“Great Time”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Zion, Illinois
“Great Time”
Reviewed 19 November 2009

We held a High School church retreat for 12 teenagers and 4 adults. The suites were wonderful and comfortable. The water park was enjoyable by all! The staff in the Moose Mountain Falls went out of their way to make our experience easy and care free.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Lakeviewchurch

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
oswego
Reviewed 7 November 2009

My husband and I bring our two sons, ages three and five at this time every year.We choose to come at this time because this is Mom's (my) favorite time of the year . I love the drive up to Wisconsin, looking at the pretty fall foillage.
Timberridge Lodge is our favorite waterpark out of all the parks we have gone to in the last years. We absolutely love staying in your beautiful condo suites. They are so clean and well maintained.
The waterpark for the kids is is really good., with a lazy river and two enclosed slides, plus a a kiddie area.

1 Thank flosterOswego
Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 November 2009

We really enjoy the rooms at Timber Ridge, they are comfortable and cozy. We love to curl up on the couch in front of the fire place and enjoy the "home-like" feeling of the kitchen and dining area. Timber Ridge is close to our home, making it a very convenient trip. The entire family has a blast in the waterpark and we can't wait to go again!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank alicia5461
Illinois
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I was able to get a discount on a weekend rate by calling them after finding a cheaper rate through priceline, and not booking through their website. The reservationist said the rate she gave me was the correct rate, but the website had not been updated. They probably would have charged me the higher rate if I had booked online, so I'm glad I called and from now on I always will.

This is our 2nd time here (the first time being 4 years ago). I think the place is starting to run down a little. There is no fitness center anymore and they couldn't even replace the signs by the elevators, they blacked it out with a black sharpie. The vending machines only have pop machines and no other snacks. (not a huge deal, as I didn't use it, but I thought it was a little cheapy.)

Smokey's BBQ is a nice small restaurant but really not much to choose from and our waitress in the evening messed up. She forgot to bring our appetizer and got both my kids' orders wrong. She got them a slice of pizza downstairs while they waited for the regular pizzas to cook, so that was nice. In the end we got 10% off our bill. Breakfast was fine. It is a nice atmosphere.

The waterpark was nice and no complaints about that. We went in October and it was not crowded at all. The only thing is that I wish it was closer to the downtown area.

The rooms were fine, but it got so hot in the bedroom that I had to put the electronic card in, in order to turn on the air conditioning, which in turn, turned on light by the door which I couldn't turn off. My husband was sleeping on the couch, but the light didn't bother him he said. Also, thank god for those little latches on the door, because my 3 year old got up in the middle of the night, unlocked the door and opened it! She's never done that before and I don't know why she did that! Dreaming and sleep walking??

All in all, the place is nice for the money you spend.

Huntley, Il
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We took advantage of the "School to Pool and Pizza Too" on a Friday night. My son invited friends for his 13th birthday party. We had a great time swimming and had 2 adjoined suites that we had for pizza, cake and etc. We only live 40 minutes from Timberlodge so it was a great opportunity! The boys had a fabulous time on the water slides, lazy river, playing basketball, and the hot tubs. My husband and I took our other 2 children and a friend along. It is a very safe place for the kids to be. They had a great time in the arcade as well. My daughter has already said she wants to have her birthday party there!!

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank Zoey009
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed 8 October 2009

My children (8, 10, 12) still love this place and we have been coming here for years. I love the "day tripper" option. We have a room from 11:00am-11:00pm and the use of the water park for five people. My kids love the arcade and we always order dinner from Smokey's. The front desk people are very helpful and make us feel right at home. My daughter and I went to the farm and rode horses for 45 minutes as a little treat. I wish we could have tried the haunted hayride and experienced the bonfire, but the weather was not great. I would highly recommend this place to anyone with children. They even have an activity room with movies and we stayed for a family BINGO time during our most recent visit. We are sure to return in the near future!

1 Thank my3kidsSchaumburg
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We recently spent a weekend at the Timber RIdge Lodge in Lake Geneva. This wonderful fun filled Lodge was just beautiful. It does have a water park for children, even though we were not traveling with children. The facility does allow you access to the Grand Geneva and has a trolley to take you there. We were able to watch the sun set by the outdoor fireplace at the Grand Geneva and it was just gorgeous. We highly recommend this very versatile Lodge to both families and couples.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple