“Staying at the Grand Geneva is an incredible experience”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
kdp53188
“Staying at the Grand Geneva is an incredible experience”
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I have been going to the Grand Geneva for the last 3 years for a conference, and I have to say that every year it has been the same- incredible. The staff are great- the rooms are comfortable, spacious, and clean. We stay in the 2 bedroom suites- it sleeps 6 comfortably- has a full kitchen, 2 full bathrooms, direct TV and plenty of space. The view from this years room was the horse farm next door, with the mist rising in the morning- it was beautiful. And the unique thing about going to the Grand Geneva in November is that the hotel is decorated for the upcoming holidays, and it is beautiful and whimsical. I am already registered for next years conference- the Grand Geneva is an incredible place- so much to do- the spa and excercise area, the indoor waterpark, the grounds and the walking trails, the restaurants and the shops inside the hotel. The staff are just the greatest- they are always cheerful, helpful and accomodating. I definitely recommend the Grand Geneva for a getaway experience- what ever the occassion, what ever the time of year.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 20 November 2009

We were looking for a little get-away, but not too far from home, where my 6yr old son could have some fun. A hotel with an indoor waterpark seemed like the perfect answer. I checked out a few different local options (Elmhurst, Gurnee, etc.), but I really heard a lot of mixed reviews....even on Trip Advisor. I finally spoke with a friend who recommended Timber Ridge Lodge in Lake Geneva that was only about 30 mins past Great America. It was no coincidence that this website already had wonderful, consistent things to say about it! So, I called to make our reservation and off we went. By the way, the customer service representative I spoke with - Debra - she was awesome and gave me so much helpful info (i.e. directions to the hotel, where to find the Wal-mart, etc.)

The rooms are VERY generously sized and have a full kitchen area. Lots of room to spread out, bring in your own food, etc. Everything was spotless and all the essential kitchen supplies were provided. The staff was so helpful - they explained the different onsite activities available and told us about the free trolley to the Grand Geneva resort. They had a very helpful itinerary for the week, as well.

I was extremely impressed by the waterpark itself for 2 big reasons: #1 SAFETY - awesome lifeguards always walking around to monitor the water areas, #2 CLEAN - as with the rooms, everything from the water iteself to the innertubes were so well maintained. There is a great toddler area, cool water slides, and relaxing hot tubs. There were plenty of tables & chairs available and they provide towels, too.

Overall, my son had a blast and keeps asking when we're going back. We will definitely be a repeat visitor to Timber Ridge during the cold winter months when everyone needs a little pick-me-up!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lorac915
Zion, Illinois
Reviewed 19 November 2009

We held a High School church retreat for 12 teenagers and 4 adults. The suites were wonderful and comfortable. The water park was enjoyable by all! The staff in the Moose Mountain Falls went out of their way to make our experience easy and care free.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Lakeviewchurch
oswego
Reviewed 7 November 2009

My husband and I bring our two sons, ages three and five at this time every year.We choose to come at this time because this is Mom's (my) favorite time of the year . I love the drive up to Wisconsin, looking at the pretty fall foillage.
Timberridge Lodge is our favorite waterpark out of all the parks we have gone to in the last years. We absolutely love staying in your beautiful condo suites. They are so clean and well maintained.
The waterpark for the kids is is really good., with a lazy river and two enclosed slides, plus a a kiddie area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank flosterOswego
Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 November 2009

We really enjoy the rooms at Timber Ridge, they are comfortable and cozy. We love to curl up on the couch in front of the fire place and enjoy the "home-like" feeling of the kitchen and dining area. Timber Ridge is close to our home, making it a very convenient trip. The entire family has a blast in the waterpark and we can't wait to go again!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank alicia5461
Illinois
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I was able to get a discount on a weekend rate by calling them after finding a cheaper rate through priceline, and not booking through their website. The reservationist said the rate she gave me was the correct rate, but the website had not been updated. They probably would have charged me the higher rate if I had booked online, so I'm glad I called and from now on I always will.

This is our 2nd time here (the first time being 4 years ago). I think the place is starting to run down a little. There is no fitness center anymore and they couldn't even replace the signs by the elevators, they blacked it out with a black sharpie. The vending machines only have pop machines and no other snacks. (not a huge deal, as I didn't use it, but I thought it was a little cheapy.)

Smokey's BBQ is a nice small restaurant but really not much to choose from and our waitress in the evening messed up. She forgot to bring our appetizer and got both my kids' orders wrong. She got them a slice of pizza downstairs while they waited for the regular pizzas to cook, so that was nice. In the end we got 10% off our bill. Breakfast was fine. It is a nice atmosphere.

The waterpark was nice and no complaints about that. We went in October and it was not crowded at all. The only thing is that I wish it was closer to the downtown area.

The rooms were fine, but it got so hot in the bedroom that I had to put the electronic card in, in order to turn on the air conditioning, which in turn, turned on light by the door which I couldn't turn off. My husband was sleeping on the couch, but the light didn't bother him he said. Also, thank god for those little latches on the door, because my 3 year old got up in the middle of the night, unlocked the door and opened it! She's never done that before and I don't know why she did that! Dreaming and sleep walking??

All in all, the place is nice for the money you spend.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Huntley, Il
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We took advantage of the "School to Pool and Pizza Too" on a Friday night. My son invited friends for his 13th birthday party. We had a great time swimming and had 2 adjoined suites that we had for pizza, cake and etc. We only live 40 minutes from Timberlodge so it was a great opportunity! The boys had a fabulous time on the water slides, lazy river, playing basketball, and the hot tubs. My husband and I took our other 2 children and a friend along. It is a very safe place for the kids to be. They had a great time in the arcade as well. My daughter has already said she wants to have her birthday party there!!

• Stayed October 2009