“I just left and want to go back already!”
Review of Lazy Cloud Inn

Lazy Cloud Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We absolutely love this inn! It may cost a little more but you get what you pay for. All of the employees are super friendly and the suites are amazing! The little extras make it even more special. We stayed 2 nights and even had a TV in the suite which got very little use as the quiet was just wonderful! We did the appetizer basket and aldo the picnic with ham and turkey. The food was amazing and it is true the cheesecake really is to die for! I am already looking
forward to the next time we can go to this wonderful get away!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jgal80

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very romantic get away within driving distance from Chicago. there are several 'themes' to choose from so be sure to explore your choices on the website. We have stayed in a few different rooms at different times in the last couple of years. Each room is clean, has a hot tub and a fireplace. An added bonus is a private patio. We have been many times and will go again. Lake Geneva activities and restaurants are nearby as well

Room Tip: All rooms are special in there own way. be sure to view photos on website before choosing
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fancypants2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

occasionally I get a slight hankering to go back there, but then I remember how the beds were too stiff, and how you can only fill your time taking so many baths and sitting in front of a fireplace before you want to pull your hair out. I think my experience was marred with the fact that I was the one who had planned/booked it and my husband seemed to be tagging along, so there was a bit of dismay already, simply due to relationship issues. (I did not rate the place based on my relationship issues during my stay)

however with that said, I get the "no distractions", (no phone, no TV) they had a radio and a nice collection of romantic music, but I think it would have been nice if they had a small TV with maybe some romantic movies. Casablanca, my fair lady, 50 first dates, etc. and about the beds, I've been equated to a "princess and the pea" sort of girl. it has to be super soft and super comfy if I even feel a wrinkle in the sheet beneath me it bothers me to the point that I have to get up and make the bed. (I know you are thinking I'm OCD but honestly I am actually pretty chill about 98% of everything, its just a weird thing for me that I have to have the bed perfect or else I can't sleep) my husband on the other hand could sleep on a rock and be perfectly fine. so I'm rating it to my taste because I am being honest, but just wanted to throw that in there as a disclaimer that probably the average person will have little to no problems with the firm rock-like mattresses at this place.

aside from that I really enjoyed the room, it was cozy and felt like a little cabin.

Room Tip: we stayed in stone grotto, it was more secluded and away from the main rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Audra82
LakeGenevaLady, Owner at Lazy Cloud Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We are so delighted that we a strong enough impression on you, that you submitted a reply after having visited us nearly a year ago.

Romance, focusing on each other, spending time alone with the one you love is what we are all about and for many, many, many couples Lazy Cloud is an oasis to them. It effectively removes them from the noise, the hustle bustle of the "real" world, as well as all the daily distractions that have our mind racing from one chore or task to the other.

Lazy Cloud is a place where everything gets dialed way down, so that the only thing you have to worry about is focusing on is each other. However as you mentioned in your review, if there is conflict before you arrive, (even if it is a minor conflict) the peace, serenity and stillness that we offer is going to seem almost overwhelming and even, dare we say it,.....a bit boring at times.

For the majority of our couples they relish this stillness and serenity but we thoroughly understand why it may have seemed a bit much to you....however being so close to Lake Geneva, there is always sight seeing, shopping and of course eating at one of our many great restaurants in the area to avail yourselves.

Now we can't do much about how you sleep, BUT we can share that we have had some couples visit us, where one of them has had a back issue and is incredibly particular about the mattress and how they will sleep. Usually if it is convenient and they are in the area, they stop and take a tour and try out the different beds and see which one is more comfortable for them.

Usually between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. the rooms that are available for the evening, can be shown to guests and you can "try" out the mattress by lying down on it for a moment or two. It looks like you are in Milwaukee, so you should plan a day, come visit us and see if there is a mattress that is more comfortable for you.

Guess what? we do have 2 traveling TV's that have a DVD player with them.....they are shared between the suites in the cottage where you stayed and the B&B. Did you notice the wall of movies to the right as you checked in, located inside the office for the Inn? There are several romantic movies that you can take to your suite to watch on the traveling TV.

We also do offer free Wi-Fi, and since most of us seem to rarely travel without some sort of tablet, notebook or laptop, many guests take advantage of the Wi-Fi to watch or listen to music or stream movies they have in their queue.

We definitely hope you will come back and visit us, and try us out again!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We loved this place, my husband and I stay here for two nights for our anniversary and it was perfect !

First night we had a little issue with the fire alarm going off but nothing big it got fixed right away, and I'm glad they have those, otherwise we wouldn't had woken up the next morning because of the carbon monoxide !

I highly recommend you get their picnic basket, we got the ribs and they were delicious, plenty of food for 2 people and for 2 days !

Over all we had a great getaway weekend and anniversary, the staff is great they think of everything, house keeping does a good job, and I'm so sorry to say that I forgot to leave them a tip, they really deserve it !

Great place I highly recommend it, we will come back !

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank YadiYe
LakeGenevaLady, Owner at Lazy Cloud Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

We are so glad you visited with us, and had a great time. We do our very best to make each and every guest who visits feel as if they are the only guest we have.

As for that unfortunate alarm going off, although again, Thank Goodness for alarms going off, we traced it back to a fireplace flue that had somehow gotten closed; which is why the detector went off.

I can't recall a single time in the past that that has happened, with the alarm going off. While we certainly hated the fact that you were disturbed by that shrill alarm, we are also so relieved that the safety systems we have in place, do the job they were intended to do.

(As a side note, Tony the head of maintenance did come in and air out the room as well as open the patio doors, and even installed a brand new CO2 detector.)

We couldn't agree with you more on the fact that the picnic basket is both delicious and really does provide enough food for more than one day. What did you think of the honey butter? Our homemade honey butter on that fresh baked loaf of bread is to die for, isn't it???

Again, we are so glad you came and stayed with us and we are looking forward to you visiting with us again, where we promise you won't have any alarms, bells or whistles going off during your stay.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Lazy Cloud staff is awesome, our room was just what we needed to get away and made our 3 day stay even tho it was in the winter, we enjoyed our stay so much we can't wait to go back, The Lazy Cloud Blue room was great can't tell you everything but you won't be disappointed in any of of the rooms, they the management and staff make sure you have that special romance, don't forget to check out the journals and pay attention to the walls for secret messages, just relax and enjoy its what we did and looking so forward to our next stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L

Hi Mark....

We are so glad you enjoyed your 3 days with us....and even though it is winter and even though this has been a winter for the books, there is still something magical and winter wonderlandish about a stay at Lazy Cloud during the long days of winter, isn't there?

Call us romantic, but a blazing and crackling fireplace, a whirlpool filled with bubbles, champagne to drink, from inside your private sanctuary when there is snow lightly falling outside, makes it absolutely magical!

The journals make for a great read and the staff is always available to answer questions, make reservations or just "chew the fat", if that is what guests want.

We can't wait for you to visit us again.....and you don't even need to wait until next winter. You must come and visit us in the summer when everything is in bloom. If winter is a magical time to stay, then summer is truly a breathtaking time to come!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

If you are looking for an oasis of relaxation with your loved one, a time to just focus on each other, this is truly the perfect place. This was our 2nd visit-would love to make this an annual event. The suite is clean and very well kept, such thought and care is put into making your stay very comfortable. This place is a precious treasure!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna C

Thank you Donna for your kind words. We do think of ourselves as a bit of an "oasis" for couples. We want couples to be able to renew, and reconnect with each other.

We know that daily life can chip away at romance, especially with all the demands that everyone has. When folks visit with us at Lazy Cloud we want them to relax and just revel in each other; and it sounds like we achieved that with you.

You must definitely put us on your calendar for a once a year getaway! We have lots of couples who do that so you will be among the best of company!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Northwoods ,very woodsy feeling and just what we like.

The Enchanted Game is very nice and "appropriate". I do not know about any of the other kinds of games they include in their packages, but this one is included (to play) in the room which was nice.

Some people write in a journal and try to find things in the room that are hidden. I thought that was funny!

They make wonderful cinnamon pecan( maybe? walnut) rolls! Get them while they are hot or they aren't as good. They are messy, but such an extra treat!

I do not know if this is "seasonal" or not, but if you request it, they will bring your breakfast to your room. We had that done on our first visit. The second visit we were going to have it done, but decided to go to the main lobby instead.

Some people have different thoughts on this,but while in the lobby, there was a gay couple(two women) that had stayed there. If that makes you feel uncomfortable, maybe ask the front desk(if they would be willing to tell you) if there are any same sex couples staying there at that time or just have your breakfast delivered to your room that morning. You can always visit the lobby later.
Do not get all over me about the "gay thing". Just saying this to let people know what they may or may not expect. We had a great time! We may not think the same as others about this and only think it is fair to mention it to those who may not want to stay because of it and also have an option to stay in their room and have the breakfast delivered if it makes them feel uncomfortable. The place is really nice and we would go back. Thank you and have a great day!

Room Tip: Northwoods has nobody above it or on the sides so you can use the whirlpool after 10:00 pm. Water ge...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
LakeGenevaLady, Owner at Lazy Cloud Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

The Northwoods is definitely one of our most popular suites. It makes you feel like you have traveled up North and evokes a feeling of living in a romantic cabin, doesn’t it?

We do bring breakfasts to the guests ONLY when we have less than 5 suites rented. If we have more than 5 rented, we provide the breakfast buffet for our guests in the main Lodge area. The buffet is served between 9-10:30 a.m.

Guests do have a couple of options with the buffet when it comes to choosing where they will eat it. They can sit and eat with other guests at the dining room table, or they can request a tray with coffee service from the Innkeeper. As the tray is being readied with the coffee/tea and juices, the guests can then help themselves to the items they like from breakfast buffet and take their breakfast tray back to the privacy of their suite. In the warmer weather, many people request a tray and dine outside on one of the patio tables.

Just a quick mention on the sticky buns….in the event they aren’t warm when you arrive to dine, simply ask the Innkeeper to warm them for you. They will be more than happy to do that!!! As for me, I love them hot or cold…..as long as there is coffee nearby, to go with them, life is good!

We are so glad you that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Geneva
#4 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Delavan Lake Resort
Delavan Lake Resort
#4 of 7 in Delavan

Been to Lazy Cloud Inn? Share your experiences!