“Super Digs!”

Cove of Lake Geneva
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
“Super Digs!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised at the size of the accommodations, the proximity to LG activities & shopping, etc etc. Loved everything about the Cove. Hopefully thext time I go back it will be summertime.

• Stayed November 2013
Ryan M, Guest Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful response about the Cove. Our rooms are very large; our smallest room is almost 700 square feet. I hope you are able to come back this summer and enjoy our outdoor pool area. We will have multiple guest amenities, so I hope that you are able to come back and enjoy them.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was a great place to get away! We had a girls weekend and only had to drive a little under 2 hours to get just what we needed. It was quaint, relaxing, and overall enjoyable. We were walking distance to the downtown area where there were many options of food and things to do.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your terrific comments about the Cove. I think you alluded to something that is very convenient about the Cove, and that is being able to walk to all of your destinations. You can park your car for the weekend, and not have to worry about driving. This is a huge plus during the summertime, as you do not have to drive in a busy Lake Geneva. My hope is that you are able to come join us during the summertime to enjoy the nice summer weather.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The front desk people were amazing. They helped us when we were locked out. Gave great restaurant advise. But I was most impressed with them holding stuff for the wedding party, for when they finally came back from the reception. There would have been a lot of men upset for being charged for their suits!!! I only wish the jets in the tub worked:(

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff here at the Cove. We work hard to establish premium customer service, so I am glad you noticed that. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. My hope is that you will be back during the summertime to enjoy all of the amenities that we have to offer.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The decor of our suite was very very dated.The sofa had stains on it and when you sat down the bottom almost touched the floor.Our jacuzzi had to be at least 20yrs old very dingy, and the TV that was in the bedroom was nice but to small. Now in relationship to the lake that part was nice because it's directly across the street, but I could never stay there again. Whenever an establishment doesn't give you multiple pictures of the room that should serve as a tale tale sign.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Meagan M
I am very sorry to hear about your stay at the Cove. When we took over as the new management company, we identified that updates are needed throughout the hotel. We have been working hard on making updates throughout the hotel, and many things have changed. It is a process to get everything in the hotel updated, so it does take time. I know this doesn't change the fact that you didn't feel your room was up to par, but I wanted to assure you that everything will be updated in the future.

My hope is that you are willing to give the Cove another chance, as I know we are working hard to establish the Cove as the premier hotel in downtown Lake Geneva.

Travellers are raving about these Lake Geneva hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 May 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Cove for the first time for the Women's Weekend Getaway, sponsored by the Rotary Club. It was a great location, across from the lake and within walking distance of everything planned that weekend. The room was fantastic - fireplace, whirlpool tub and outside patio (although a bit chilly to enjoy the weekend we were there)! The bed was a bit hard; however the room in general was very comfortable. We were in a room right outside of a Conference Room; so, it was a bit noisy because there was a group in there all weekend. Full kitchen was very convenient; however, there was no silverware! Coffee in the room was nice; however, would have also like tea for us non-coffee drinkers. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the room outside of the conference center if you want quiet. Also, VERY far from...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ryan M, Guest Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful, yet very insightful review about the Cove. I am sorry about the noise outside of your room, as we will continue to try and monitor that as best as we can. I am glad you enjoyed the room. The rooms are very spacious and you do not feel cramped like a normal hotel room. I hope to see you back this summer!
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a wonderful time, the room was wonderful, large, clean with a good view, the King size bed was great. The people at the desk were very nice and helpful. I've been staying at the Cove for 15 years, and always have been satisfied!

Room Tip: I like the 3rd floor, facing the woods the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ryan M, Guest Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am so pleased to hear about your wonderful experience here at the Cove. I am so glad that you noticed how professional our staff is here. We strive very hard to give the best service we possibly can. I am excited to continue to see you at the Cove, and I hope that you will be able to enjoy warm weather at our pools soon.
Cedar Rapidd
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Front Desk personnel were both disrespectful to my 81 year old Parents...The couldn't find their reservation because they spelled his name wrong and then didn't honor a Groupon and tried to charge him full price...You Front Desk personnel are too disrespectful to be at your Front Desk handling guests...Maybe you should have them cleaning rooms!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank IaNewYorker
I am sorry to hear about your experience with our Front Desk. I can assure that our Front Desk staff works very hard and they follow procedures that are put in place. Expired deals are very hard for any hotel to take, but I am glad we were able to work something out and accommodate you. I am glad that we were able to help your Dad and take care of the situation, as I know he left happy from the Cove when I spoke with him. I am very excited to see you in the future.