“Nice comfortable room!”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Green Bay, WI
“Nice comfortable room!”
Reviewed 6 August 2009

This Best Western must have undergone some updating. The room is very clean and comfortable. We did have a lake view, but overlooked the roof which wasn't the best because of the trash laying around.
Staff was courteous. Continental breakfast was acceptable.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
harborshoreslg, Sales Associate at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear renty,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. While we are no longer a Best Western Hotel, our standards of service remain the same and we are constantly working to update and modernize our guest rooms to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible during their stay with us. I apologize that you had to see garbage on the roof just below your balcony. We try as hard as we possibly can to have our maintenance staff make sure that our property is maintained and as clean as possible, unfortunatly, during the busy summer months, we are not able to address that particular area as quickly as we would like. In the future, if you or any guest wants to go onto their balcony to enjoy our amazing views and garbage is seen, please let our front desk staff know immediatly so that we are able to get it taken care of. We want you to enjoy your experience as much as possible! In the future, when making a reservation, feel free to request a room farther down the hall so that when we are making room assignments the night before your arrival, we are able to accommodate such requests to the best of our ability.

Thank you again for choosing Harbor Shores for your stay in Lake Geneva. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Sales Associate, Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Warrenville
Reviewed 27 May 2009

My wife and I love Lake Geneva, I've Stayed at Harbor Shores for my Honeymoon and went back a few months later in January for my birthday.

When I first booked the room I wasn't sure about the location at the time so when we got to our room we found that it faced the back overlooking the parking lot, not being able to see the lake at all with no balcony. I went back down stairs and explained to the front desk that it was my honeymoon and if there was anything that could be done about facing the lake. They helped me, got a fourth floor room over looking the lake with a balcony which we spent time out there relaxing. Loved it

A couple things that I wasn't crazy about is that during the summer people go to LG for fun. The people above us where a loud party crowd, but they seemed to vanish after a while plus the beds aren't the best. They also are pretty loud when you lay down or get up. So expect for thin walls and uncomfortable beds the hotel was very nice. Plus stay away from the orange juice they provide for breakfast, high acid content that could remove a 20 year old oil stain off your drive way.

The Hotel is REAL close to downtown and the lake is right across the street. Starbucks is right down the street.

Love Harbor Shores, just wish it was a tad cheaper and we'd go back more and more.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Dear ChicagoPhil2000,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We are thrilled that you chose us for your honeymoon! I am happy to hear that you made us aware of the special occasion so that we were able to upgrade you to a lakeview room to enjoy the amazing view! I am sorry that you weren't comfortable in our beds during your stay, however we have and continue to make updates to our guest rooms, including linens and mattresses. The summer months are a busy time for us and we host guests of all varieties, whether it be groups of friends looking for a good time, families or couples looking for a little getaway. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests and if you or any of our guests experience any disturbances, we simply ask that you notify the front desk so that we are able to address the situation.

I am happy that you found our close proximity to downtown Lake Geneva convenient during your stay. Nothing makes us happier than being able to offer our guests the convenience of all our beautiful town has to offer just steps from our front door!

We thank you again for choosing Harbor Shores and look forward to assisting you in making reservations for any future visits to the Lake Geneva area.

Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Stayed one night due to a car breakdown. Staff was very nice and helpful as we tried to sort our situation out. Very reasonably priced ($65) for a non-lakeview room and a last-minute reservation. Convenient to downtown shops and restaurants. Hotel was very clean, just not very exciting.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Dear luuluu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. While your circumstances were unfortunate and your stay was short, it is our hope that in the future you will give Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva the chance to exceed your expectations, and stay with us again should you return to Lake Geneva. I'm glad our friendly staff was able to assist and make things a little easier for you while you were sorting things out with your vehicle.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Atlanta
Reviewed 31 March 2009

The location of this Best Western is ideal, with the Lake and the town within walking distance. Our room had a lake view - alas, the restaurant rooftop dominated our view. Our King room was $103, with refrig, microwave, extra sink and a few dishes. They only serve b'fast until 9am, even on weekends. We arrived at 8:50am and saw scant offerings with NOTHING that we wanted - even the fruit was pitiful. And nothing says "budget accommodations" like artificial creamer to "lighten" cheap coffee.

The front desk was nice to print us Mapquest directions to O'Hare.

For us, Best Western is an unpredictable experience.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear AtlantaJune,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our amazing views, however, in the future, should you choose to make a reservation with us, please feel free while making your reservation, to request a room down the hall, as this will put you farther away from the restaurant rooftop. When rooms are assigned the night before your arrival, we will do our best to accommodate your request. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with our continental breakfast. In the future, please feel free to ask our staff as they would be happy to offer suggestions to several restaurants that are just a short, beautiful walk from our front door.

Please note, we are no longer a Best Western Hotel. Our staff continues to uphold the highest standards of service and we strive to continuously update and modernize our guest rooms, offering the highest levels of comfort possible for our guests.

Thank you for choosing Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva. We look forward to assiting you in making reservations with us again should you visit Lake Geneva in the future.

South Elgin, IL
Reviewed 20 August 2008

The hotel was not dirty, but needs some updating. The bed was terribly uncomfortable, and for some reason resembled a full size rather than the declared queen size. For a hotel with only 6 levels, I felt like I was waiting for an elevator in a 30 floor building. The two elevators took absolutely forever! We could hear the family above us running around too, so the floors/ceilings are not very soundproof.

The bathroom was very small and the toilet ran for 10 solid minutes after each flush (which means no one else can flush in that time) and that was annoying. The door takes up the entire bathroom when open, making it awkward for one person to be showering and another to be in there getting ready. The towels were so thin and scratchy to use, it was not pampering by far.

The room cleaning service was poor. We checked in on a Saturday afternoon and I had to call late Sunday night to ask for more towels for the following morning, as our room was not cleaned nor do they give you extra towels in your room. On Monday afternoon our room had still not been cleaned since we checked in, so I had to call and actually request that our room be serviced and had to leave so they could do so. I was turned off by having to do that.

PROS: The location was perfect, and the lakefront view room we paid extra for made our stay there completely worth it. We enjoyed sitting on our private balcony and looking at the waterfront watching all that was going on around. It made all the hotel downfalls tolerable. Free wi-fi was good. DVD player in room for those of you who want to bring in a movie. Mini fridge was nice to have

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Theuncomfortable bed and the toilet taking forever to stop running
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WI
Reviewed 2 July 2008

I have many of the same responses as below.
Here's my own experience:
I did search online before my husband and I stayed at this hotel.
I thought it looked great with the lakeside view and the pictures of the rooms online looked good too.
We just took our chances when we arrived in Lake Geneva and booked once we got there.
It was just an overnight stay for us, get away for a day and we only live an hour or so away.
But we still had the expectations of a nice hotel, and chance to be together, just the two of us.
My husband is not as picky as myself, and I usually will try to make the best of things (I mean we paid for it right), but the room once we walked in: anything but satisfactory.
The size of the room was fine but the cleanliness, agh-it was pretty bad.
There was a lipstick mark on one of the towels I grabbed from the bathroom, (I know the sign asks to reuse the towels to be "green") but this is ridiculous.
The inside bathroom door had permanent finger stains on it near the doorknob.
The bathroom floor and top of the shower lining all had dusty dirt particles.
I chose the balconey suite for a romantic view but instead got: spiderwebs all over the railing and chipped paint above our heads, way outdated overall.
We too had the view of the blowers and roof below us but could look out to see the lake.
Last thing before I make this a book: went in the outdoor hottub and pool later at night around 9:30-10:00pm, noone else is there, cool, now we knew why: swimming pool overloaded with bugs, I mean swarms of them.
I didn't have my glasses on, so when I walked in further & further and saw this huge pile of, agh bugs, it was just disgusting.
We were on the balconey that very next morning, pool opens at 6 or 7am, employees didn't START cleaning until 9:30am.
NASTY!
Oh, hubby said the sauna inside never did heat up as well.
I know things happen but come on, you want AT LEAST a good getaway and you're paying your hard earned money to stay, not here, at least for us, not again.
Needs MAJOR remodeling, work done, paint and bleach cleaning perferred!

• Liked — The price of our balconey room was $125.00 for the night, that was alright, restaurant in hotel was good.
  • Disliked — The cleanliness overall, needs major updates/improvements if we would ever stay again.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank teenster3
UK
Reviewed 2 June 2008

Fine hotel - did what it said on the tin so to speak (ie provided a place to sleep for the night)!!! Basic, but clean room, with added benefit of small kitchenette area. What the hotel lacked in charachter it certainly made up for with it's view.

• Liked — Location & views
  • Disliked — lack of charachter!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple