“Walk to Winterfest”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Verona, Wisconsin
“Walk to Winterfest”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We had a great weekend in Lake Geneva~ staying at the Cove was the best! Park and walk any where you want in town. The 2 bedroom 2 bath suite was spacious, updated and clean. Rooms are individually decorated and room 406 was nice a cozy. Sprechers is a nice added feature! We didn't have to leave to enjoy the game, drinks and dinner. Great place for a family, girls trip to shop or a couple getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms individually decorated. Room 406 is a Dover 2 bedroom 2 bath suite updated and over looks the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ryan M, Guest Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again at the Cove very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Weekend with friends, really prime spot, Great location on the lake but the rooms are dated and dull. The toilet didn't flush and it took three hours for maintenance to fix it, even after three calls! It's A shame for such a prime location, I can't imagine why it would not be given fresh look...

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynn M
First off, I wanted to apologize about the inconveniences that you were faced with when you stayed here at the Cove. I also wanted to thank you for making us aware of the problems so that we are able to fix them in the future. We are in the process of fixing the issues that you had when you stayed here.

We wanted to let you know that we have a new management company here at the Cove, and our goal is to correct the items you have made us aware of. We hope to see you back at the Cove soon!
Oswego
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

First room given was unacceptable. The bed dipped in the middle and felt like box springs. Fortunately they were able to find a room with a more acceptable bed. I feel sorry for the last one in on the full weekend. More of a family hotel. Hallways were loud all night. Enjoyed central location and cozy fireplace.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I received the hotel under Groupon, i was expecting to be disappointed because of the price at the time for the Groupon purchase. i am so sorry for my poor expectation , because it was beautiful. The hotel stay, the room with the fireplace, the location, the restaurants, were all GREAT !!!! and it was quite and serene. we will be going back to the Cove of Lake Geneva. Thank you for the good memories and experiences……. sincerely

Room Tip: it had a kitchen that was stock with dishes, which we did not use, we ate at the local restrautants
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

A bunch of us stayed at The Cove over the holidays. We had a rather good time with all our families but were very let down with the quality of the rooms. Ill start from the begining of our trip.... we drove two hours to get to the hotel and we were greated by a friendly person at the front desk. We know it wasn't her fault but we had to get keys THREE times because our keys would not work. When the head of maintenance got us into our room he brought a computer thing to do somthing to the door that looked like it was from the stone age. So after all that and hiking back and forth from our room to the desk we finally got into our room. At this point I just wanted to relax with my wife until the rest of the family showed up. Unfortunately our old tube tv in the bedroom didn't work, so we called downstairs and the maintenance guy came. He swapped out the old tube tv with another old tube tv at least it worked. Also, in the room the sofa sleeper was stained and very "80s" looking. The furniture all matched kind of looked like I was staying in a motel 8 or somthing. So we make dinner and realize that the fully equipped kitchen is missing a lot of items. This made cooking very difficult. Later that night we went room hopping to our families rooms. They to were very disappointing and very outdated. When we talked to someone the next day they apologized and did what they could for us. We found out the rooms are owned by different individuals. If this is the case those people need to get on it if they think this is anywhere near a luxury hotel. Ive never stayed in such a run down resort especially one that advertises as luxary suites. We will stay at Grand Geneva next time were we know they know what luxury is. All in all we had a good time with family we didn't let the rooms get to us, we enjoyed the pool as well. The staff was great and friendly and they are the reason for the two stars otherwise it would get a 0 for quality.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank alpha987
Litchfield, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2013

i have mixed feelings about my stay here. first the good news, was told when we booked the hotel they didnt have any anchor suites with a oven, at last minute i was told there was 1 room with one, so i got it! great for my xmas dinner with the hubby. now the bad, had to wait around 3 hours to get in our room cause it wasnt ready, after driveing 5 hrs. got in and it was a very nice, clean room. discovered no coffee pot. the maker was there, but no pot. got one. then our key wouldnt work at the pool, got that fixed, then to top it off, no kitchen towels, NONE. so compliand some more, was given a bath towel, to clean dishes. fineally got some kitchen towels. we got the oven and nothing in our room to cook anything in. had to wait for the maid to bring me a broiler pan to cook with. we paid $11 resort fee, for each night, plus the room cost. would not give me any money back. NOTE to maids -- have a room checklist to make sure the room is fully stocked!! could have gave me my resort fee back!! had 222 rooms, had to wait. for what. a room that didnt have the things we needed. get real people. nice xmas gift

Room Tip: make sure your rooms are fully stocked!! cause thle maids and the front desk dont have a clue!!! i t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darla F
Warrenville, Illinois
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I staid the weekend of Thanksgiving. I booked this hotel because it had a fireplace. The fireplace did not work. It took 5 or 6 tries to get it to light. When it did lite, it stayed lite for only a few minutes. The front desk said they would send maintenance to fix it. I don't think anyone looked at the fireplace. The toaster only toasted one side of the bread! They did send a new toaster. The DVD player paused by itself four or five times in the middle of a brand new dvd! The toilet had to be plunged anytime solid waste was present!! The last thing I want to do on vacation is plung a toilet! Obviously this was a known problem because there was a plunger in the room! Discusting! I would not recommend this hotel for a family or anyone wanting to spend time relaxing and enjoy the "amenities". I wrote to the President of the corporation hopeing to get a response! NOTHING! The front desk agent "is not authorized" to do any price adjustments or really anything to address my concerns. I was told a manager would call. No one has contacted me! It's been three weeks now! Terrible for customer loyality and customer service. I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 236!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family