“Best bathroom ever”
Review of SevenOaks

SevenOaks
Ranked #1 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The bathroom alone makes this a five star stay: heated floor and towels; bathtub big enough for my 6'2" husband to sit comfortably; fluffy towels and robes; and a 3-shower head blast of hot water!

It's a great alternative to a traditional hotel room with complete quiet and privacy. The cottage was cozy and warm and the bed was very comfortable. Add in wine and cheese upon arrival and what else is there to say?

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We just got back from our weekend at SevenOaks. It was amazing, We went to celebrate our first anniversary. It was nice and quiet and romantic. It was nice to have a place where children and pets aren't allowed. The room was perfect. We received a bottle of wine and cheese platter upon arrival. Also the heated floors in the bathroom were turned on and the cottage was nice and toasty. A major plus for me was that while it was a B & B everyone had their own space and individual cottages. When you check in they ask what time you would like breakfast delivered in the morning and when it arrives it is a tray full of options, all of which are delicious. They also have a very large selection of DVDs for you to borrow if you wish. The office staff was great! We called a few times over the weekend for a few things and they had things ready for us within minutes. We felt like we were at a B&B like you see in TV and movies.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I wholeheartedly agree with all the great reviews. We stayed in the Windsor for a romantic fall weekend getaway from the Twin Cities. The rate is outside what I would normally spend but was worth it.
Since everyone has already hit most of the main points I'll throw in a couple of details from my checklist for a good spot. Comfortable bed, check. Good water pressure in shower, check. Luxurious linens/towels, check (love the robes). Has own tankless water heater so plenty of hot water (to fill up that giant tub). Comfortable furniture (no thud when you sit on the couch!), check.

Plan to come back, check.

Room Tip: If you are arriving at night you'll have to look carefully for the small understated Seven Oaks...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our stay was one night on the way to Chicago, and we look forward to coming back. We enjoyed the shops and old homes of Lake Geneva, but the highlight was our stay in the Ascot at SevenOaks. Greeted with wine and cheese, a fireplace which we used while watching movies on a cold evening, charming and comfortable bed, but the bathroom topped it all. My wife could have spent the whole stay in there! Check it out - you won't regret it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keys2manor
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

This marks my 6th stay at Seven Oaks. My husband and I first stayed at Seven Oaks the spring they first opened, years later, we still love it, for endless reasons.

- Cozy, well kept, private cottages. Why go to a hotel when you can have your own little home?
- A delish continental breakfast: toasted croissants, cereal, oatmeal, danishes, freshly sliced fruits and berries, and orange juice
- Fully stocked and up-to-date library of DVDs to borrow during your stay
- A deep jet powered tub, large enough for 2
- Heated bathroom floors, towel rack and toilet seat (who doesn't love a warm tush?
- FREE wifi
- And so much more...

Need I go on?

- Perfectly situated near downtown but a little off the beaten path
- Walking distance to the lake and Main St.
- And let's face it, how awesome is it to support a small independently owned business?!?

Leon and Amanda have done wonders with this property and we look forward to staying here for years to come. There is NO WHERE else we stay when in Lake Geneva.

And my personal fav, I get to play dog owner while here and walk the owner's cavalier spaniels, Monte and Scooby, as much as I want.

Like I said, perfection, period.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 16 October 2013

After reading so many great reviews about Seven Oaks, my expectations were high. Every one of those expectations were exceeded during our stay. We spent two days in the Canterbury unit and it was very cozy. It had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (perfect mattress, high quality linens, etc). We also enjoyed the fireplace, whirlpool bath, and heated bathroom features.

It was such a relaxing getaway and we can't wait to go back. It's evident that the owners take great pride in providing a memorable stay to every customer. This is THE PLACE to stay in Lake Geneva!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

LOVE!! Found this wonderful place online and fell in love! My husband and I wanted to getaway for the weekend for our 10 year anniversary with no real plans to go or do anything but just be with each other, since we have 3 kiddos at home. From the moment we got there we were well taken care of and the property is so lovely. Our cottage was the Windsor cottage, which was meant to be since our daughter was learning about William the Conqueror! Anyway, the cottage/suite was wonderful. The wine and cheese plate were great, the "continental" breakfast was also wonderful and delivered at the time we wanted every morning- LOTS of fresh fruit, FRESH/HOT croissants, cereal, muffins, juice, coffee, milk. There was a lot and we were full afterward. The bathroom was my favorite though, lovely vanity, the whirlpool tub was large and relaxing, heated floors/toilet seat and towel rack and a huge shower with body spouts as well! The bed was perfect for sleeping as well. I also loved that you could help yourself to the vast selection of DVD's. The cottage was also just a short jaunt to the lake, we drove in case we had shopping bags to bring back but you could easily walk. All in all, a wonderful place to stay and we will definitely be back! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Room Tip: I do believe the Windsor cottage is the only one with a blue ray dvd player.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple