“Loved it!!! We will return!”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 10 December 2009

Super fabulous resort for small children! Our children are 1 and 4, so we were looking for a resort with a water park that was not too huge, not too crowded, with not too many teenagers running around. Timber Ridge was perfect!

Room: Our room was a standard one bedroom room. It was such a big room, perfect for letting little ones stretch out. Dining table seated 6, full kitchen (minus oven), large bathroom with HUGE hot tub. All four of us fit in that thing! My kids are still talking about the "huge tub". Seperate master bedroom with t.v., closet, and own heat and air. The sofa in the living room pulled out, which is what our kids slept on. That area also had a fire place and large tv. The patio was very nice (bottom floor) with chairs for relaxing. We faced a nice forest area. There was a second large closet off the kitchen as well.

Water Park: It was perfect for us. Again, our kids are 1.5 and 4. There were two actual tube water slides, one that both are kids were allowed on with parents. It was fast enough to thrill my 4 year old but not so fast that my 1.5 year old was scared. There was a "toddler" area with two decent sized water slides (not tube slides) that my 4 year old loved! Both kids were able to handle those slides without help from mom or dad. There was another area with a large pool (4 foot deep) with a large slide that the kids could do by themselves, but we needed to catch them as the water was over the heads (the water park does provide free life jackets in several sizes that were great). There was basketball hoops and floating pads and net in that pool. There was a lazy river that was VERY lazy. It was fine for our kids, but it was pretty slow, nothing rough at all. There was also a very large hot tub that was indoor / outdoor (kids over 5 according to sign). We did take our 4 year old in it, she loved being outside in the cold weather in a hot tub! There is a food area in the park with typical "fast food" items. What we most appreciated was the WARM AIR and WARM WATER. Our girls are skinny and freeze at most indoor water parks, but this place was super warm, it had huge heater lamps hanging from the ceiling. The water was also warm, I am not a fan of jumping into a pool due to water temp., but I had no problem here b/c the water was so warm. The park was very uncrowded when we were there, maybe 20 other kids in the park at a time.

Other: We also appreciated that this resort is obviously geared toward keeping kids and parents happy. ALL staff, down to cleaning staff, were super friendly, helpful, always smiling. The resort also had a arcade that was affordable with tickets and prizes to choose from. There was a "movie room" with big pillows and bean bags on the floor. There were usually 2 movies during the day and 1 at night. We participated in family bingo, great kid prizes and great fun. There was story reading at night by the fire place.

This was a great resort for small children. The room is almost worth the price even if there was no water park! We'll go again for sure!

1  Thank KAGMama

Reviewed 10 December 2009

We stumbled upon this indoor water resort as we toured the amazing Christmas lights/decor displayed along the Grand Geneva driveway. We promptly got a room w/o having a reservation. We got a great value=our package for 4 included the hotel suite, 2 days water park access, plus free breakfast, for $169 w/o tax. The hotel room was actually a suite, with a large kitchenette, dining room area, fireplace, separate bedroom, & whirlpool tub! Perfect for families & long stay. Pull out sofa bed needs better mattress.

1  Thank bluehorse926
Reviewed 10 December 2009

We will be coming back to Timber Ridge! It has everything you need right there! The front desk area was beautifully decorated, the rooms are small apartments, a huge bathroom (my son has never taken so many baths) with a jacuzzi tub, a nice kitchen.. stocked with all the things I had forgotten to complete a Thanksgiving dinner, a warm fire place and a deck with a beautiful view. Check in was a breeze! They gave you all your wristbands for the waterpark right away along with a daily agenda. I also like the Hungry Moose. We were able to get snacks and even adult drinks so my husband and I could relax too!

1  Thank Iliketotravel09
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I have been going to the Grand Geneva for the last 3 years for a conference, and I have to say that every year it has been the same- incredible. The staff are great- the rooms are comfortable, spacious, and clean. We stay in the 2 bedroom suites- it sleeps 6 comfortably- has a full kitchen, 2 full bathrooms, direct TV and plenty of space. The view from this years room was the horse farm next door, with the mist rising in the morning- it was beautiful. And the unique thing about going to the Grand Geneva in November is that the hotel is decorated for the upcoming holidays, and it is beautiful and whimsical. I am already registered for next years conference- the Grand Geneva is an incredible place- so much to do- the spa and excercise area, the indoor waterpark, the grounds and the walking trails, the restaurants and the shops inside the hotel. The staff are just the greatest- they are always cheerful, helpful and accomodating. I definitely recommend the Grand Geneva for a getaway experience- what ever the occassion, what ever the time of year.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2009

We were looking for a little get-away, but not too far from home, where my 6yr old son could have some fun. A hotel with an indoor waterpark seemed like the perfect answer. I checked out a few different local options (Elmhurst, Gurnee, etc.), but I really heard a lot of mixed reviews....even on Trip Advisor. I finally spoke with a friend who recommended Timber Ridge Lodge in Lake Geneva that was only about 30 mins past Great America. It was no coincidence that this website already had wonderful, consistent things to say about it! So, I called to make our reservation and off we went. By the way, the customer service representative I spoke with - Debra - she was awesome and gave me so much helpful info (i.e. directions to the hotel, where to find the Wal-mart, etc.)

The rooms are VERY generously sized and have a full kitchen area. Lots of room to spread out, bring in your own food, etc. Everything was spotless and all the essential kitchen supplies were provided. The staff was so helpful - they explained the different onsite activities available and told us about the free trolley to the Grand Geneva resort. They had a very helpful itinerary for the week, as well.

I was extremely impressed by the waterpark itself for 2 big reasons: #1 SAFETY - awesome lifeguards always walking around to monitor the water areas, #2 CLEAN - as with the rooms, everything from the water iteself to the innertubes were so well maintained. There is a great toddler area, cool water slides, and relaxing hot tubs. There were plenty of tables & chairs available and they provide towels, too.

Overall, my son had a blast and keeps asking when we're going back. We will definitely be a repeat visitor to Timber Ridge during the cold winter months when everyone needs a little pick-me-up!!

1  Thank lorac915
Reviewed 19 November 2009

We held a High School church retreat for 12 teenagers and 4 adults. The suites were wonderful and comfortable. The water park was enjoyable by all! The staff in the Moose Mountain Falls went out of their way to make our experience easy and care free.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Lakeviewchurch
Reviewed 7 November 2009

My husband and I bring our two sons, ages three and five at this time every year.We choose to come at this time because this is Mom's (my) favorite time of the year . I love the drive up to Wisconsin, looking at the pretty fall foillage.
Timberridge Lodge is our favorite waterpark out of all the parks we have gone to in the last years. We absolutely love staying in your beautiful condo suites. They are so clean and well maintained.
The waterpark for the kids is is really good., with a lazy river and two enclosed slides, plus a a kiddie area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family