“Holiday Inn Club vacations at Grand Geneva Resort”

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Lake Geneva Resort
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The staff was really great. We especially enojoyed the Tea Time experience, the Christmas Lights Trolley trip, the relaxed vacation like atmosphere through the resort area, and the multitude of choices for activities. We were really looking forward to the Wine tasting experience but unfortunately it was cancelled since they did not have the minimum (5) for the group. They gave us complementary drink vouchers, which we thought was a very nice touch.
We are looking forward to coming back in February.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank V1373ETJamesH
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Lake Geneva Resort

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I enjoyed the stay. The grounds were nice. It is extremely quiet there. This is a former Playboy resort. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Club Resorts, which is just a strip of about 5 buildings on the premises of a larger resort. There is golf and horseback riding. I would return for the peacefulness of the resort at the time we traveled. The city of Lake Geneva has a tremendous amount of boutique shops! Loved it, shopped 2 days and still didn't visit all the boutiques.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite - OMG the room we had!! On one side of the suite there was a bedroom with a jacuzzi tub and separate toilet, vanity and shower. Also in the bathroom in a closet were stackable washers and dryers. There was a hall closet on entry for coats which included an ironing board and vacuum. Full kitchen!! including garbage disposal and fridge with ice maker. Living room had IPOD speakers and stereo, desk, chair and ottoman and sofa sleeper. Balcony access had two chairs and a small patio snack table. Gas fireplace kept the room nice and toasty! Adjoining was an additional living room, much the same, but without the fireplace. Kitchenette, hall closet, bedroom and bathroom with tub and shower. It had a washer and dryer as well. They also had a balcony with seating. We went with another couple and the accomodations were first rate, each offering its own privacy. Since we went in November, we did not need the outdoor pool that is at this property, but instead used the indoor pool at Grand Geneva Lodge. It was very nice and we had access to all it's amenities. The grounds are very nice. Drawback is we had to drive there so we also had to lug our clothing. Had to "check in/out" at Grand Geneva Lodge as well, so it seemed like we were always stopping there. Would be nice if the Vacation Club could have it's own desk for issues/check in. Room was exceptionally clean - would definitely love to come back when we can use the outdoor pool. If you are traveling on a budget, might want to go to town for dining. Found the lodge dining to be very expensive, especially for a family. Our rooms in building 5 overlooked the golf course which was still very pretty and well kept.

Room Tip: Seems buildings 5 & 6 are newer and you access all rooms from inside. Building 1-4 have outside...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kalibritt
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I want to preface my review by saying my hubby and I just got here last night for our honeymoon and although it looks a bit motel-ish on the outside and I am not fond of any ground level dwellings (be it apartment or hotel room) our deluxe suite is super cute! Very clean, it has a living room area, kitchen complete with stove and dishwasher, 2 TVs, and 2 sinks so we don't have to share. The front door opens to the parking lot but it made it extremely easy to bring in our luggage. So far so good right?....WRONG! I know you are wondering why I am writing a review after only one night and I have 3 more nights to go. Well, the ultra thin walls and noise is what has me sitting up, wide awake before I would like to be in my Pjs. The 1st occurrence was at 7am this morning. We are fast asleep in bed and all of the sudden we hear a woman yelling and crying. We can make out every word, that's how loud she was and displays how thin the walls are. It was clearly a lovers quarrel. As the hubby and I muttered explicit language under our breathe and tried to fall back to sleep, we heard a loud BOOM as if someone got thrown to the ground or into the wall so I immediately call the front desk who then send over security. Why did security knock on my door, however, to ask where the noise was coming from because they didn't hear anything. I told them either directly above us or next door, go check!!! WTH, someone could be bleeding somewhere. Why are you at my door? Anywho, they tell my husband they will stay in the area....ok, whatever dude. So the noise stops. We drift back to sleep and we hear commotion over our head almost 2hrs later and we soon figure out its the cleaning people. They are dropping stuff left and right, vacuuming, dropping stuff, vacuuming, dragging dead bodies, dropping stuff, running, stomping and doing cartwheels, vacuuming....you get the drift. Sounded like 10 people in a mosh pit over my head at 9am (be mindful we checked in late and went to bed after 2am). Is this the twilight zone?? It is now a little past 10am and as much as I would like to just start my day and explore Lake Geneva, I'm going to try to lay back down because I'm SLEEPY! Beautiful space, thin walls. Lets hope I don't have to have words with anyone in the coming days about disturbing my beauty sleep because I would hate to come out a bag on my honeymoon.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor if possible so no one is over your head. That won't help with noise...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee J
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed 2 weeks at this resort and had a wonderful time. I telephoned from Scotland, in advance of our stay, to ask for information and this was accurate and given in a welcoming and friendly manner. Our apartment was spacious, clean and well equipped and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate at the café and the Chop House.

We were given the option of a cleaning service and when we asked for some of the consumables to be replaced, because we had run out, we received them immediately.

We happily recommend the Holiday Inn Club Vacations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alastair N
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I decided to go to the HICV @ Grand Geneva for a 3 night getaway to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. The only reason I even gave this place 2 stars is because the Grand Geneva was a nice property with excellent staff and services. However, the Holiday Inn building is completely separate (not even walking distance) and is for lack of a better word, a DUMP! We stayed in building 5, 4th floor and I wanted to leave the moment we walked in our room. We were supposed to have a "Deluxe Room" with a whirlpool. What we got was a small, shabby room with dirty carpet, stained, low ceilings and lots of flying bugs. The plates had crusty food on them in the cupboard, the room was not what we were shown in pictures and not what we reserved. I called the club 800 number because the front desk said that they couldn't help us. When I called they also told me that they couldn't help us and that all Deluxe rooms were booked because of . . . .Columbus Day! Who celebrates Columbus Day?! This room was actually depressing, that's how bad it was. The cable was basic (not even expanded basic like we have at home) and the walls are so thin you could hear your neighbors TV and them laughing at it. The resort had many activities but we weren't able to partake in any of them because everything cost $50.00-100.00 for a couple, Horse back riding, the water park, everything and that was in town as well. Lake Geneva is a HUGE rip off. NOTHING is included at this place accept the indoor/outdoor pool (don't go in cooler months as there is only 1 indoor pool and it is nothing special) and hot tub. This trip was so awful that we left a night early. Be warned this place is disgusting and unless you have A LOT of spending money you cannot go do the activities you would need to do to make up for it. We spent 200.00 on our anniversary meal at The Geneva Chop House and that was normal. Save yourself the headache and money and go to The Lake Lawn Lodge if you want to be in the Lake Geneva area. It is beautiful, affordable and way more enjoyable! Lesson learned! Oh and 1 other fun little thing, The 36$ cleaning charge collected at the end of your stay. Wonder what they spend that on as the room was a -1 out of 5.

Room Tip: Don't stay in building 5 on the 4th floor!!!! Lots of bugs & dirty!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katharine F
Ashley U, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Lake Geneva Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We truly appreciate hearing from all of our guests. We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Our housekeeping staff thoroughly inspects and cleans each unit in-between guests but we apologize if they may have missed something. We appreciate you letting our staff know .However, we do apologize that our units were full due to a long-holiday weekend. You are correct that our resort is not an all-inclusive resort. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Good location quiet place if you want to get some r & r. My husband and I enjoyed the stay at the Holiday Inn Building #3. On the down side, not a lot of movie selections to choose. Overall we got what we came for at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Make sure you book your spa treatments ahead of time or at the time of booking. I tried after I arri...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Welcome home from your vacation with us. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon for more vacation fun.