All reviewshimalayan saltview of the lakeprivate pierhot tubice machinebeautiful hotelrestaurants and barsfull kitchenthe room was nicetake advantageking bedclose to downtownheartlandbalconyweekendsaunageneva
Reviewed 17 April 2004

My husband surprised me with a trip to Lake Geneva, WI last fall and we stayed at the Bella Vista Suites. It was wonderful. Within walking distance to great shops, resturants and right across the street from the lake. We stayed on an upper level with a 1 bedroom suites. There was a balcony, large bathroom w/ 1 person jacuzzi/shower/tub. Good size sitting room w/ refridge and small kitchen w/ utensils. Also, it is separate from the bedroom which I really like. The next morning breakfast was delivered to our door. You get OJ, Banana Bread, apples, oranges, and muffins. It is a small basket but these bakery items are probably the best that I have had.

We also stayed there again with a bunch of friends in December. We got the Presidential suite which is to die for. There was a master bedroom w/ a master bath attatched to it only w/ large jacuzzi and lots of room. A kitchen table, large full size sitting area w/ pull out couch, full kitchen w/ fridge utensils etc... fireplace, balcony w/ view of lake, and another bedroom w/ just toilet and sink bathroom. It was great.

I have not used to pool but my husband and some friends did and he said it and the hot tub were nice. Clean but a little small. Plus both times there was only like 3 other people down there so it is pretty quiet and relaxing. The game room was nice to have - friends played some pool.
The 1st time we were there they were having a wedding reception in the lobby so there was classical music being played and it was decorated very nicely.

Both times we have checked in at 1pm when check out isn't until 3pm.
The steet did not bother us at all like people in the other reviews said. We are from a very small town of 650 people and not used to noisey traffic and we didn't here hardly anything.... if you go out on the patio you do here stuff but that is just natural :) Also, the staff is very helpful in recommending things like restaurants, delivery pizza places, or even to give you things - like we had leftovers we wanted to eat but did not have butter and the front desk gladly supplied my husband w/ some packets of butter when asked if they had any?

This is the best hotel I think that I have ever stayed at w/in the USA.
I am definatly going back. Everytime we go, my husband and I talk about how we could just live in our suite and never come home :)

Other things in the area to recommend : Houlihans for dinner is great, Kilwins chocolates for dessert, Lake Geneva Pie Company (not downtown closer to interstate in small strip mall), Love the Irish store, and the only thing that was not that great was the Observatoriam at Yerkses or something like that - it was quite boring and didn't even show you hardly anything - guy just kept talking about UFO's.....

Go to Lake Geneva - its great.... Have fun... email me if you have any questions at all karie_N_sean@yahoo.com

15  Thank Departure12235
Reviewed 16 March 2004

My wife surprised me for a couple nites stay here at the Bella Vista Suites. We were very impressed by the whole hotel. The room, service, location and all the ammenities that are offered here are top notch. We will come back here often.

5  Thank Travel6386
Reviewed 16 February 2004

My Family and I always come to Lake Geneva every year, especially summer. For the winter, since my kids got winter break, I decided to take them and my wife to this hotel. When we checked in this Hotel, we thought we where staying in a 1st class Hotel in Italy! The Lobby was magnficent! The little pond that was in the center of the lobby added elegance to the lobby, when we saw our room which was on the second floor, we never wanted to leave! We got a Parkview, which was nice, had everything we expected to see! I especially adored the little window that viewed outside your room. This hotel was a classic, My Family and I will be back for sure!

3  Thank Destination27518
Reviewed 16 February 2004

My husband and I stayed here during the summer for one night and would never return. First of all, check in was supposed to be at 3:00 p.m. We got to the lobby at 2:45 and were told our room was not ready. We waited near the desk, and after watching a few people get checked in before us, we finally got our room at 3:30! When we did, we found that our "lakeview room" was obscured by trees, and we were in the corner of the hotel where we could hear cars passing all night, even with the AC unit on. Upon receiving our credit card bill, there was an additional $25 fee. Upon calling the hotel to find out what this was for, I was told that management would call back, however they never did! I would not recommend this place, the Best Western is cheaper and with a much better view.

25  Thank FrequentFlier9578
Reviewed 26 January 2004

We went in the fall, hoping the off-season would be quiet & restful. Wrong! Since the site is right at the edge of a business street, our much-hoped-for sleep-in was ruined by pre-dawn truck noise below. Evening peace was disturbed by noisy neigbors drinking on balcony next door. Too bad that management doesn't put put distance between out-of-season visitors! Jacuzzi in bedroom was okay, but there was no tub or shower in the separate bathroom: ridiculous. Small-sized stuff was annoying: small TV on bedroom dresser; smallish window over room air conditioner; small breakfast basket isn't worth bragging about. After asking the locals (at breakfast), got good recommendations to stay elsewhere.

11  Thank Safari17254