“very nice old school charm hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bella Vista Suites

Bella Vista Suites
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
lasalle
“very nice old school charm hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

my wife and I stayed there for our 30th anniv. We stayed the previous two nights in delavan. We stopped there the day before looking for a room for the next night. The staff at the front desk could not have nicer. We asked about checking in early they said to call them after 11am. we checked in about 1230 pm,which was nice. The hotel was very clean inside and out.The rooms with the lake views were perfect 2 large flat lcd tvs didnt hurt [one was 42in] We had no problem with pool in the basement, we had the whole area to our selfs and were not worried about a murderer lurking. The price was right, the staff was great, the hotel was perfect/relaxing, what more could you want?

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Darien, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

My husband and I came here to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and to have a really nice getaway vacation. However, nothing at this hotel is really nice, especially if you are used to nicer hotels. The rooms are small. Our room had a misshapen purple couch that sloped downward from being old and worn, and there was a mismatched blue chair opposite the couch. The mattress was ok, but the pillows were poly filled and flat as pancakes. The towels were so rough they actually hurt your skin to dry off. The lid to the toilet seat is made of flimsy plastic so don't try to sit on it. The jacuzzi tub is only big enough for one person. The air conditioner is loud, even when it is on "low". The breakfast was sort of a joke, with tiny orange juices, and a bunch of pre-packaged preservative filled junk like dole fruit cups and plain half-sized lender's bagels. They only gave us napkins on the first day, after that no napkins. The pool was creepy and in the basement with a murial of a beach scene on the wall. My husband laughed out loud when he saw the tiny workout room. One of the front desk ladies acted like my check-in was interrupting her internet surfing activity in the office. She was not friendly. The concierge is nowhere visible, in fact, the front desk staff is never actually at the desk. For the price I thought it would be a little more upscale, but it is not. I felt cheated after checking in.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

My husband and I reserved a 1 night Saturday stay along with an 18-hole golf outing at Hawks View Golf Course. When making the reservation over the phone, the gentleman was very kind and helpful. We arrived early at the hotel before check-in to pick up our golf info. before heading to the course. The woman at the front desk couldn't have been less thrilled to see us. She was rather cold -no "hello, good to see you", or "enjoy your stay", etc. She simply gave us the golf info. and told us to come back later to check in. After golf, we arrived back at the hotel to check in. There was a different woman this time. But again, no "hello, nice to see you" or "welcome." We inquired about making dinner reservations at Gilberts (a menu was promintley displayed at the front desk). She looked at my husband and I like we were crazy. Then, she said, "well, it's very formal." We had just returned from golfing, so we had our golf clothes on and of course looked a little weary after playing 18 holes. My husband reassured the woman that "we brought other clothes, -don't worry." Then, the woman said she would call to make a reservation for us, and then apprarently changed her mind and said, "why don't you call instead...they're going to ask you a lot of questions...like I said, they're very formal." I couldn't believe the level of snobbery this woman displayed. I just kept thinking, excuse me, who are you to judge where we can and cannot eat. Furthermore, after you just pre-authorized our credit card for over $400 (1 night at hotel plus 18 holes of golf) -I think we can afford a nice dinner at Gilberts-which by the way is the same restaurant that does the hotel room service and is just on the other side of the hotel. I'm thinking...of course we are going to shower and change clothes -but why should we have to explain that to you...and even if we wanted to walk in the restaurant with our golf clothes, who cares? I wouldn't go to this hotel unless and until they get rid of the rude, snobbish, judgemental women working at the front desk. When I got up to the room (which was beautiful, clean, and with a great view of the lake)- I made that call to Gilberts and they weren't pretentious at all and they certainly didn't ask me any questions or tell me how to dress! My husband and I loved our weekend at Lake Geneva, but we will never stay at the Bella Vista again -the front desk women ruined the hotel stay for us even though everything else about the hotel was great.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I am a very experienced traveler, both for business and leisure. Stayed one night in a one bedroom suite and was very pleased with the accommodations. I was impressed with how modern the room was with two flat screen tv's, up to date bathroom with jacuzzi, microwave, refrig, and sink. Nice assortment of dishes and glasses along with small convenience items like salt and pepper, can opener, wine opener. Mgmt seems to have thought of everything. The room was spotless! The gratis continental breakfast that other guests had criticized was just fine with an assortment of breakfast items. We did not find it difficult to share the items in the breakfast basket. Very good value for a great location in Lake Geneva. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LarrytheLegend
NW Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

Went for an anniversary. The rooms are nice. We requested and booked a lake view. I would not stay here if we only had the park view. The balcony was nice to sit on and watch the sunset. Everything is within 2-3 blocks with the lake and boat rentals directly in front of the hotel. The Riviera and beach are about 2 blocks down. This hotel was ok, but I highly advise you to bring your own food and drinks. They have a kitchen area with plates/silverware/glasses. There is a small fridge, microwave, and toater in the room. Breakfast is a snack at best. ITs all about the location and this place has it. Parking is free also.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dkrck
PC Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

I have stayed here once a year every year since 2005 and I am always pleased. From the moment you enter this wonderful hotel you know it's going to be something special. The 3 story open lobby complete with a water fountain is unique and very welcoming. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean with a private bedroom and a large bathroom. The view of the lake is amazing. If you choose, you can always pick a view of the park as well. Walking distance to downtown, the boat tours, and the beach is a major plus.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank cj-themapguy
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

I stayed at Bella Vista Suites last summer. I left my hair towel that I brought that does not look like a regular bath towel at all on top of my bag. When I came back from the beach my towel was missing. I talked to the front desk and they claimed they looked for it and never found it. I asked to speak with the manager and he was completely rude to me. He gave me an attitude and asked me what he wanted them to do. He said "What do you want me to replace the towel, is that what you want?" in a very rude manner. Needless to say I left there very offended and was not treated with respect, especially for the price we paid to stay there. Needless to say the towel was never found in the room or when I returned home and I am positive that they took one of my personal belonging which they had not business taking. I will never step foot in Bella Vista Suites for as long as I live. I had this experience almost 8 months ago and I still feel burned. Not to mention their "indoor pool" is in the basement and is the perfect place for a murder to occur.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple