“I had so much fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Springfield, Missouri
“I had so much fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Our stay was wonderful. There were only two things that were very good. The elevator made this horrible sound while we were in it and the next day it was out of order. but everything needs fixing sometimes so it was no biggy. they need some new luggage carts though. are car was very far away so we had to go down all the stairs carrying our luggage. otherwise we had so much fun. the beach was very close and all the main attractions were really close too. the pools were really nice and they hotel was big and open. we made some really great memories. one of our best vacations!

Room Tip: rooms on top floors are harder to get down to everything. lovely rooms in all though!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tony C, General Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for the kind words and recommendations. We deeply appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The feedback of our guests is extremely important to us and allows us to accurately gauge our guest’s experiences. We thank you for your business and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were excited to get to the hotel and we were told we could do an early check in. I called at 11am to see what time would be best. I was told to grab some lunch and the room would be ready by noon. I called back about 1pm and the woman on the phone told me my room was not ready and i am not even allowed to check in until 3. It was raining so I asked what there is to do around here in doors. The woman very rudely told me " i dont know, target? ".
I got there at 3 and it was a zoo upon check in. There was no luggage rollers (dont know what they are called) to be found anywhere and none of the workers could find any either. Once we get in the room it was disgusting. Old, dirty, dusty and UNCOMFORTABLE!!!! I asked if i could get my money back. Id rather go home then have my family stay here. I had to pay for the first night and got the next 2 nights refunded. We decided to make the best of the one night. We went swimming and the pools were dirty and cold. We spent the rest of the evening outdoors on the lake.
We woke up in pain from the beds the next day and ended up getting sick from all the germs in the room im sure. I was honestly afraid to have my one yr old walk around in the room. We found garbage under the chair! I love lake geneva and would love to come back but wont be staying here again.

8 Thank dmart19
Tony C, General Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience your experience may have caused you. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Geneva hotels

Lymington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Pro's

After a long flight and drive we were greeted by the friendly, helpful receptionist. The room was large for the party of 3 and the facilities were excellent and very clean. Our daughter used the indoor pool and enjoyed her swim. The town is beautiful and well worth a visit, especially the Harley dealership :).

Cons

We only stayed one night, WE WILL HAVE TO RETURN.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Welcome to the US!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As we strive to meet each guest’s expectations, it is feedback like yours, which allows us to set new initiatives for customer service and take pride in our customer service and accommodations. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back at The Cove.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

It all started with a smile!! The ladies of the front desk could not have been nicer. They offered an "upgrade" and I was off to the 5 relaxing days of vacation. The suite was more than expected. The staff, very attentive to all my requests, and the pool was the icing on the cake. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a fun relaxing get-away. I will be back!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark L
Tony C, General Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for the wonderful response in reference to your stay at The Cove of Lake Geneva! We are grateful to have had the opportunity to accommodate you during your vacation.
We deeply appreciate your feedback and recommendations and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

we use to love the cove but we will never stay thier again we also told all our friends about the cove. Stay at one of the other hotels lets start with very dirty pools indoor and outdoor the pool was so bad out doors that they had to drain it when we where thier because of all the black stuff on the walls next the indoor pool make sure you wear your flip flops floor around the pool and the bathrooms very nasty next the hallways to your room are so dirty i cant belive that they would want any one to walk on them next thier was a lot of people at the pool doing nothing maybe they need to take them and show them how to clean that would keep them busy for awhile next we heard that each unit is owned by some one i feel for them. my family wont be back to the cove !!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank 827sandy
Tony C, General Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I apologize for the disappointment you experienced upon your arrival. We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. The maintenance preformed on the pool during your stay was to address the discoloring of the pool walls and also assure that the pool was still to our standards of cleanliness during the high traffic season. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you how high we value these standards of excellence in the near future.
Geneva, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

My family surprised me with an overnight excursion to Lake Geneva on August 4th for my birthday. We generally stay in another location, however my wife wanted to be downtown near the beach. The hotel is extremely close within walking distance to downtown and the beach! We showed up one hour before the proper check in time at 2 o'clock. The lobby was not at busy at all, The front desk clerk was a little frazzled, and Impatient with me. As if she shouldn't have had to deal with me until 3 o'clock. There is a procedure for them to check in early, or at least try to check in early… If you give your drivers license they will give you a key to relax at the pool. This is a nice gesture, if you know where the pool is located and or if you know how the proper procedures to check in and or where to park.... This was assumed by the front desk clerk. We decided to have a picnic and a nice little park adjacent to the hotel on the hill!
Upon returning to the hotel at 3 o'clock, we were told that our room was not ready. The lobby was extremely busy, actually it looked like an airport terminal when a flight is canceled. People seem to be upset, the clerks look stressed and kept radioing the housekeeping department checking on rooms. You could hear the housekeeping people pretty much screaming back at the Clerks on the radio. It made me very uncomfortable to be at this hotel. After continuingly asking the clerks for around, we got our keys at Approximately 3:30 PM. My family of six had the Bella loft, We walked into the room and discovered that housekeeping failed to remove the bachelorette banner that was still taped to the wall! At this point in time, I was ready to write this hotel off and give it a really bad rating!! Part of the blinds were broken, And when I walked to the sliding glass door to the balcony I saw an amazing view of the pool and part of the lake which took my breath away. There's a spillway from the Lake that runs into small creek that goes around the property with huge trees being over, which is absolutely beautiful! I decided right then and there, to chill out and enjoy. The pools were amazing, we enjoy the hot tub, the dry sauna and my kids love the kiddie pool. The staff around the pool was so kind and accommodating! They made up for the stressful clerks at the front desk!

Would we stay here again? Probably, the room was spacious and very accommodating for my family of six! However, I do feel a little short changed due to the check in issues. We did love the pools and its amenities. The location can't be beat! And the price was what we expected to pay for Lake Geneva.

This hotel has room for improvement As most things in life do!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank J Brian H
I apologize for the disappointment you experienced upon your arrival. We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. The feedback of our guests is extremely important to us and allows us to accurately gauge our guest’s experiences. We take all allegations very seriously and will review the situation immediately. We appreciate your business and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence again in the near future.
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I think this place is a total joke. We paid $286 a night and were treated like a bunch of criminals for listening to music at a very low level and drinking beer, that we brought from our room. There was absolutely nothing posted saying we could not do so anywhere in the pool area. We cooperated when then told us we couldn't drink anymore of our beers and a few of us purchased beers from them, but they proceeded to call the cops on us and cause a seen in front of everyone. I would not recommend this place to anyone, even if the rooms weren't so outrageously priced.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Toe0711
I apologize that you feel that you were mistreated. It is our responsibility to enforce policies and procedures consistently and effectively for the benefit of all of our guests.