“Poor customer service”

Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here in October. On Saturday night of our stay, at 2:00 AM, the hot tub in the room above us overflowed and we had water dripping into our room. I called the front desk to alert them. We spent an hour or so trying to mop up the water ourselves and moving our belongings around to keep them dry. No one checked on our room OR on the room above. We had to turn on the AC to drown out the sound of water dripping into our hot tub from the ceiling. Not much sleep after that! When checking out, we expressed displeasure. The desk agent said the most she could do for us was to take $19 off our bill. We tried to contact a manager through numerous emails and phone calls. No one would talk to us or respond. I sent a private message on their Facebook page. No response. We were very disappointed in the lack of customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie M
TiffinyE, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you very much for your note dated February 20, 2014. After reading your review, I researched and found that your your party stayed on Oct. 11 -13, 2013. I have interviewed staff and maintanence on this and unfortuantely because of the time that has passed their knowledge of this incident is a little dated. However, I have reviewed all the notes that we keep and found that you had some water in your bathroom due to a group in a room directly upstairs above you. My notes show that a group had sprayed some water and it gone down a heating vent and caused some dripping in your bathroom. My staff visited the room and managed the incident. I see that you were ofered to change rooms but due to the hour of the evening you declined - which is completely understandable. Our front desk staff did refund some of your stay back to you. After revisiting the issue, our Operations Manager did an additional refund to you as well. I have sent a message to you personally regarding your future stay with us and hope that we get a chance to earn your business going forward. On behalf of myself and my staff - I would like to apologize again for your stay. It is troubling when an issue arises when your away from home. We strive to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. I do hope we get to see you again. Sincerely - The Staff and Management of the Lake Geneva Comfort Suites

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We were overall pleased with our stay. We loved the different pillows that were on the bed. The staff was helpful with finding the store we were looking for and also with finding us the best take. We would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for comments! Yes -- the NEW pillows are wonderful. Our guests are raving about them. Infact, we have had a complete bedding upgrade. I do hope you visit us again to see the complete new package. Have a great day and thank you again for your note. Best Regards -The Staff and Management of the Lake Geneva Comfort Suites

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is my third time at this hotel. I like this hotel because it's clean, provides a free breakfast and has a nice pool. Staff is courteous and friendly. My son lives the pool and hot tub, very spacious. We don't typically spend a lot of time in our hotel rooms when we visit lake Geneva, so it's a perfect option.
The only suggestions I have is that the heat was inconsistent and the bathroom could use some minor remodeling. But it really didn't bother is too much.
We will defiantly stay at this comfort suites again!!
Hope this helps!

• Stayed: December 2013

Hello and thank you for your comments! I so appreciate it when our guests take the time out of their day to let us know how we are doing. I have passed your comments along to my awesome staff. We curently are making remodeling improvements at our property. We are doing them in stages. Stop back soon. Id love to give you a tour!

Best Regards,

The Staff and Management of the Lake Geneva Comfort Suites

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotels is great. I was here on business in November. It's clean, breakfast sufficient and the pools are great for families. The location in near to downtown Lake Geneva. The price point is great for this area and my stay was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so very much for your comments! I always apprecaiate hearing from our guests. I would like to invite you back on your next travels through our area and let me show you what we have been working on. Lots of new room items -- I love the new pillows! Hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

The Staff and Management of the Lake Geneva Comfort Suites

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at this motel. The clerk who checked us in went out of her way to insure that we had everything we needed during our stay. Her name was Peg and I wanted to make sure that her wonderful attitude is commended. She drew us a little map to direct us on the best way to go to view the grounds of the mansions and even told us where we could park for free. There are parking meters everywhere throughout the main tourist areas, so it's always nice to save a dollar or two when you can.

Breakfast was good with waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt and more. The bed was comfy and the room was quiet. We would definitely recommend this motel for anyone traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, away from the elevator and ice machine and thus very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A friend and I stayed here on a Wednesday night mid-September. The room was only $69.30 due to a 30% off sale. The room had 2 queen beds, a sleeper couch, refrigerator, & microwave.
Room was clean, staff was friendly. The pool opens early so I went swimming before we left for our activities. This hotel has the CLEANEST POOL & HOT TUB I have ever been in - and I've seen a lot! The pool was very warm and the hot tub was hot - loved it! Breakfast was typical.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the first floor near the pool - they said they weren't clean (not sure wh...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy N
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is a very nice hotel ..clean with pleasent outdoor surroundings. Be sure to call ahead. Lake Geneva is a busy town with lot to see and do. Has some great places to eat along with a few Antique shops.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business