“nice enough”
Review of Mill Creek Hotel

Mill Creek Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Mill Creek bills itself as a luxury accomodation. It isn't. It is decent. It was very clean and the staff was super friendly; but the decor is dated and somewhat worn. Carpets all appear new, but the furniture in the condo we stayed in (303) was needing replaement; particularly the sofa sleeper that had places worn thru on the cushions and a mattress that was very inadequate for sleeping. The cushions on the small balcony furniture were nasty looking to the point that even my 14 year old son didnt' want to sit in them. The jetted tub just looked old with the shower curtain all around it. The swimming pool is truly the size of a postage stamp. Legs couldn't stretch out in the hot tub If we were to vist Lake Geneva again, we would try a different spot; even though the location was great (everything in walking distance) the value wasn't fabulous for the state of the place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hinkgen

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Really nice place. Used to be condos so spacious and well equipped. Clean. Very well located to everything in downtown Lake Geneva. Some rooms have lake view, others have a nice view of park and creek. Would stay there again for sure. And really liked having fridge, fireplace, etc. Deducting star for a little outdatedness of hall areas and an air conditioner that couldn't decide whether or not to turn off. Nothing major. Nice place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your nice review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our fantastic location.
I apologize for the air conditioner controls, I hope someone was able to assist you with that during your stay.
We are continually making updates to the hotel during the non-peak season, so we hope you make a return visit very soon and will notice something new.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I took my Mom to Lake Geneva (from Chicago) for her birthday and we had a great mother-daughter overnight. The hotel rooms are actually condos so you have a full kitchen, dining area, living room (with gas fireplace), separate bedroom with a king size bed, and a private balcony with 2 chairs and a table. Also, the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom is enormous! The staff is very friendly and greeted my mom with a "Happy Birthday!" because I had put that in the notes when booking. I also asked for a top floor room when booking and they accommodated that. The room itself was nicely appointed and met all of our expectations. Our Gold Suite overlooked the nature preserve and creek and was very peaceful. We spent a couple of hours sitting on the balcony listening to the creek, watching cardinals, swallows, robins, a squirrel build a nest, and chipmunks eat berries from the high branches. We also enjoyed seeing the nesting cliff swallows in the garage. Very cute. When we checked out the staff was very nice again and gave us each a Mill Creek reusable shopping bag. We did the Lake Shore Path from the Riviera to Big Foot State Park before leaving (about 4-5 miles round trip) and it was wonderful! We really wished we had booked a longer trip! I also recommend eating at Sprecher's Restaurant & Pub, which is literally like 100 feet away. We had lunch and dinner there. Great food, nice patio with lake views, and a nice inside dining area too.

Room Tip: We had a Gold Suite on the 3rd floor. Great views of the creek and nature preserve. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie H

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
We are happy that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our location and all the nature that surrounds our property.
It is so nice to know that our staff was welcoming and friendly.
We look forward to your next visit and hope that you can make it a longer one, and that it is very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have been going to Mill Creek for a few years now to have a scrapbooking get-away with friends. We book two suites and the conference room. We are able to set up our scrapbooking supplies and not have to worry about putting things away until it is time to leave. Our suites were across the hall and met all of our expectations. They were clean and the kitchen was well stocked with the things we needed for our stay. The location was perfect as we were able to walk to restaurants and shopping and take early morning walks along the lake. The staff was very accomodating and helpful. The breakfast room was comfortable and there was a nice selection of breakfast items available. I would recommend Mill Creek to anyone planning a trip to Lake Geneva.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Mary O, Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review.
It is good to hear that you and your friends always have a great scrapbooking getaway at Mill Creek Hotel. Our meeting room is small, so it is nice to hear how our guests find creative ways to use it.
It is also great to hear compliments about our Hotel, Location, and our Staff. Thanks again.
We are looking forward to your next visit and hope that it is very soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My sister and I just shared a wonderful week at the Mill Creek Hotel in Lake Geneva... it is a quiet, lovely place. Our room on the third floor had a nice view of the park and creek; the unit was spotless and well equipped. We received great rate special and will certainly return. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We had a gold room on the third floor....it was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank happytraveler66_12

We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay.
Thank you so much for your kind review!
It is great to hear such nice compliments about our suites and staff.
We look forward to your next visit and sincerely hope that it is very soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this hotel for my boyfriends birthday hoping for a nice romantic getaway. We stayed there in September of 2013. The location is great! Unfortunately that will be the only positive point in this review.
The suite was a disappointment. The living room is a decent size and the kitchen has everything you need but the bedroom is quite tiny. Everything is outdated- the painting, the furniture, the window coverings. I felt like I am in my grandmother's house. This place needs a huge makeover. But for a weekend I can live with this décor and pretend I like it. What I couldn't get over was the overall cleanliness. A lot of the surfaces weren't dusted in a while. I went in the patio to check the view and maybe to have a glass of wine only to discover that I can't seat on the chair because everything around it was covered with spider nets. I found more spiders in the bathroom, some of them dead- in the sink and in the hot tub as well. It looked like no person have been there for a decade. I tried to distract myself and not ruined our weekend and that was the only reason not to call the front desk. I just didn't want our weekend to start in the wrong foot. Needless to say, our weekend was not as pleasant as I planned. I felt like my gift to him wasn't good enough and that totally destroyed my attitude!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lilith808
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Loved Mill Creek, Stayed in the third floor Platinum suite. Very comfortable, clean, suite looked just like the pictures. Nice having a kitchen, got up in the am and enjoyed my coffee on our deck. Staff very friendly and accomodating. Walk across the street and you enjoy the beautiful lake, ride one of the tour boats to see all the homes built by the "Chicago famous"" during the turn of the century. We parked our car in the covered lot and never had to got inot it until we left 4 days later...walked evrywhere. Try the lake walk, we did not make. the 21 miles around but very different to walk through the big mansions back yards.

Room Tip: Be aware lake side/creek side are the best...you don't really have a full view of the lake but i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
It sound like you had a fantastic stay.
We are happy that you took advantage of our excellent location and were able to park your car and walk all over downtown Lake Geneva.
We hope that you will visit us again very soon.