“Lost and Found!!”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Chicago, Illinois
“Lost and Found!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed at the Bella Vista Suites for a surprise birthday party. They could not have been sweeter!! The cute girl that checked us in, Athenia was professional and helpful. They upgraded my room...which was nice...but the real reason for this review is this:
I went to the hot tub with my girlfrend in the afternoon, and put my jewerly in the pocket of my big fluffy robe that the Bella Vista supplies. After the hot tub, I went back to my room and got ready to go out. Got up the next morning and checked out. At 4 in the afternoon, it dawned on me that my jewelery was still in my robe at the hotel. That's where Ted & Ramon come in. After me calling in a panic...Ted was hopeful that he would find it. He enlisted Ramon to help, and find the jewerly they did. Those 2 went through every white fluffy robe pocket until they found it!! Now that is service. Thank you SO very much!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kelley65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

The location is great with a lakeside view. Outstanding. Close to downtown and the lake. My room had been recently renovated and was done beautifully. Clean and the staff was helpful. EVen without a restaurant on the premises the coupon with a choice of restaurants for breakfast was enjoyable. Wel ook forward to our next stay.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank proberts5853
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was really rather surprised with the Bella Vista. The room was very nice and updated even though it is an older property. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was not the most proactive in meeting your needs as to best places to eat or even how the phone worked in the room. But I could really look past that and I would definitely stay there again. Went there in February so we got a really good rate!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moe7218
Silvis, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Our room was exceptionally clean and spacious. The well appointed suites offered very comfortable accommodations and the beds were so comfortable. We truly felt right at home. From the friendly and helpful staff to the ambiance of the hotel, we couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotels. It was conveniently located where it was easy to get to the downtown stores and restaurants. We will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends!

Room Tip: Woodland suites are great!! They have a full kitchen.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JudyP651
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My husband and I had the chance to escape from the children for a romantic two night getaway...we chose the Bella Vista because of its gorgeous decor and proximity to all the amenities that Lake Geneva has to offer. We were soooo pleased with our choice!!! The Bella Vista is a high end establishment with gorgeous rooms and facilities. The pool was wonderful and the hot tub was exquisite!!! We enjoyed the workout room for an early morning warm up before heading out to the easy access right to our walk around the Lake. AWESOME place - will definitely return with the kids!!!

Room Tip: Corner wuites are large and sunny!!! Gorgeous with a full kitchen!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cazfam5
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My husband, 2 kids and myself stayed at Bella Vista suites on a Saturday night in March as we had a birthday party nearby and did not want to drive. We were impressed by the suite which included a true separate bedroom with TV and plenty of storage, living area with a sleeper sofa, chair, TV and desk and a nice bathroom. Also there was a mni-fridge, coffee maker and microwave. Two fluffy robes were in the closet for our use. Our suite had a balcony overlooking the lake off the bedroom. The bed was very comfortable and my kids even said the sleeper sofa was very comfortable and they usually complain about those. We used the pool on Sunday morning and had it to ourselves as Lake Geneva doesn't get so many visitors that time of year. Check in and out was friendly and efficient and the location was great. Our kids asked when can we go back and stay there again. We would definately go back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn_from_WI
Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed here for girl's weekend recently. Park view room overlooks parking lot but it was crappy outside anyhow. The room was spacious and had a fridge that was nice for keeping our wine and snacks cold. Bed comfy and soundproof. We were able to walk to dinner and bars, which was convenient. We did use the breakfast vouchers both mornings. The harbor house was very average food, but cheap and it is pretty hard to screw up eggs and toast, The Baker House brunch was amazing! Would recommend this hotel, I bet the Lake View would be great in summer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends