I stayed at this hotel a year ago and liked it enough to book it again even though the rate was quite high. When I looked at my receipt I saw a $10 "internet" fee. I checked my confirmation information but didn't see this mentioned anywhere. When I talked to the manager about this, she said, yes, when you book online you are charged an additional $10 PER DAY. I told her I booked directly through the hotel not a third party. She said, the 800 number and the internet connect you to the managing company rather than the hotel directly. Then I told her that I had within the hour checked on the very nice hotel 3 doors down, the Belle Vista, and the rate for a lakefront room was $30 cheaper. She indicated it is difficult to reach the hotel directly to get the best rates and handed me her card. That's way too complicated and I indicated such. She said all this is frustrating for her as the manager.
As for the room, it was nice, clean and well appointed. The complimentary breakfast was basic but basic is fine! However, everything was extra and for the high rate I would have thought they could pop for a newspaper. Parking is convenient and the location is great, directly across from the lake. Gino's, an authentic Chicago pizza restaurant, is attached to the hotel and is quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Toll Free Reservations: 888-746-7371 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Shores On Lake Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Best Western Hotel Lake Geneva
- Best Western Lake Geneva
- Lake Geneva Best Western