time! The kids AND the adults enjoyed the water park. There's fun for all ages. And, with the snack bar right there, you can spend the whole day! The 4-year old is autistic and simply didn't want to come out of the water at closing time! We had two one-bedroom suites which were clean and comfortable! The staff was friendly and very competent. (I ordered extra pillows and had them within 5 minutes!) We ate at Smokeys several times during our 5-day stay and the food was wonderful! The entire Lake Geneva area and nearby Delavan is a beautiful and relaxing place. The location of Timber Ridge is great as it is very near downtown and the lake. We did an excursion on the large boat to see the lake. We also went fishing on Lake Geneva and the catch was NOT disappointing. I recommend this place highly!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor the last time we were there. This time we were on the third floor with...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kevin K, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Shirley P~ I love to read reviews from families who come to Timber Ridge Lodge to spend quality time together. It certainly sounds like you had a fabulous time. I thank you for your positive comments about the waterpark, Smokey’s restaurant, and picturesque Lake Geneva. I appreciate the recommendation and hope that you will come and visit again soon. ~ Kevin

There are newer reviews for Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was ok, but for what it costs, their one bedroom suite has a strange layout that makes it feel narrow and cramped. I felt separated from our kids in our separate bedroom. The rooms were very clean and the staff very accommodating though.

And I'm much less impressed with Lake Geneva in general - it's a very overcrowded and money grubbing little town.

Room Tip: Get a much better deal in another hotel in the area with an outdoor pool, and just go to the waterpa...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

TeranceScerine~ I am sorry to read that you were not impressed with your stay at Timber Ridge Lodge or the Lake Geneva area in general. Our suites are designed to give families the comforts of home such as a kitchen, dining room, living room and private bedroom area. Most of our guests enjoy the spaciousness of them. I am sorry you did not have the same impression. ~ Kevin

Room Tip Response: Moose Mountain Falls waterpark is only open to guests staying at Timber Ridge. We are not open to the public.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights in a suite, which was very comfortable. The room was a little dry, but that would be my only real complaint. Lots of great amenities and the water park is great fun. Close proximity to Grand Geneva means easy dinner at the Chophouse which is phenomenal! Easy drive to downtown LG. I'd go back for more nights next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dpvirgilio~ Thank you for sharing of your stay at Timber Ridge Lodge. We look forward to seeing you again soon. ~ Kevin

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice hotel, fun water park, well-run prize-based games arcade, limited on-premise food. Plenty of organized activities for younger kids (under 10?), and the arcade and the water park kept our 10 and 11 year olds VERY happy.

The best part of this place is the water park. It certainly is smaller than a big Dells-type outdoor park, but for a hotel park it is spacious, very clean, and very well supervised. I was thrilled not to have to worry about the kids getting lost or into trouble. The lazy river is enjoyable for both kids and adults, the kiddie pool area had plenty of smiling toddlers, and the two large water slides (one for tubes, one for self-slide) were FAST and FUN! Tip: remove your glasses if you wear them before going on the yellow slide! There are some smaller slides for younger kids too and a 3 net water basketball area that our boys loved using. Us adults enjoyed the tables, (especially the ones with GFCI power outlets nearby!), the indoor/outdoor hot tub, and some time on the outdoor pool decks when the sun was out. They also have an concession in the pool area that had adult and kids beverages and food (pizza, hotdogs, etc.) which was nice. Lockers are available for a quarter if you want to lock up your room key/wallet/purse/etc.

We stayed three days / two nights and tried the only sit-down restaurant (Smokey's Bar-B-Que) twice: the breakfast was serviced attentively and the food was wonderful! The dinner service was abysmal - missing menus, slow service and some over cooked items. However, they were very willing to bend over backwards to try to make things right - just not sure if I would eat there other than breakfast again. The good news is that you are very close to downtown Lake Geneva, so daytime excursions into town for lake activities, shopping, and food were easy and fun additions to the weekend.

Rooms had a full refrigerator and freezer and a full sized stove along with other standard kitchen items. We used the fridge to store not only our leftovers, but cold juice and soda for the kids and half-and-half for our coffee. Speaking of coffee, although you do get a nice full-pot coffee maker in the room, the only other coffee to be found in the mornings is $2.50 for a large cup in the local hotel store. Probably not unusual for a family resort, but can be a bit of a surprise for a business traveler who expects that typically to be free in the lobby during the early morning.

TV has a HDMI input, so we tried attaching to stream NetFlix movies onto the bigger screen. The video worked fine, but the free WiFi signal was too choppy to handle streaming video. We did not try the premium WiFi service, opting instead for Nick and Cartoon Network on the free in-hotel cable :)

We did not have a chance to sample any of the other Grand Geneva resort facilities, but nevertheless had a great time and would gladly book here again.

Room Tip: Talk to their reservations desk to ensure the deal is still available, but we booked and paid in adv...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Kevin K, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

AsylumDEG~ Thank you for your detailed review. I am so happy that you had a great time during your recent stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. ~ Kevin

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel a few hours before checkin and our rooms were not ready. After spending some time at the playground, we returned to wait in the lobby. Our rooms not ready yet. A member of the staff noticed we had three infants in our group and she pushed our room up the list and were cleaned promptly. Nice customer service by the staff.

We got two 1- bedroom suites with joining doors. The suites were clean and very spacious. The staff also brought us three pack and play cribs for our infants.

The BBQ restaurant was ok. We ordered food for pick up. All of our meals were on the cold side. The staff forgot a few items in our order but brought them to our room. When we return, we will try to sit down at the restaurant and see how that goes.

The water park was perfect. We had infants who loved splashing in the kiddie pool. The adults in our group enjoyed the water slides and lazy river. The slides were fast but not horrifying.

All in all a great stay and we will return. Oh, if you arrive early on the day of checkin, stop at the front desk and checkin early even if your rooms are not ready. They will give you your passes for the water park so you can you use it right away. There are lockers available for .50 and showers. Also, on your last day, you can use the water park after you check out. Also, you have access to all the facilities on the Grand Geneva Resort property.

Stayed: August 2014

Steven R~ I was delighted to see the title of your review. I am always thrilled when I read that guests look forward to returning to Timber Ridge Lodge. I am happy that we were able to expedite your check in to get you and your toddlers into your room to relax. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. ~ Kevin

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was our first away-vacation with our 9 yr. old granddaughter. A newly minted deep-water swimmer, she was thrilled to have so much to do in the water. The well-guarded Lazy River and slides that snake down from the indoor facility's high ceilings provided plenty of fun for all of us during our 2 full days at Timber Ridge last week. The outdoor pools were appropriate for various ages, but one pool did need to be evacuated and "purified" at least once each day during our stay because of recurring toddler accidents.

We also enjoyed the horseback riding at the on-site Dan Patch Stables. The horses were gentle and sure-footed on our 45 minute walk through a woodland trail, and the staff there was great at matching the horse to the rider's abilities.

If I could have rated the water park and lodge separately, I would have given lower marks to the accommodations.We took a 2-bedroom suite for the 3 of us, and our granddaughter stayed in the upstairs loft bedroom. I thoroughly agree with another reviewer, who pointed out that despite a ceiling fan in the upstairs bedroom, it is virtually impossible to cool the upstairs enough to sleeping temperature with the thermostat on the lower level.The living area became extremely cold, while the upstairs just barely cooled down. Fortunately, the master bedroom on the main floor has it's own control. If that thermostat could control the entire main floor, and the upstairs had its own system, the temperatures might have been more evenly distributed. The dining area, although having 6 chairs, is extremely narrow, and I doubt that 6 active people would find these units roomy enough.

The on site restaurant offerings are limited. Because we are vegetarians, we brought a lot of breakfast and lunch food with us to stock the very functional kitchen. We brought dinners in both nights, once from the in-house grill, and the second time from the Grand Geneva resort nearby. Grand Geneva, although an affiliated property, does not deliver, so it was necessary to pick up the meal once ordered, from their restaurant, which is about a half mile down the road. We didn't mind this, but did mind having to go back again to retrieve 3 missing items from our order. Both meals, once gathered, were pretty good.

Finally, our accommodations needed updating and repairs. We had maintenance in to replace our dvd player and to fix 2 electrical outlets. While everyone was very nice, we did not appreciate being called before 9 the first morning of our stay to check on whether that would be a good time to fix the outlets. It is also time for new bedding. While everything was clean, the pillows were "unforgiving." Also had to call housekeeping for more dishwashing liquid and some coffee filters, items which should have been checked and replaced before we arrived.

But, all in all we enjoyed ourselves--none of the above criticisms were enough to spoil the joy of our first away-trip with our granddaughter.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the pool are quieter.
1  Thank Lee499

Lee499~ Thank you for your detailed review. I am happy that you were able to getaway for some quality time with your 9 year old granddaughter. In the busy world we live in, sometimes it is hard to take the time to spend with our families. Our apology for the “toddler accidents” that existed; we do our very best when these incidents occur to get everything back up and running as safely and quickly as we can. I am sorry that the loft was too warm. We do provide fans complimentary to our guests to assist with the air circulation in our two bedroom units during the summer months. Please accept my deepest apology for the early morning follow up call from our engineering department. I will review this procedure with my team. Your feedback is very valuable to me and I appreciate your comments both positive and negative. Thank you again for choosing Timber Ridge Lodge and I hope you will consider us again in the future. ~ Kevin

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We met here for a family reunion, 27 people, ages 2-92. Everyone had a wonderful weekend. The water park area was the main gathering place. Very clean, easy to see the kids, food and drinks available. The pools and water park were extremely well life guarded and controlled for safety. Our rooms had everything we needed and were clean and up to date. The staff was wonderful to work with, friendly and informative. Such a good time, we plan to return soon.

1  Thank FamNFriends

FamNFriends~ I was delighted to read that your family of 27 chose Timber Ridge Lodge for their annual family reunion. I am happy that everything met and hopefully exceeded your expectations. We certainly have enough to do on property for everyone ages 2 – 92 to enjoy. I am glad that you will return soon and I look forward to welcoming you back. ~ Kevin