“Not Bad”

Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We actually left and came here from the Grand Geneva Resort. We were not impressed with the Grand Geneva for the money it cost. We were able to secure a King Jacuzzi suite room here. The room was a bit dingy, more so the bathroom then anything. The tile could use a refresh. However, honestly I thought this was better then the Grand Geneva Resort. The individual at the front desk was very helpful and super friendly. Unfortunately his name escapes me but thanks for helping us! The pool was very nice, as was the hot tub. It was very quiet and the stay includes breakfast. Overall, it is a better bet for your money then some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lifeadventures2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rude/lazy front desk staff, disgusting bathroom,!! Checked in and I stood and waited at the front desk as two of the staff were having a conversation and could not make eye contact with me or even acknowledge me for over 1 minute.
Our room was hot, AC wasn't working and the safe was closed - not able to put valuables in, when I informed the front staff (Katie) I got a BLANK look and she basically said we will see what we can do about it. When we were gone the AC was "fixed" but not the safe. Room was still never cool enough.
I asked 3 times about the possibility of a late check out; when making the reservation, when checking in (got a BLANK look from Katie) and then the morning of - always got a weak answer until the morning of where we were told they couldn't accommodate us for 2 MORE HOURS - check out was 11 and we needed to change for a wedding at 1pm then leave.
What is so sad is the property is close to downtown Lake Geneva, walking is easy (about 20 minutes) and they could have a nice establishment but the "hotel" is run down and dirty. They claim it is across the street from a country club but that closed down years ago and the land is overgrown. Would never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank susan s
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently booked, and paid for two rooms for Friday and Saturday using Priceline's Name your Price feature naming Ruth for the second room.

I called CS to request queen beds, and "Ryan" informed me that Priceline forbids them from changing bed types. Further conversation with "Ryan" proved fruitless - I gave up, emailed Priceline through their website and received no response. According to priceline, there is no restriction on bed-type.

Ruth couldn't make it up on Friday, so I checked into one of my rooms, but was not allowed to check in to the second room, even though it was paid for by me and part of my single trip and Priceline itinerary. (I understand that this is for security and staff following rules, but it is irritating it is to have paid for a room that you know is going to lie empty). I explained to "Ryan" that Ruth would be there tomorrow to check in. Ryan was smug, triumphant, and seemd to enjoy telling me how screwed I was. And as we have established, wrong on the bed type issue.

When Ruth tried to checkin on Saturday, we were informed that the reservation was cancelled, and that no rooms were available. I asked about the conversation from Friday, and I was told there were no notes.

We crammed our 6 people into a king bed and a sleeper couch on Saturday, and I was out of pocket for two nights in a hotel room I had paid for and been prevented from using due to the incompetence, misinformation, and anti-customer attitude of the reception staff at Lake Geneva Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Run, just run.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank MatthewDyer
Reviewed 4 May 2014

There on business, I just wanted to get to my room and sleep. Very nice, clean and quiet. Restaurants are close by, as well as grocery store and shopping. Staff was helpful, will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ks714
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Booked a King size room for one night getaway on weekend in April for $94.
Arrived early (1:00pm) and went to the front desk to let them know I was there and didn't expect a room so early. I just wanted to leave the car there while I walked around downtown. The lady at the front desk said "Oh, we have a room ready. Let's check you in." GREAT!
All of the property is taken care of very well - not shabby and very clean: the lobby, breakfast area, pool, fitness center, business center, hallways. Our room was spotless with all amenities in excellent working order: hair dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator, heat/air, wireless. We were in room 230, 2nd floor in back - quiet, too. Great location for a smoker to walk down the stairs and outside the back door to smoke.

The free breakfast buffet was fantastic in the morning: make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, Danish, muffins, hot sausage links, milk, coffee, juices, oatmeal, yogurt. The attendant quickly cleaned up and restocked all during the meal time 6:30a-9:30a.

If you are looking to get away from the city on an inexpensive weekend, this is the place to stay. It's a bit of a walk downtown so you will probably want to use your car and then park at the free parking lot north of the police station and walk around.

We enjoyed eating at Grandma's Vickie's (across the street from the popular "Simple" restaurant. "Simple" had a 30 minute wait to get into lunch at 1:30pm on a Saturday so we just got right in at Grandma Vickie's. Had a good Chicken Wrap sandwich there - big one.)
We had supper at Gino's East on the water. Fantastic pizza (12 inch is enough for 2 people and side salad is $2.50 but not on menu). It has a nice, relaxed atmosphere. The Wisconsin Final Four game was on all of the TV's - good for sports events. I suggest going earlier than 7:00pm.

April 5 was too chilly to do the walk around the Lake but it was sunny and great for walking downtown and taking a drive around the Lake. Seeing all of the mansions around the Lake - wow.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WisconsinHazelnut
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a really nice hotel. My girlfriend and I stayed here on the night of NYE. Beautiful hotel! They staff was really helpful, the room was amazing, and we really enjoyed their breakfast. Oh, the pool, I almost forgot about that. Having a great pool and whirlpool area is a major thing for us when traveling. The one at this hotel definitely met and exceeded our expectations!

We will stay here every time we travel to Lake Geneva, this place cannot be beat!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here in October. On Saturday night of our stay, at 2:00 AM, the hot tub in the room above us overflowed and we had water dripping into our room. I called the front desk to alert them. We spent an hour or so trying to mop up the water ourselves and moving our belongings around to keep them dry. No one checked on our room OR on the room above. We had to turn on the AC to drown out the sound of water dripping into our hot tub from the ceiling. Not much sleep after that! When checking out, we expressed displeasure. The desk agent said the most she could do for us was to take $19 off our bill. We tried to contact a manager through numerous emails and phone calls. No one would talk to us or respond. I sent a private message on their Facebook page. No response. We were very disappointed in the lack of customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie M
TiffinyE, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you very much for your note dated February 20, 2014. After reading your review, I researched and found that your your party stayed on Oct. 11 -13, 2013. I have interviewed staff and maintanence on this and unfortuantely because of the time that has passed their knowledge of this incident is a little dated. However, I have reviewed all the notes that we keep and found that you had some water in your bathroom due to a group in a room directly upstairs above you. My notes show that a group had sprayed some water and it gone down a heating vent and caused some dripping in your bathroom. My staff visited the room and managed the incident. I see that you were ofered to change rooms but due to the hour of the evening you declined - which is completely understandable. Our front desk staff did refund some of your stay back to you. After revisiting the issue, our Operations Manager did an additional refund to you as well. I have sent a message to you personally regarding your future stay with us and hope that we get a chance to earn your business going forward. On behalf of myself and my staff - I would like to apologize again for your stay. It is troubling when an issue arises when your away from home. We strive to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. I do hope we get to see you again. Sincerely - The Staff and Management of the Lake Geneva Comfort Suites