“Awesome first time stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Chicago
“Awesome first time stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

My family and I had a great time - the pool is great! I was very impressed with the childrens' programs (ie. playground games, story time). The staff was very courteous and the rooms were very spacious. I would definitely return to Timber Ridge.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank windycitypal

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

Just returned from a three night stay at the TimberRidge in Lake Geneva. We were traveling with three children, 13,10 and 3. Not at all impressed with hotel. It is a glorified Motel 6. We found the common areas (carpets and waterpark) to be filthy. So surprised that this is considered the sister property of the Grand Geneva. Our only saving grace on this trip is that we had access to the Grand Geneva pools, fitness center, restaurants, and saunas. We would never stay at the TimberRidge again. Our rate at TimberRidge was $109 a night - run to the Grand Geneva and happily pay $189 a night. It is worth every penny.

Racine, Wi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

The grounds are beautiful. The suite was nice enough except the love seat was torn and stained in the living room area. I loved how the cleaning crew came in and cleaned the kitchen - they actually loaded and started the dishwasher. My one complaint would be that the hallway and lobby carpets are really stained. It is a turn-off. The elevator is sort of shabby as well. The water park was great for the kids!

Round Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

I was in a two bedroom condo with four adults (including myself) and two small children. The property has a lot of ammenities and is very clean. My kids loved the pools and I enjoyed how close everything is to each other and indoors.

There is a semi-full kitchen, missing a stove, however, there is a microwave, range, and dishwasher. I've stayed @ Glacier Canyon Lodge in a two bedroom condo there, and that condo felt bigger. The living room and kitchen was wider. All those suites are on one floor. The Timer Ridge Lodge had a duplex design to it. Perhaps that's why it felt smaller, probably the same square footage or similar. The rooms were clean, and the cleaning staff very accomodating.

We weren't impressed with the restaurant choices in the hotel, however, do consider that you do have access to the Grand Geneva resteraunts and also some of its ammenities, the spa was nice, I fell asleep at the pool. You do need to drive there or take a bus.

One important thing about the pool, it did not have a harsh chlorine smell. I've been to two indoor water parks and I find that most of them have an overwhelming chlorine/chemically smell. When pulling up to our room, I missed the lettered door closest to the room and drove to the back of the hotel, I immediately noticed how big the venting system is, probably helped with this potential problem.

The property is about a 10 minute drive to downtown Lake Geneva, really convenient. I would certainly go back, especially if I can find a weekend deal.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank moogie14a
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

The resort is PERFECT! The staff, environment, et al makes you feel right at home in every way...prices are very reasonable...the park is just right with a good mix of young to older kids..and also some thrills for the parents or adults. We have gone back now a few times...and will continue to go back as long as they keep up the wonderful service! Would love to experience the golf of the area also...have not done that as of yet!

1 Thank BigDog13
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

We went for a 2 day/1 night stay. The lobby was ok but the minute you walk down the halls you feel like you are in a college dormitory. The carpet is dirty and stained, The elevator was dreary and dirty. It felt more like a motel than a nice hotel. The room amenities were good ie refrigerator, dishwasher, dishes, glasses and by good I mean it was nice they were there. I don't think I'd use them though. The remote control did not work. While the room accomodated a family of 4, living room and separate bedroom, it was dreary, narrow and unimpressive visually. Some wrote of nice oversized tubs, we were not as fortunate. We must have had a handcapped accessible shower only, no tub. Not even a soap holder in the shower. Shower itself seemed dirty and gross. It was unfortunate that our room was apparantly next to the dumpster where at 10:00 pm a garbage truck came to pick up the garbage. This was loud and disruptful.

As far as the waterpark, it was ok. My kids aged 6 and 3 enjoyed it. We were there the afternoon we arrived and the next morning and I found that any more time would have been boring. While it wasn't tiny, it also wasn't that big. The "swim" areas available were very small. Yes there was basketball but the area in the pool was small and couldn't accomodate many. The outside kiddie pool was good for toddlers. The outside pool for older children was long, narrow and small. What bothered me the most was how discolored the bottom of the pool and walls of the pool were. They almost had a greenish, brownish discoloration throughout the lazy river and pool which seemed to be not cleaned well at all.

The game room/arcade room was nice. The staff was nice and the games were fun for my kids. There was a nice variety of prizes to choose from. The restaurant was fair we had a great meal over at the Grand Geneva though.

Overall, my kids had a good time but I was disappointed with the upkeep and cleanliness of the hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

This was an affordable overnight trip that provided family fun for everyone !

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family