“Disappointing”
Review of Lake Geneva Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Geneva
Lake Geneva Motel
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Illinois
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We were disappointed at the condition of the motel. We stayed in the cottage with two bedrooms, which is priced rather high. The rooms are small with very little dresser space. In one of the bedrooms the door does not close at all – you would have to rearrange the bed in order to close the door. In the other bedroom the mattress was in such bad condition that it practically sank when one person was on the bad. We were so uncomfortable the first night that we decided to sleep on the floor. The bathroom is very tiny, and the shower would not accommodate any person above 150 pounds – very little room to turn around. In order to make coffee I had to place the coffee maker on the floor next to the outlet – the cord is short and not possible to plug in from the original place. The pool is small and not very clean – you can see a ring of dirt on the edge of the pool. I doubt anyone would like to let their kids swim in this pool. Overall the facility is old and worn out. We would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank padmeil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago
Reviewed 8 July 2009

The hotel was clean and great for people on a budget. It had the necessities we needed and some added perks like a coffee pot and complimentary coffee. As well as very nice owners who were very accomdating. The room was clean, well kept, and cozy. The pool is kind of small but the price of the motel makes up for it. It's not a top notch hotel but defintely great if you want something simple and clean. We would go again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trendystargirl
CHICAGO, IL
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Reprehensible, undependable, and repugnant are just three words that come to mind when I think of the Lake Geneva Motel, a low-rent emulation of the Bates Motel. b

After reading a review here on Trip Advisor and visiting their website, I began email correspondence with Zakia Pirazada, the Motel owner about the exact date and length, rate, and availability for our family trip. After making the reservation over eight weeks in advance by providing a valid credit card with another owner, Zuber, I was advised that in order to cancel they must be notified seven days in advance. Having no intentions of canceling, I again emailed Zakia five days in advance to again confirm, and she replied with my confirmation. Additionally, I phoned her early the day of our arrival to confirm the check-in time, and notified her we were eagerly anticipating our arrival.

When our family of four arrived, I suggested they go play in the pool while I checked us into the Motel, which was appeared dated and run down. When I entered the office and advised Zakia who I was, she preparedly told me she had given our room away. Confused, I asked why and she explained to me that I had given her an incorrect credit card number. After inquiring why she did not discuss this with me earlier in the day, or prior to our arrival, she began to berate me about experiences they had with past guests doing this deliberately so that if they then decided to upgrade to a better hotel they would note charged for the cancellation. We needed the room, and I explained to her we had two children with us and if there was anything that could be done to rectify the situation, I would be willing to work with her on it. She was unworkable, and continued to accuse us of having done this intentionally and maliciously, all the while pointing accursedly at me. When I asked her if it was possible that Zuber had written down the deposit number incorrectly, she rebuked and criticized the notion, and flat out told me there was nothing she would do. Throughout this entire altercation not once was any apology offered from management, and as one other reviewer alluded to, she was not at all concerned about our business, safety, or comfort, but rather her analysis of their previous company. Another guest, who so happened to hear this case, offered to switch out his room with any vacant one to help get us accommodated, but Zakia vehemently refused, and told me to “go away.” This put us all in an uncomfortable situation, and with no solution in sight, I hoped this was not a warning about the Lake Geneva locals.

Stunned and upset, it became clear she was desperate to fill the vacancy it didn't matter whose vacation their hotel ruined. I reviewed my email confirmation and explained what had occurred to my boyfriend, and when we returned to the office to face the situation together, an enraged Zakia threatened to call the police because my boyfriend and our twin daughters were using the pool without being confirmed guests. Distressed was not how we all wanted to be on our vacation, so we immediately left and easily found clean, hospitable accommodations down the street.

Arguably, it is unfortunate that the owners of this “Roach Motel” have become jaded and argumentative as a result of previous guests, but their behavior spoke from a much darker and malevolent place. Inescapably, skip this dump at all costs. The Lake Geneva area is so fabulous that there is no need to subject anyone to this kind of prejudice.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank JAMESGORDON75
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 2 August 2008

Having never been to Lake Geneva, WI, my husband, our daughter, her boyfriend and I were nervous:... did we pick the right place, will we get what we asked for? We went online to find the motel, but then contacted them by phone to make our reservations. The lady I spoke with on the phone was very knowledgeable in making our reservations and answering all of the questions I had.
We were surprised when we arrived and we really enjoyed our stay!
This little motel is a nice and very peaceful place. The location is perfect, within walking distance of lake and everything else and has plenty of parking. The motel may not have all the bells and whistles of the BIG hotels, nothing fancy, but we loved the homey atmosphere. If you are spoiled and are used to having rooms with more fluff, then you may want to upgrade to a more expensive hotel.
The rooms are basic but large, very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping service was prompt every day. Everything was in working order - micro fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and TV. Air-Conditions are brand new and very quiet. The bathroom and especially shower area is pretty small, but is perfectly clean.
The pool is not Olympic size, however is sparklingly clean as well. It was open until 10pm and you can always find empty chairs and fresh pool towels.
Front yard has few BBQ areas with new charcoal grills and new wooden benches. We enjoyed our BBQ dinners under night sky stars and our morning coffee on the veranda. There were no loud voices, music or cars. We were comfortable and had a good sleep.
The staff was efficient, helpful and genuine in their desire that our stay be pleasant.
It was wonderful, relaxing getaway at a GREAT price!
If you are looking for a simple place to stay, if you appreciate cleanliness, hospitality and convenience, and if you want peace and quiet at affordable price, I highly recommend the Lake Geneva Motel!

• Liked — Cleanliness, peaceful atmosphere, reasonable price
  • Disliked — The size of shower-bath
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Alison2002
Griffith Indiana 46319
Reviewed 21 June 2008

I looked at the review on the website regarding this motel. The "fisherman" who reviewed it said it was such a wonderful place. The website showed pictures of the pool, etc.
When we got there, it had stormed and there was no electricity. The pool was in the front yard of the tiny motel rooms, and it was super small with a fence around it. Nothing like the picture. The hotel desk clerk was insisting that we stay and wait for the power to come back on. We did not check in and went to town to eat. Hours later we checked back and there still was no power. The clerk said she would understand that we would seek other accommodations, but that we needed to return the next day, as we had made reservations for 2 days. We explained that was impossible. She was more concerned about the motel than our inconvenience. The motel is a small, NO FRILLS, place that would not be where you would want to spend time pampering yourself. I would not recommend it for anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway, there are many beautiful hotels in town.

Stayed June 2008
2 Thank travelingkim80
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 1 July 2007

The Lake Geneva Area is only about 1 to 1 1/2 hours away from Chicago
for a quick impromtu vacation or even a fishing trip on Lake Geneva or Lake Delavan. I've been staying here on fishing trips for the past
12-14 years and the service and rooms are outstanding and extremely reasonable for Lake Geneva.

The cottages are very upscale and all include refrigerators and cable
t.v. For a fishing trip you are only about 10-12 minutes from Linn Pier on Lake Geneva and about 10-12 minutes from Lake Delavan, both premier trophy fishing lakes in Wisconsin!!

The motel rooms also come with refrigerators and are always clean and well-kept! The new owners are very friendly and greet me by my first name. I've been to the top cottage resorts in Door County and the Lake Geneva Motel rates up with the best of them for service, cleanliness, value, and hospitality.

Best of all, the motel is walking distance to downtown Lake Geneva--a brisk walk of only about 3-4 blocks!!

Five Stars*****It's Pure Paradise!!!!! Best Kept Secret in Lake Geneva!!!

• Liked — Location, cable TV, comfortable beds, not noisy, very airy, cook out outside cottage
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business