Bella Vista Suites
Geneva Inn(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$236
Mill Creek Hotel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$172
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$168
The Ridge Hotel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$147
Groupon.com
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva East(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$118
ComfortSuites
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$157
US$201
US$178
Maxwell Mansion(Lake Geneva)
US$204
Baker House Hotel(Lake Geneva)
US$436
Geneva Wells Motel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
All reviewspresidential suitehimalayan saltview of the lakeprivate pierhot tubwedding weekendrestaurants and barsbeautiful hoteldowntown areawonderful stayfull kitchenthe room was nicetake advantageking bedheartlandbalconykoi
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My wife and I were unable to go on our honeymoon right after we got married so we thought it would be nice to get away for a night to celebrate. We chose Bella Vista because of the location and affordability. Not much is going on in Lake Geneva at the beginning of April so the hotel was kind of dead. The rooms were very nice and spacious. There was nothing spectacular about the rest of the hotel, just average or slightly above. I was a little put off that we were coming up to celebrate our marriage, and I told them that, and the hotel charged me an extra $50 to have a bottle of champagne, chocolates, and rose petals in the room when we arrived. I would have thought they could have done something nice for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My wife I drove up from IL last minute for a little break before the mayhem of the holidays really set in. The hotel’s location is ideal, just across the street from the lake, and a few walking blocks away from Lake Geneva’s downtown area.

Outside, the staff had done a very nice job decorating the building for the holidays.
Inside, the atrium and fountain were nice and the rooms/suites were clean and very good-sized. Happily, the bed was comfortable too. We enjoyed our stay so much, we intend to return later in the year and possibly make the pre-holiday trip and annual tradition.

Tip: definitely splurge for the Lake View room. The Park View does overlook a park, but also overlooks the parking lot, dumpster and other less-than-exciting landmarks.

Room Tip: Choose the Lake View rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2012

This hotel is average. Other than it's location which is convenient to downtown Lake Geneva there is absolutely nothing special about this place. Certainly not the staff and their service is reflected in the score. On two seperate occassions I found them to be arrogant, condscending and rude. The rooms are fine and served the purpose when I stayed at Bella Vista but by no means are they luxury or even exceptional; no matter what price you may be expected to pay. If you are looking for a place to crash for a night after a wedding or event in Lake Geneva this place is perfect. If you are looking for a nice hotel to base your vacation around keep looking.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Jacob V
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight getaway. It is a small place but quaint. Our check in was quick and room was ready before 4:00, the actual check-in time. Perfect location...within walking to everything!! Our room was nice...again small but fine for 2 people for an overnighter!! We had a "park view" room...really you look at the parking lot with the park behind it, again not an issue for us seeing we were not there to sit on our balcony and hang out since it was cold :) The bartender gave us some recommendations for dinner...which we took her up on Medusa's and it was lovely!!! The bed in our room was GREAT!! Slept like a log :) All in all I would stay here again just based on location alone!!

Room Tip: If you like to sit out on the balcony I would ask for a Lake View room!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2012

As I was researching TA reviews for another Lake Geneva hotel I noted some of the recent reviews for the Bella Vista Suites, and thought I should level-set just a bit. Headlines such as "Best hotel we stayed in for a long time" grabbed my attention...
My wife and I spent a night in a Lakeview King May 5th and paid $254.
First the good -
> Wonderful lake view
> Location is great - close enough to walk to everything (Downtown shopping and dining, Lake Path, Boat Tours)
> Room and Bed were comfortable

The not so good -
> View from the room was great, but the fact that the group in the room adjacent to us chose to use the Balcony as their personal "Smoking and Drinking Lounge" prevented us from enjoying this feature, as well as forcing us to keep our door and windows closed. A privacy wall may have been a good idea on the balcony as the only separation from the next room over is a short wrought iron railing. Where they were sitting was literally right outside our bedroom window.
> So, with relaxing on the balcony out of the question we decided we would go down and use the Pool and Hot Tub. First stop Hot Tub - looked okay until we turned on the jets and several large hair-balls shot out of the jets...On to the Pool - we never did go in the pool after noting a large dark patch of something unidentifiable in a corner. We spent less than 5 minutes total in the Pool / Hot Tub area. On the way back up to our room we stopped at the Front Desk to report our "findings" in the basement - we were told that Maintenance would check into the Hot Tub (little bit too late), and we were "assured" that the dark stuff we saw in the Pool was just rust patches (not reassuring).
> Price - $254 for a room during the off-season? I travel very frequently, stay in a large number of hotels, and without a doubt I have stayed in places as good as Bella Vista Suites (or better) for about half the cost. It was a definite "splurge" as we only live 45 minutes away, but not one we will indulge in again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple