“Girls Weekend Gettaway”

Cove of Lake Geneva
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
“Girls Weekend Gettaway”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a wonderful time, the room was wonderful, large, clean with a good view, the King size bed was great. The people at the desk were very nice and helpful. I've been staying at the Cove for 15 years, and always have been satisfied!

Room Tip: I like the 3rd floor, facing the woods the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ryan M, Guest Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am so pleased to hear about your wonderful experience here at the Cove. I am so glad that you noticed how professional our staff is here. We strive very hard to give the best service we possibly can. I am excited to continue to see you at the Cove, and I hope that you will be able to enjoy warm weather at our pools soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Cedar Rapidd
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Front Desk personnel were both disrespectful to my 81 year old Parents...The couldn't find their reservation because they spelled his name wrong and then didn't honor a Groupon and tried to charge him full price...You Front Desk personnel are too disrespectful to be at your Front Desk handling guests...Maybe you should have them cleaning rooms!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank IaNewYorker
I am sorry to hear about your experience with our Front Desk. I can assure that our Front Desk staff works very hard and they follow procedures that are put in place. Expired deals are very hard for any hotel to take, but I am glad we were able to work something out and accommodate you. I am glad that we were able to help your Dad and take care of the situation, as I know he left happy from the Cove when I spoke with him. I am very excited to see you in the future.
Highland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Spacious, clean suite, though dated. Helpful and efficient staff. A bit noisy late at night, due to nearby partiers. Nice pool and hot tub. Limited fitness room. Great location - downtown Lake Geneva, walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014
Ryan M, Guest Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you so much for this wonderful post about the Cove. We take pride in our customer service abilities here at the Cove, so I appreciate you for recognizing that. I hope that you are able to come back during the summertime to enjoy our outdoor pool area!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've stayed here twice, the most recent this past week. The outside pools are clean and ready to go for the season when it opens in a few weeks. Looks like a lot of fun. The indoor pool and spa were open for my daughter and I and since we were mid-week, we had the whole area to ourselves. We really enjoyed ourselves. The game room was a lot of fun as well and my daughter won a stuffed toy thing and a couple other little fun toys, she's really good at those type of games though, lol. The sauna was closed, only a little bummed at that. However, the hot tub was HOT and the jets were perfect. So that's OK.

I've eaten at Sprecher's onsite several times, we did this recent night as well and it was fast and tasty, if a little pricey. Portions are large though and I always walk away w/snack or enough for another meal later.

We had a 1 bedroom w/balcony, full dining table in addition to the full kitchen/breakfast bar. The couch and chair could stand an update but everything else was fine. The fireplace was a simple way to dry our swimsuits as well.

Pillows were awful, I wish I'd remembered to bring my own. Jacuzzi tub in large bathroom was great.

Great stay overall, no major complaints, we'll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful and informative review about the Cove. I am very happy to hear that your stay went well. I wanted to apologize about the Sauna. We are in the process of fixing that right now. I am glad your daughter really enjoys the pool area. I hope that you are able to bring her back during the summer to participate in all of the children's activities that we have planned. I know she would love our outdoor pool area as well. I hope to finally meet you when you come back during the summertime!
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We've been staying at the Cove for years, and always enjoy our stay. The front desk staff is wonderful, always happy to see us. The rooms are nice and big. We love the Belle Loft suites, because they have a separate living room that doesn't have to double as a bedroom, since it has a loft and separate sleeping area. We can bring our family here and have enough space for everyone. Stayed in room 452, very nice with a lake theme. We will always stay at the Cove for the wonderful service and the great rooms. Also nice to have a restaurant on property so we can eat with out leaving the hotel if we want to!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ryan M, Guest Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for this fantastic post about the Cove. Our staff works very hard to make the Cove a wonderful place and I thank you so much for recognizing that. I hope that you have the opportunity to come back during the summertime, as that is the time when everything is full of life. I look forward to seeing you then!
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The primary reason that I selected this hotel was because of the on-site amenities provided, largely the pool/mini water-park. Upon arriving and during my initial check-in process I was informed that the pool was closed due to maintenance, i.e. painting and cleaning the pool area. They said that I was welcome to visit another one of their properties, Timber Ridge Resort, and to use those amenities free of charge.
When I decided to spend several hundred dollars in transportation to get to Lake Geneva and several hundred dollars to reserve the use of one of their suites, my vacation intention was not to be driving between hotels.
Again, the primary purpose was to be able to walk my two 2.5 year old boys down to the lobby of the hotel we were staying in to play in the pool. Not to load everyone up in the car to drive to the other side of the city just to swim! Had I known this prior to arriving I would have been able to make alternate accommodations. Yet the only option provided to me was a free pass to the other location.
It may not seem like a large deal to others, but after spending an enormous amount of my limited budget to go to a hotel with a pool, and realizing that I overpaid for "no pool on site." That's enough to guarantee that I would not return nor would I recommend this hotel due to poor sales communication.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank midwestian
I am very sorry to hear about your stay at the Cove. I know that this doesn't change the fact that your stay wasn't as good as you thought it would be, but let me address a few of the issues you have mentioned.

First off, I want to apologize that our pool was closed for maintenance, as that was a very last minute repair. The issue occurred at the last moment, and we had to close the pool immediately. Someone should have informed you, though, and I apologize that no one did. Secondly, we actually do not have a "mini water-park" at our location. That is actually another hotel in the area. I am sorry that our only option was the pool at our sister property. We were offering shuttle transportation, but I completely understand how you would feel by not wanting to leave the property to go swimming.

I can assure you that we will have the communication issue fixed in the future. My hope is that you will give our pools another opportunity, as we do have a beautiful outdoor area during the summertime.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Geneva hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I wouldn't recommend a get away at this location. Despite the great location it's in. We had a iron board, but no iron, upon request to get on. We were told staff couldn't find one?
Our room had a balcony, I step on balcony and see 2 nasty pools with dark water and all type of debris , I'm sure the cove have enough revenue to a least cover the dam pools. Toilet wouldn't flush due to low water pressure, if I wasn't ill and ready to return home, I would have asked for a refund. Again the surrounding area beautiful, the cove clearly failing. A couple of years back I stayed there and we had no hot water. I thought service would improve but it clearly didn't.

• Stayed April 2014
I am sorry to hear about your disappointing stay at the Cove. When our management company was brought into the Cove back in February, there were some challenges we were faced with. We are constantly working to fix these inadequacies, but I apologize that you had to deal with them.

There was no cover on the pool when we arrived, but that is something that will be there next year. At this point, our pools are fully function able, as the outdoor pool area looks gorgeous now.

We are constantly working on making the Cove a better place, and I hope that you come back and see the great things we are going to do here.