“Great Hotel and staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Hotel and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed one night with 3 of my girlfriends for a ladies weekend, it was great! The hotel staff and the hotel itself were awesome. The room was spacious (1 bedroom) and it was nicely decorated and looked out onto Lake Geneva. Since there was 4 of us, we were going to use the sleeper sofa, it WAS NOT comfortable at all, then again are there any that are? Thankfully I had brought an airbed and that worked out fine. At check in I was given a buy one get one free drink from the bar, this was a nice perk. We esp liked and enjoyed the continental breakfast that was delivered to our door in a nice basket with bagels, muffins, fruit cups, oatmeal, orange juice and all the condiments to go with. We did have to go down to the front desk for coffee, the in room one was too small for 4 very sleepy ladies! The location of the hotel is very ideal, it faces the lake and the opposite side is near a park. PLenty of restaurants, bars and shopping are near as well. Though we didnt use it, the jet tub was super nice to have in a bathroom. The few very minor things that I could see needed replacing and or updating were the bathroom fixtures and of course a more comfortable pull out bed! Other than those things, it was superb! I would stay here again and def. recommend to a friend or family member. In fact were already talking about our next ladies weekend and booking here!!

Room Tip: their website states that the one bedrooms are all facing the park in the back, however our one bedr...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mary B
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Dear Mary B. -

It's great to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Galena, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

My wife and I were attending a July 29, 2011 Friday wedding in Lake Geneva. Due to other commitments we could only stay one night before having to return home after the wedding reception. We decided to arrive in town on the 28th, stay in a hotel near the local attractions, and go directly to the wedding the next day. I read the Tripadvisor reviews, and the majority gave this hotel good ratings. It had been some time since we had been to Lake Geneva, and much had changed over the years. I wanted to be certain we picked a very good hotel.We were quite pleased with our choice.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The two room suite, #310, if I remember correctly, was clean and comfortable. It overlooked the parking lot so we could see our vehicle, which was a plus. Most importantly, since the temperature was in the 90s, our side of the hotel was in the shade as it faced east. The west side of the hotel overlooks the lake, which offers a great view. However, on a sunny afternoon with the temp in the 90s I do not see how guests can keep their shades open without the west facing rooms turning into pizza ovens, even with the drapes closed. The hotel amenities are very good as we checked out everything. We just didn't have time to use them. "Downtown" Lake Geneva is an easy ten minute walk, so you are close to everything. We liked the late checkout time as it allowed us to dress for the wedding at the last minute and go directly to it the ceremony. We also appreciated the breakfast of juice and muffins left by our door in the morning and the card for two free drinks in the bar. We will stay here again when we return to Lake Geneva.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenneth S
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, 20 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your short time with us. We can't wait to have you back again, hopefully you get to stay a few days this time! We have some great winter getaway specials available on our website, if your planning a trip soon!
los angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I decided to take a 2 day break at Lake Geneva. I was able to purchase a Groupon for our stay at the Bella Vista Suites, which included a Parkview room and 2 drinks at the bar each day. Lake Geneva is very quiet in October. The weather was cool and crisp. Our room was clean and everything was in excellent condition. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot and park. The room was very warm, so we turned off the heat and opened the window. The king size bed was comfortable, but it was a tight fit in the bedroom. The breakfast basket included instant oatmeal, bagels, a muffin, juice and canned fruit and was more than sufficient. The best thing about the Bella Vista Suites is its location right at the Lake and walking distance to downtown. We would definitely stay here again if we visit the area again.

1 Thank grmmybtty
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience! It's wonderful to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us. We can't wait to have you back - be sure to check our website featuring new winter specials and packages!
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Bella Vista hotel in October to celebrate our anniversary. We were upgraded to another room with a full kitchen. Overall our room was really nice. The view could have been better, but we weren't there for the view. The bed could have had better sheets on it and the AC wasn't working as well as it should have been. But we stayed for one night so we survived. We thoroughly enjoyed taking advantage of our 2 for 1 drink tickets and enjoyed a few glasses of wine outside on the patio looking over the lake at sunset. It was stunning! The town is just down the street so not too far from the hotel. The Baker House restaurant is attached to the hotel which was fantastic. We just walked through the hotel and enjoyed a wonderful meal.
The next morning breakfast was delivered to our room in a cute basket which consisted of oatmeal, muffins, condiments, fruit cups, and orange juice. I really like when hotels included breakfast. This breakfast was perfect.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a lakefront view. They are better than the park view.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It's been a beautiful fall at the lake. I'll be sure to follow up to ensure that the sheets and A/C which you mentioned could have been better are addressed and up to par. It's important to our team that we are consistently meeting our guests' expectations. Thank you for your review and we can't wait to see you next time your visit Lake Geneva.
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

My husband and I just returned from Bella Vista Suites this morning. We had a parkside facing room on the 3rd floor. The room was nice, however they feel a bit tight and small. Granted we were not in the room much. The basket of food left outside the door in the morning was nice, there was orange juice, bagels, a muffin and some fruit. Downside there was not a knife to spead the butter or a fork to eat the fruit with (it was a fruit cup).
The spa- neither of us was pleased with the massages that we had. The "spa" is 2 treatment rooms at the back end of the bar. I did not enjoy the massage I had at all and was really disappointed in it. It seemed to me that the woman didn't really know what she was doing. At one point she just held my head for about 5 minutes, I felt like she was killing time (it was at the end of the massage). I actually left there with a headache. Not exactly was I was expecting!
We went to the bar for our buy one get one drinks before going to dinner. The "piano bar" overlooks the lake and appparently was having entertainment later on that night. When we came back from dinner around 10:30 the bar was closed and the doors were locked. It was 10:30 on a Friday night! It was rather disappointing because we probably would have had another drink before we went back to the room.
The pool is nice, we sat in the hot tub for a bit before heading to bed. Even though the sign says the pool is closed at 11, the door was unlocked so we went anyways!
Overall Bella Vista Suites was nice, maybe a little too pricey for the off-season (we paid 160 for Friday night on Hotels.com) but we would probably return if there was a good offer on a room. Next time we would skip the spa though!

Room Tip: I am sure the rooms facing the lake are beautiful, we faced the parking lot and a park.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and do apologize that you found your suite without flatware. Each suite is to have a set of flatware for 4 in the cabinet above the wet bar along with glasses and plates. I will check with housekeeping and ensure that each suite is stocked accordingly. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your spa services. I will be sure to pass your feedback on to our spa team to ensure that all of our guests are getting the level of service they expect. I would also like to apologize that you found the bar closed upon your return from dinner. On the rare occasion that we do not have any traffic in the lounge for an extended length of time we will close after the entertainment is finished. We have many specials for folks who would like to visit Lake Geneva in the fall and winter months, we hope that you will give us another try the next time your in the area.
peoria, il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

The pros.
My husband surprised me with a weekend at Bella Vista Suites for our anniversary. The room was very nice, spacious and clean. The surprise breakfast basket outside our door was a nice treat as was the bottle of champange waiting for us. We did a couples massage in the spa and it was very nice. They took good care of us. He had a carriage ride scheduled thru town. It was ok - not great but it was ok.

The cons.
Everywhere you go in the hotel there are signs advertising their "piano bar". Part of the reason my husband booked the hotel was because of the piano bar. He's been to a few in the past and thought it would be fun to go with me. This is not a piano bar... this is a keyboard bar. The entertainment for the weekend was bad, cheesy, cruise ship-like entertainment. She sang a song and then flipped thru her song book for 5 minutes trying to find what she wanted to sing next. I think I heard 3 Bette Midler songs repeated throughout most of it. Don't get me wrong, she was somewhat entertaining, but nothing that would warrant the advertising. I will say that there was an older crowd in the bar Saturday night that seemed to know/enjoy the music. Friday night was a younger (30's) group and she couldn't hold anyone's attention. Advertise it as a lounge with entertainment on weekends and you'll do fine. Don't advertise it as a piano bar because it doesn't even come close to that.

Overall it was a good stay. We would go back and plan our entertainment for elsewhere. We did have an issue at checkout with our bill. My husband had prepaid most of the charges and then they wanted to charge him again so make sure you check your bill as opposed to just leaving your keys in the room like at many hotels.

Room Tip: We were on level 3 facing the lake and it was beautiful.... if it is more expensive for the room wit...
1 Thank MNGirlinIL
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your lakeview suite, spa services, and complimentary breakfast. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the entertainment over Sweetest Day weekend. Our lounge normally features a pianist on Friday nights and an acoustic performer on Saturday nights; however on special event weekends we try to branch out a bit. We understand that with this specific event it was either a love or a hate as far as feedback from our guests. We hope that you will give the lounge another try in the future; our entertainment schedule is posted under events on our website as well as on our Facebook page if you’re curious what is scheduled for future dates. Thanks again for your feedback!
Gunnison Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Just returned from a week at the Bella Vista. The room over looking the lake was wonderful, bed was comfortable and it was very clean. Enjoyed having a small kitchen facility and a great balcony to enjoy the views. We will stay here again when we return to Wisconsin!

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a lake side room....well worth it if you plan to spend anytime enjoying the view...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
We are so glad to here that you enjoyed your week with us here at the Bella Vista Suites. It sure is shaping up to be a wonderful fall and the views of the fall colors at the lake are a perfect setting to relax and enjoy as you did! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Lake Geneva!