“Good food but in need of an update!”
Review of Red Geranium

Red Geranium
Ranked #29 of 97 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I adore those iconic old restaurants that have stood the test of time, but they need to evolve!
While clean, tidy and service oriented, the menu is a throw back to the 60's.
We went for the Friday fish fry and the food was really good. It's just the general vibe of being in grandmas dining room that threw us off. This place needs a design shake up!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

excellent fish with tasty potato pancakes
Reasonable pricing
Courteous wait staff
Excellent location

1  Thank danncarolp
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My first experience dining at the Red Geranium was not a good one. I would like to say that the waitress that we had was very good and the service was excellent. The meal started out with a salad, which was good. My intent was to order the white fish. It was not available and a grouper was substituted. It was probably the worst piece of fish that I have ever had in a restaurant. I should have had them take it back, but chocked it down. It had a very fishy taste with a mushy, what was supposed to be crust topping. Nothing like the Grouper that I had in Destin, Florida in December. It was accompanied with a small side of vegetables and a miniscule order of potatoes (not much more than a taste, I think they were rationing them). I thought that the meal was very skimpy for $24.00. I did like the waitress and the atmosphere. However, based on the quality and the quantity of the food I probably will not dine there again.

1  Thank FWynnB
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Ordered the 2 meals for $28. Chicken Marsala was a 3" length chicken breast with congealed "gravy" on small mushroom pieces. The Poorman's lobster was 4 bites, chewy, and tasted like it had been previously frozen. We both had the same sides but the portion sizes was not the same. The waitress said she would bring a little dessert and little it was. No bread, no drinks, no salad, no cup of soup with the which would have added value to the meal. We had to season our food with salt and pepper for flavor. We didn't have to calculate the tip, they already have it printed on the receipt for you. Not going back.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Delightful luncheon on a sunny pourch. We had a totally unruhed lunch with a very pleasant wait staff. A very warm atmosphere while viewing a panoramic winter scene. And, by the way, thhe food was ample and very good.

1  Thank David J