“Huge disappointment”

Big Foot Beach State Park
Ranked #13 of 43 things to do in Lake Geneva
More attraction details
Owner description: A favorite with families and nature enthusiasts, this 271-acre park on the shore of Lake Geneva, offers wooded campsites, a sand beach and plenty of picnic areas.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Big Foot Beach State Park in July 2014 and were extremely disappointed. At the time they were building a new shower house so they had a trailer with showers instead- which is fine; however, the showers were very dirty and I felt I needed a shower AFTER taking one! I was expecting clean conditions since the outside of the trailer said "5 star cleanliness". They also had one outhouse for roughly 40 camping sites- that's 1 toilet. I have nothing against outhouses and am not easily grossed out, but this one made me gag.

The beach is not really a beach. It is a sand strip that is about 5 feet deep (from the road to water) and maybe 50 yards long. There are weeds washed up on it as well. The swimming area also does not go deeper than about 3 feet.

We booked this trip with the intention of staying at the campground all weekend and enjoying the beach & activities, but there were none.

4  Thank Katie Z

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We decided to camp at the park for a Friday and Saturday night. We got to the park and went to our campsite. Our site was pretty decent sized, but most of them were quite small. The shower house was being built so there was a trailer showers in it. The side of the trailer said it was clean / air conditioned, etc. Completely the opposite, they were disgusting. The outhouses were disgusting. Yes, it is a vault toilet, but still! Disgusting! The beach is tiny, so get there early to mark your claim. There is no alcohol allowed in the park. So plan some accordingly.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here in Aug. 2014. All of the typical state park rules and fee's were consistent. The campgrounds seems small, but it served it's purpose for us. We were hanging out outside of the campgrounds all weekend so we pretty much just slept there and hung by a fire in the evening.
We had a pop-up and a 26ft 5th wheel camper. I could see it being a "tight fit" with some of the sights, but the ones we had 80/82 were plenty big so there was no problems. The camp was quite in general too.
The fishing pond on sight was not good, but the kids had fun for an hour or so. Tons of room for picnics and volleyball or Frisbee. Nice playground too, although a pretty good hike from the sights. If you are planning on swimming you probably wont like the beach much. It is real small.
It would get a little better review if the showers were finished, but I assume they will be next year.
Overall if you are looking for the campgrounds to entertain you then you will most likely be disappointed in this one.

2  Thank Erik D
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was a very popular place for all the weekend warriors to hand out with their friends and families. Was a very nice and clean park. easy to get around but very crowded.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Maybe the smallest beach I have ever seen as we drove right by it and almost hit folks on the beach, crazy setup they have at this road-side beach off the lake...

1  Thank MrOysterhead_Chris