“Can't Get Much Better in Lake Geneva...”
Review of Bella Vista Suites

Bella Vista Suites
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 3 September 2008

My wife surprised me with this trip. I haven't spent much time in Lake Geneva, and this was our first time staying overnight. The location is perfect, as it's right off the lake. We checked in and the staff was friendly. I noticed that the hotel seemed pretty quiet (if someone was looking for a lighter crowd in the beginning of May). The bed and bathroom were strengths. We had plenty of space in our suite and it was capped off by a patio on the 3rd floor that overlooked the lake across the street. My wife informed me that it was a little expensive, but it is also probably top 2 or 3 hotels in the town, as most of the competition are beds and breakfasts.

We enjoyed our time here and would come again if the price was right.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank playmaker16

Reviewed 2 September 2008

My husband and I wanted a little getaway after he returned from Iraq. Our suite was lovely. The location was great--the view was nice and would have been really fantastic in a warmer season. The service was exceptional from reservations through check-out. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingMarj
Reviewed 6 July 2008

This hotel is ok--surroundings are nice, but nothing out of the ordinary. It is very overpriced for what you get. Indoor pool and that wasn't too inviting in the summer. Location is good and its strongest selling point.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 July 2008

My husband and I came to the hotel for our 10th anniversary and had an absolutely amazing time. My husband wanted to surprise me and set it all up with a carriage ride and massages in our suite! We had a lovely room with a jacuzzi and a beautiful view of the lake. We were pleasantly surpised to find a bottle of champange for the staff to congratulate us on our anniversary. It was a very nice touch!!! The staff was so helpful, they recommended Medusa's for dinner and set up the reservations and the girl at the desk even remembered our names. They made our stay memorable. Thank You!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2008

Rooms are very, very standard for the inflated prices. We justified paying a little extra for the location - convenient to Main St. and we like walking everywhere - a lake view, hot tub and fireplace. If you don't care about location, I'd suggest booking elsewhere. Guest service was lacking - no one cares, it seems -and there is just no compelling reason to pay extra to stay here.

Good: Location, lake view, fireplace, hot tub, continental breakfast brought to your door with newspaper, very nice lobby and atrium. Rooms are standard but nice.

Bad: Continental breakfast not that great. No newspaper on our 2nd day. "Complimentary guest basket" mentioned on their website drew blank stares from check-in person. Maid service lacking - had to beg for fresh towels. No extras to speak of - even water is $2.50. Could not open curtains without it falling off rod. Stained carpet and cobwebs deflect niceness of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 June 2008

I have no idea what these people are talking about!! I have stayed at Bella Vista many times in the past and have never had a single issue with room cleanliness, hotel employee attention, or stale food. The rooms are lovely - if you choose to book the cheapest room, you're obviously going to get a smaller one with a lesser view. The website at Bella Vista explains each rooms' accomodations and views - if you refuse to do any research, I don't see that you can complain about your view and "tiny" suite. My most recent stay at Bella Vista was for a friend's bachelorette party, and we had a magnificent time! The room was beautiful, with a large balcony and view of the lake. It was also fully stocked with glasses, flatware, and a bottle opener, which was fantastic for young 20somethings at a bachelorette party! The people at the front desk were attentive and helpful. When we asked them about local cab companies, they offered to call a cab for us, and they contacted our room when the cab was waiting outside. The girl at the front desk also gave us descriptions of the atmospheres of the local restaurants and bars so that we out of towners could pick the place we wanted to spend our night. The next morning we awoke to a large breakfast basket filled with bagels, cream cheese, banana bread, and poppy seed muffins, which is just what we needed after a night of bachelorette fun! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to plan a celebration, a romantic getaway, or a family weekend. I can't imagine they would disappoint anyone!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meanderings01
Reviewed 21 February 2008

Bella Vista is a beautiful location. The size of the condo is small, but adequate. The condition of the suite was wonderful and well equipped. The "bone of contention" was the condition of the parking lot and parking ramp, which led to injuries and accidents. Feb. 16th, 2008 a sleet storm quickly deteriorated the conditions of the parking ramp to the lower level...making it a sheet of solid ice. The bride & groom were involved in a 3 car accident due to the sorry condition of the parking lot. A police report was filed. ABSOLUTELY NO SAND/SALT had been used....12 hours later at check out time....still NO SAND/SALT visible. The Father of the bride took 3 attempts to exit the lower parking facility. The bridesmaid also had similar aggravation removing her car from the lower level, plus fell hard on the ice, suffering hip pain from that. I, the mother of the bride, drove down that ramp on the night of Feb. 16th and realized I had no control on the ice until I reached the bottom. Then I had to scale the icy ramp to get outside...3/4 of the way up...my feet went out from under me and I fell hard on my elbows and slid to the bottom...just as my car had done moments earlier. I'm aghast at what could have happened if another vehicle entered as I was falling to the bottom of the ramp. I had to "scale the side of the ramp" where snow had accumulated to exit the area. Fortunately, it worked. Each employee that I reported it to lacked concern....if they were it didn't change anything! 12 hours after the incident the sheet of ice continued to be an issue!
I'm sure a stay in better weather conditions~would've been a wonderful experience , but if the weather turns...you're on your own...bring your own sand/salt! Or sleep in you car in the parking ramp and wait till Spring to leave.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business