Lake Geneva Motel
The Ridge Hotel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$103
Groupon.com
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva East(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$102
ComfortSuites
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$121
US$178
US$171
Travelocity
Mill Creek Hotel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$149
Inns Of Geneva National(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$148
TripAdvisor
Geneva Inn(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$122
Hotels.com
Maxwell Mansion(Lake Geneva)
TripAdvisor
Bella Vista Suites(Lake Geneva)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswithin walking distancea wonderful staylakepillowsrefrigeratorcarpetingsummerwisconsingenevagetaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Great place in the summer .... not so good in winter.
Heater for room is very loud and sounds like a jet engine on start up.
It goes on and off all night. Each time it starts up, it scares the cxap out of you.
Blankets on bed were thin and insufficient to keep warm. No additional blankets were in the room. Had to wear pants, sweater and hat to bed to stay warm.
Thought the price was going to be low but it was a special weekend and it was $89. discounted to $79.

Room Tip: This is only a good deal in summer.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank navcdr
Reviewed 26 September 2011

You don't need to spend over $250 a night in order to find a place to stay in the Lake Geneva area. With a staff that has elevated being friendly to an artform, and clean rooms, this make a great alternative to the large facilities around Lake Geneva. Within walking distance to the downtown, and a short ride to any point on the lake, it is a great place to stay. The pool was being repaired, but to be expected it was the end of the season. Plenty of parking, even accommodating boat trailers, with free Dish network. Yes, you aren't getting The Abbey, but you're also saving $200 a night that you can spend on spas and dinners if you want to. Grounds have plenty of shade trees, and places to sit outside and enjoy the weather and stars. Owner was extremely accommodating when I had to check in at nearly midnight, offered a discount for a multiple-night stay, and had a smile every time I saw him. Definitely coming back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Postmarc
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The grounds and location were very nice. Within walking distance to downtown area, however, we drove while we were there and had no trouble finding non-metered parking. The room was pretty clean and quite spacious with a dining area, sitting area and wardrobe area--more like a cottage than a hotel room--but everything was very outdated. And by very outdated, I mean most of the room probably hadn't been touched since the 70s (i.e. yellow sink). Lots of bugs started hanging out in the bathroom after the first night. Pool was overly chlorinated but definitely more enjoyable than the room. We paid $69 the first night, $109 the second night and they were booked. Definitely not worth a hundred bucks in our opinion.
We assume people are so impressed with the area that they'll pay for location alone. While we found Geneva Lake to be super clean and very beautiful, we were generally underwhelmed with the town (Lake Geneva) itself.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tnr_traveler
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Boyfriend and I stayed at the motel for his 30 year class reunion. We were not expecting anything grand as the price was rather cheap howerer, the room smelled so musty I cound not sleep so after being in bed about 1 hour I got up to read and then WOW I saw the bugs...on the sheets,on the matress pad as well as in the corners of the sheets my boyfriend took pictures!!!! The management (gentleman) was very nice and apologetic, even helped us find a diffrent room elsewhere(midnight). I realize this problem has nothing to do with cleanliness it is something that just happens,however in my attempts to talk with the management(woman) after retuning home as I wanted to be sure not to bring them into my home and wanted to know what the exterminator had said about the treatment, I was blown off and told it was nothing to worry about!!!This bedbug problem has become a very big problem in the United States and I am very concerned about the owners lack of concern! Room 107 check for bugs!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank cynpen
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The rates were very inexpensive which left us a little apprehenisve at first - however the rooms though out dated were clean, the bed was comfortable. The frig, microwave and coffee pot all worked. The grounds were very nice and well kept. Lots of grass and flowers and shady places to sit outside. The pool was nice and clean and heated. The owners of the motel extremely friendly and helpful. We were very surprised how much we enjoyed our stay and how walkable everything is. Within 10 minutes you can walk downtown. Definitely not the Hilton, but truly a decent place to lay your head on the pillow at night.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple