“Never Book there again”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Cleveland, Ohio
“Never Book there again”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Absolutely the least professional Hotel I have ever had the opportunity to deal with. Our group of 28 golfers were returning for a second strait year. The Hotel unilaterally gave away our 16 rooms to other people. Had we not called with an unrelated question a few days before our scheduled stay, 28 people from all parts of the country would have shown up in a crowded tourist destination with no place to stay. Luckily, the Heritage Inn & Suites, less than 30 minutes away gladly accepted our group and did a very good job accommodating us, given the short notice of our arrival.

Never, ever again would we book at the Comfort Inn - Lake Geneva.....And if you do, be sure to pay the highest rate, or you will risk having your rooms being given away to higher paying customers.

I am a Choice Hotels card holder.....That card will be cut up and thrown away

Room Tip: Choose a room at another Hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Russ P
JohnVH, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your response.

I am sorry that your recent experience with our property was un pleasant. As we had tried to explain to your group - we had blocked off 16 rooms for your group in December for an arrival date of July 18th. This group had a cut off date of June 18th which is 30 days prior to arrival. In the hotel industry this is very standard. This means we hold these rooms until this date. The person who set this group up was to have arooming list with a credit card to hold the reservations by this date. In fact, It was promised by June 15, but the contract date of June 18 was honored. On this date, our system releases any un-picked up rooms and allows others guest to make reservations on them. That is what happened in this situation. On July 7, I received an email stating that your group still required your rooms - at this time the rooms were already sold to other guests. I tried to locate other rooms at a sister property to no avail. I am sorry that your group was left with out rooms on this weekend but it was not with in our reach to take rooms from other guests at this time to accommodate. I do hope that your weekend was pleasant in the end.

Best Regards.

Then Management and Staff of the Comfort Suites of Lake Geneva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel ignored our contact and did not hold the 15 rooms contracted for the previous year. This left 30 people scrambling for rooms a few days before our event. The reason appears that the contract room rate was lower than what could be gotten due to the Country Thunder concert occurring nearby. If a hotel doesn't honor a contract, it doesn't deserve your business.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank LPPeter
Thank you for your response.

Best Regards.

Then Management and Staff of the Comfort Suites of Lake Geneva
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My sister and I just spent 2 glorious days in Lake Geneva while staying at the Comfort Suites. With a variety of breakfast options, a clean and spacious room, and friendly staff in the beautiful Lake Geneva environs... it doesn't get any better than this!

Room Tip: Room 200 is roomy and comfy with a microwave and a mini fridge.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jo S
South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here instead of the hotel with the indoor water park. My children, ages 2 and 4 , loved the indoor pools. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They have a great complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank M0m13
Delavan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 June 2013

There is great care and maintenance at the comfort suites in lake Geneva wi. What I like most other than great hospitality is the pool hours. There pool is open late and open early. I hate going to a hotel just to find out the pool closes at 8 or 9 at nite. I look for a comfort suite first when I am in need of a hotel. I've stayed in delevan lake Geneva and a few in chicogo and I'm never let down.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask if that have a better rate available. Most of the time they can do better...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Edward P
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

Spacious, nice free brk with hot scramble eggs and bacon. Very warm but small pool. Whirlpool in pool area a bit dirty on stairs. Room large hot hot in room keep shorting out. Then the jets started having a mind of its own

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple