“Stopped as a result of reviews”

Foley's Irish Woods
Ranked #28 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Price range: US$0 - US$27
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Drinks were okay. The woman behind the bar was nice and polite but the gray haired man walking around with a scowl on his face was absolutely rude to us. We had an appetizer then left. Wouldn't give this place any further business. Appetizer was mushrooms and they were horrible.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My hubby and I went for dinner the other night. We both had the potato leek soup and I had Irish stew for my dinner - he had shepherds pie. The soup was good. The stew was better than good. The lamb was sooooo tender and the carrots and potatoes soft but not mushy. I had read a review on trip advisor before we went. The reviewer noted that the staff or at least the waiter was constantly at the table to see how everything was. It wasn't until we sat down when then same thing happened to us and I recalled the review to my husband. It was a bit annoying to have the waiter at our table every few minutes or so. Otherwise I think it's a great place to eat!

1  Thank sunnysusie55
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Only on Thursday. These are the Irish version of Osso bucco, but with lamb instead of veal. Unbelievable deal, made with love and care and always delicious.

1  Thank Jtpowers
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We have made two visits to Foley's since they opened their restaurant. Before that, it was a burger and beer joint with above average burgers. The first visit was for fish fry. The food was hot, fresh and plentiful. It was served in a unique serving dish with three cone like compartments: one for fish, one for potatoes and the third for a delicious kind of apple fritters. We noticed the service was over-attentive. The waitress asked "how are you doing" much too often and interrupted our conversations. Then she disappeared for a long while and came back reeking of smoke. If the service was more professional, I'd give the place the extra star. The second visit was a Wednesday for corned beef and cabbage. We had a different server but the service again felt intrusive. Also, the dining room was too cold so we ate in the bar. Again, the food was great, hot, plentiful and arrived quickly. We can't wait to try the lamb shanks. The prices for food are reasonable and represent a good value.

1  Thank marjude
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

So glad we stopped in for dinner. My husband and I both had the corned beef special, which was fresh, tasty, and so perfectly tender that I could cut the meat with a fork. Combined with the excellent, friendly service and the cold Wisconsin brews, I'm in post-meal bliss! We will definitely be back next time we're in the area.