“Gino's / Geneva just stay away”

Gino's East of Lake Geneva
Ranked #20 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In 2007, Gino's East opened in Lake Geneva, with the same deep dish pizza that was served at the original Gino's East location in Chicago...and more! A huge menu of entrees, salads and sandwiches for lunch and dinner. Spectacular lake view from our dining room including outdoor seating during the summer months. Delivery and Catering to your door including homes, offices and hotel rooms. Enjoy the Original Gino's East of Chicago or should we say Lake Geneva.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very cold temp in the restaurant. Moved to another table but it wasn't any better, still breezy. Had good deep dish pizza which I should have taken carry out & ate at home. Service lousy & had to flag down a busboy to get a box to take the rest of my pizza home. I always order more pizza so we can have left overs. Got tired of freezing while waiting for the waitress to bring the check so we could LEAVE so we walked up to the front desk & asked for the ticket. I didn't trust them with my credit card & paid cash. Didn't have exact amount & wasn't going to leave that large of a tip & had to wait a long time for them to return. No register? Never handled $ before ? Time for a different restaurant in that building. I haven't had very good experiences in Lake Geneva other than the boat tour. I'll be going to other towns & doubt Gino's will change.

2  Thank Cindy H
There are newer reviews for Gino's East of Lake Geneva

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I think this pizza is a tad better than that served in Chicago (and that is very good). Comfortable dining room, and nice walkway balcony if you'd like to enjoy the view of Lake Geneva.

1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have wanted to try Gino's East for a while, and I finally decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed before even entering the restaurant is that parking can be difficult here. You can't park in the lot for the hotel that Gino's East is connected to because there are signs all over in there saying that lot is for registered hotel guests only. There is a very small parking lot on the other side for Gino's East customers, but the only reason I got a spot in there is that a car happened to be leaving right as I was arriving. When I got that spot, the small lot was full again. It seems hard to park for free here. It is also a bit of a walk to the restaurant from the small parking lot on the side. Upon entering the restaurant, I thought the host could have been had more enthusiasm. He seemed bothered that he had to seat me. I felt that the service was very slow here when I visited. It was a Saturday night after 8:00 and the restaurant was only about half full. It took 10 minutes for my waitress to come over. I ordered my soft drink and a pizza right away when she came over. She was quick with bringing out my drink, but I was surprised at having to wait nearly 40 minutes for a small pizza to come out. It seemed like the tables around me were also having similar wait times for food. I was surprised at having to wait this long because of the restaurant not being close to full. In the 40 minutes, the waitress did not return at all to refill my drink or tell me about how much longer till the pizza would be done. I was sitting there for about 20 minutes with an empty drink. It seemed like the waitress disappeared for the entire 40 minutes from the time she brought out the drink until the pizza was finally done. When she brought the pizza out, she apologized for the wait and refilled my drink. The deep dish supreme pizza was pretty good. To me, it seemed like the pizza was warm but it was no longer hot like when it comes out of the oven. I wondered if it was done sooner but someone left it sit for a while. The deep dish seemed a bit doughy, too. It was a very heavy crust. I think next time I might try a thinner crust because the deep dish was almost too much to me. Overall, the pizza was pretty good though, and I took about half of it home to enjoy for another meal. I still enjoy other pizza places in the area more than Gino's East, though, particularly Next Door Pub. The waitress did not check up on me at all after bringing out the pizza. She just brought the bill and a box when I was finished. I was not real impressed with the service here when I visited. I guess I was expecting more from Gino's East and thought it would be better. I would probably return some time though.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Loved the pizza and live entertainment-you look out over the lake or they have outside seating as well.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

1st visit here - wanted to get pizza to go and carry back to our hotel a few doors away. Ordered at take out location and was able to run a tab at the bar while waiting - all on one bill. That worked out great. Bartender Jason was great and alot of fun. We noted he was just as nice to EVERYBODY at the bar. It's great to see an employee that is happy in his job. He packed up a bag with plates, napkins, silverware, crushed red pepper and pamphlets for us. We had alot of laughs at the bar - time went quick - thanks to Jason. Of course the pizza is great - just like all the other Gino's East in Chicago.