“Scrapbooking Get-Away”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Woodridge, Illinois
“Scrapbooking Get-Away”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have been going to Mill Creek for a few years now to have a scrapbooking get-away with friends. We book two suites and the conference room. We are able to set up our scrapbooking supplies and not have to worry about putting things away until it is time to leave. Our suites were across the hall and met all of our expectations. They were clean and the kitchen was well stocked with the things we needed for our stay. The location was perfect as we were able to walk to restaurants and shopping and take early morning walks along the lake. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. The breakfast room was comfortable and there was a nice selection of breakfast items available. I would recommend Mill Creek to anyone planning a trip to Lake Geneva.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review.
It is good to hear that you and your friends always have a great scrapbooking getaway at Mill Creek Hotel. Our meeting room is small, so it is nice to hear how our guests find creative ways to use it.
It is also great to hear compliments about our Hotel, Location, and our Staff. Thanks again.
We are looking forward to your next visit and hope that it is very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My sister and I just shared a wonderful week at the Mill Creek Hotel in Lake Geneva... it is a quiet, lovely place. Our room on the third floor had a nice view of the park and creek; the unit was spotless and well equipped. We received great rate special and will certainly return. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We had a gold room on the third floor....it was perfect.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank happytraveler66_12
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay.
Thank you so much for your kind review!
It is great to hear such nice compliments about our suites and staff.
We look forward to your next visit and sincerely hope that it is very soon!
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this hotel for my boyfriends birthday hoping for a nice romantic getaway. We stayed there in September of 2013. The location is great! Unfortunately that will be the only positive point in this review.
The suite was a disappointment. The living room is a decent size and the kitchen has everything you need but the bedroom is quite tiny. Everything is outdated- the painting, the furniture, the window coverings. I felt like I am in my grandmother's house. This place needs a huge makeover. But for a weekend I can live with this décor and pretend I like it. What I couldn't get over was the overall cleanliness. A lot of the surfaces weren't dusted in a while. I went in the patio to check the view and maybe to have a glass of wine only to discover that I can't seat on the chair because everything around it was covered with spider nets. I found more spiders in the bathroom, some of them dead- in the sink and in the hot tub as well. It looked like no person have been there for a decade. I tried to distract myself and not ruined our weekend and that was the only reason not to call the front desk. I just didn't want our weekend to start in the wrong foot. Needless to say, our weekend was not as pleasant as I planned. I felt like my gift to him wasn't good enough and that totally destroyed my attitude!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lilith808
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Loved Mill Creek, Stayed in the third floor Platinum suite. Very comfortable, clean, suite looked just like the pictures. Nice having a kitchen, got up in the am and enjoyed my coffee on our deck. Staff very friendly and accomodating. Walk across the street and you enjoy the beautiful lake, ride one of the tour boats to see all the homes built by the "Chicago famous"" during the turn of the century. We parked our car in the covered lot and never had to got inot it until we left 4 days later...walked evrywhere. Try the lake walk, we did not make. the 21 miles around but very different to walk through the big mansions back yards.

Room Tip: Be aware lake side/creek side are the best...you don't really have a full view of the lake but i...
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
It sound like you had a fantastic stay.
We are happy that you took advantage of our excellent location and were able to park your car and walk all over downtown Lake Geneva.
We hope that you will visit us again very soon.
Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Mill Creek Hotel for a quick getaway to celebrate the 39th anniversary of our first date! Very clean, comfortable, roomy, homelike feeling. Perfect location to water, shops & restaurants, great view, very friendly staff. Will be back & stay longer next time! Thank You!

Room Tip: We had a corner suite with a view of the lake; loved the balcony
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your excellent review.
What a wonderful way to celebrate an anniversary with a getaway!
We love our ideal location, too.
We are so happy that we were able to make you feel comfortable and enhance your stay in small ways. We look forward to your next visit with us and hope that it is very soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I got an excellent rate at this Lake Geneva Hotel. Not really knowing what to expect I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was nice, the room was clean, and you really can't ask for a better location, walking distance to everything!
We stayed one night for my husbands birthday. We just needed a little "us" time and this was a gift from me. We ate at the bagel place down the street for breakfast which was very good and we had Sprecher's for drinks (great bloody mary's) and Popeye's for dinner, which is always delicious and a fun place to eat.
I only have 2 negative things to say and in the long run they were insignificant. 1) The foyer of the hotel is outdated and cramped leaving a worried feeling when we first arrived. Thankfully the room did not match the foyer and was clean and not cramped at all. 2) The TV in our room was never clear. There was always static and distortion on it. No biggie since we didn't really watch much TV as we stayed only one night and had things to do.
Over all a great stay and I would recommend it and also return!
Thank you!

Amanda

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MissMaeD
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your nice review. We are happy that you enjoyed your getaway to Lake Geneva.
We realize that our "lobby area" is quite small, but we're glad we make up for it in the size of our suites. I apologize for an issue with the television, even though you weren't that interested in television we always want our guests to have everything in good working order. I hope you brought it to the attention on guest services and it was attended to.
We sincerely hope that you will visit us again very soon, We look forward to seeing you!
Summit, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Mill Creek Hotel for a short getaway. Originally I had booked a Silver Suite but when we arrived, we learned we had been bumped up to a Gold Suite at no additional charge to us! The suite itself was amazing and we had an amazing stay there enjoying the fireplace and falling asleep to the birds chirping outside our window! Mary, the front desk reception when we arrived, was extremely nice and a pleasure to talk with. She gave us many great idea to eat and see! Our hotel was a short walk across the street to see the lake and everything was within walking distance for us! We would definitely recommend this place to our friends and family!!

Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you had a delightful stay.
We are so glad that you enjoyed your suite and that we were able to contribute positively to your getaway. We hope that you will visit again soon. We look forward to it!